DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mockingjay Part 1

BFG

Was away when this was released so only just seen it and very happy to have caught it in the cinemas.

I really liked it, I think Elizabeth Banks stole the show again (she was brilliant in Catching Fire as well). I thought Josh Hutchinson grew into the role as well although he had little screen time this time.

Anyone else seen it?

I've seen it. I didn't like it. The movie felt like it was plucked out of the middle chapters of a book, no real beginning or end, with not much happening in between.

I can agree with this to an extent. The beginning follows straight from the end of the previous movie, so without reading or watching the books probably doesn't work as a stand alone movie. I also wasn't expecting as much as its my least favourite of the books, so was pleasantly surprised by how much I did enjoy it :)

I really liked the small touches they showed, Katniss holding the pearl that Peeta gave her, Finnick playing with the rope, Effie and Haymitch were just outstounding. I also don't mind the split too much, although it's tricky, the split made it slower paced, but built on the relationships. Without the split it could have been a much faster paced action movie more in keeping with 1 and 2.

Fwiw, Catching Fire is my favourite of the 3 so far, and suspect it will be my favourite of the 4

• 2 months later...

Of entire franchise, this one seems like the most mature and well put together. And, if you are going to do a movie on PTSD, this certainly is one of the good ways to do it. Everything in this movie was working for me. One of the most pleasant surprises of the last last year. 

Archived