DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blizzard

Ryrin

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/winter-storm-could-bring-a-blizzard-to-the-northeast/

NEW YORK - Mayor Bill deBlasio said Sunday that a major winter storm could among the worst the city has ever seen.

The National Weather Service has a blizzard warning in effect for the New York and Boston areas starting Monday night. Forecasters say a massive storm could drop two to three feet of snow from northern New Jersey to southern Connecticut.

De Blasio held up a piece of paper showing the city's top 10 snowstorms and said this one could land at the top of a list that goes back to 1872, including the 26.9 inches that fell in 2006.

"Don't underestimate this storm. Prepare for the worst," he said as he urged residents to plan to leave work early Monday.

Airlines are preparing to shut down operations along the East Coast as a major snowstorm packing up to three feet of snow barrels down on the region. Around 700 flights scheduled for Monday are expected to be cancelled, according to the flight tracking site FlightAware.

Stay safe you all!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice thing about NYC blizzards is the heat running under the streets so they clear fast and the rivers to dump the snow in. I had two snow days in all my NYC days.

that said, I can only pray this isnt a year without summer cause srsly, basta!

stay safe one and all.

and winter - get lost. we've all had it already.

Wombat made this Thread and the one about Blizzard Entertainment appear next to each other in New Content.

Made me smile.

But 3 feet of snow is really bad. We just got rid of ours, but we normally get US east coast weather about 2 weeks later, so looks like we'll be getting some more.

Living in Minnesota I can honestly say....that's nuthin! LOL

I do hope it's not too bad though. No one likes diggin out from that much snow no matter where you live. 

Can you imagine if you didn't have snowplows and stuff?

Cindy, people persist in building in areas where they shouldn't be building. Then they try to fart against thunder. How the human race keeps surviving is beyond me!

Living in Minnesota I can honestly say....that's nuthin! LOL

I do hope it's not too bad though. No one likes diggin out from that much snow no matter where you live. 

^Truth^ (and I can say that because I'm part Minnesotian and have been up there during blizzards :P )

I do not know, Cindy. It stumps me every time! And to think I left California for this!!!

My mom says that when she retires she's going to head north not south. I get my snow-crazy from her.

But seriously everyone, be smart and safe. <3

thank you I will. I get to be in jammies all day hunker down on my couch with my TV as long as it stays on. When its off there will be books to read so I'm absolutely okay and I'm pretty sure that work is actually going to pay me even though I'm not there cannot argue with that.

unfortunately my kitty passed away about 2 months ago. I do however have a dog who was raised by a cat and thinks its a cat. And she's pretty good at taking up most of the bed and making me sleep in an awkward way but not letting me get out of the bed.

Then they try to fart against thunder.

The things I am seeing in my head are making me giggle out loud at work.

Y'all can handle it! Y'all are NEW YORKERS!

But cha-know, keep an eye out for the flooding in the nor'easter. I would worry more about that part of it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/major-winter-storm-slam-midwest-move-east/story?id=28627406

Major Winter Storm to Slam the Midwest Then Move East.

With a major winter storm set to hit parts of the Midwest and Northeast, delivering a significant amount of snow that could affect travel across the country to start the week, airlines are already starting to cancel flights.

As of 11 p.m. ET Saturday, airlines had canceled 1,048 flights scheduled for Sunday. Of those, 445 were flights out of Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

The developing winter storm was moving through the southern and central Plains today, bringing a mixture of snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain to the region.

Winter storm warnings, watches, and advisories were currently in effect around midday Saturday from the central Plains to New England in anticipation of the winter storm on the way.

I'd really be fine with at least a two hour delay, at least if they get the roads nice by then (my drive is 40 minutes).

I'd like school so much better if it wasn't so early. I've decided that I'm going to start an afternoon/evening school. It will be better for teachers and students. Don't ask me how it's going to work with parents still needing to work early in the morning and shouldn't leave their kids home alone to get ready--that's a minor technicality. I WILL CHANGE THE WORLD TO BE THIS WAY.

Anyway back on topic; yeah there probably will be a snow day. A lot of other places around here already have, my district just likes to wait until the last minute

Archived