DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of time tv series

Cairos

Surely simply making a pilot won't stop the rights reverting to the Jordan estate?

I think that Red Eagle seems to have unfortunately fulfilled their legal requirements to extend the rights. They obviously did what they thought of as the absolute minimum for keeping them. But the example that everyone seems to be comparing this to is the '94 version of the Fantastic Four... never screened, never aired on TV, and all parties involved did their best to make sure it never saw the light of day. But the mere fact that it was produced was enough to keep the rights there. What I'm wondering was, just how much legal precedent was set there? I'm not a lawyer, but IIRC there was no court case involved, and without any legal ruling by a judge, can there really be a precedent?

Surely simply making a pilot won't stop the rights reverting to the Jordan estate?

I think that Red Eagle seems to have unfortunately fulfilled their legal requirements to extend the rights. They obviously did what they thought of as the absolute minimum for keeping them. But the example that everyone seems to be comparing this to is the '94 version of the Fantastic Four... never screened, never aired on TV, and all parties involved did their best to make sure it never saw the light of day. But the mere fact that it was produced was enough to keep the rights there. What I'm wondering was, just how much legal precedent was set there? I'm not a lawyer, but IIRC there was no court case involved, and without any legal ruling by a judge, can there really be a precedent?

Basel, they could have violated the contract in some way. Harriet mentioned some things in her statement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

it suxed!

Red eagle has film rights or something  Universal had TV rights. In Harriets statement I think she mentioned Universals rights being until the 11th but she also DID say that whoever produced this broke the agreement.

Basel without a Court order there is no LEGAL precedent. they could however make an argument for there being a common law or common usage precedent i guess

It was terrible and the reason beyond this monstrosity was even worse. I would really like to see a WOT TV show or movie but not a lower than B rated piece of crap like this was. It was nothing more than REE trying to keep the rights so they could put it back on a shelf until the biggest offer comes in. I hope Harriet puts their you know whats in a sling.

Reding that just says to me that Harriet isnt as clever as the legal representatives of a money grabbing dick organisation and ought to make sure she has very good legal advise before making public statements.

It's pretty shocking how she is being treated/they are behaving, until you remember this world is motivated by money and greed.

I for one refuse to watch the pilot episode on principle and as such have not seen it.

Archived