DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Web of Words by Heather Attrill

VincentAsaro

Unlike Tolkien, or even Martin now, there is almost no scholarly literature about WoT. There's a fair bit online but no books. Has anyone read Heather Attrill's "A Web of Words"? It appears to be the only published book on the market that takes a scholarly look at Jordan's work. Is it worth reading? Also: I'm only on Book 5 - does WoW contain spoilers?

The Amazon sample looks promising. Attrill notes Jordan's use of interlacing, a Medieval literary technique, which I noticed also. That's the sort of thing I'd like to read about.

If you've read this book, let me know if it's worth checking out.

Thanks! 

Have not heard about that book before your post.

If the book has spoilers, the book's description might tell.

There is a "reread" series about this series; though I am not sure if those would be a scholarly look.  Those I have heard are spoiler free.

Author: Leigh Butler

5 volumes::

Volume 1: Books 1-4

Volume 2: Books 5-6

Volume 3: Books 7-9

Volume 4: Books 10-12

Volume 5: Books 13-14

Have not heard about that book before your post.

If the book has spoilers, the book's description might tell.

There is a "reread" series about this series; though I am not sure if those would be a scholarly look.  Those I have heard are spoiler free.

Author: Leigh Butler

5 volumes::

Volume 1: Books 1-4

Volume 2: Books 5-6

Volume 3: Books 7-9

Volume 4: Books 10-12

Volume 5: Books 13-14

Not quite spoiler free, she started them after KoD came out, so the entire reread series contains spoilers up to that point.

She's also doing a reread of the reread or something on Tor at the moment which assumes knowledge up to and including aMoL. Also not sure how scholarly they are :)

Archived