DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Salutations, Dragonmount.

Solitude

I'm a seventeen year old gamer, writer, and philosopher currently living in northern Indiana (U.S.A.).  I have a pretty average, boring life, but I like to dream.  I'm introverted, asocial (in real life, online I can chat you up and down the wall if I feel like it), and can easily get really awkward, but that doesn't stop me from trying to have fun.

I learned of the Wheel of Time from a family I used to live near--all of the men in the family and some of the women adore the series.  I researched the series some before ever being able to get ahold of any of the books, and fell in love with it, which is saying quite a lot for me.  I used to read books galore but now I am extremely picky with what I read; too many books these days are, in my opinion, generic pieces of crap.  Not the Wheel of Time.  I just finished the Fires of Heaven (book 5, I believe), and am anxiously awaiting my next allowance so that I can get more of the books.

I am not active on this type of site at all but figured I may as well get an account in case I never need to use it.

Welcome to DM, solitude!  We have quite a few gamers on this site so if you do more than lurk, you are sure to find them!

My oldest son will be 17 in 2 weeks. My youngest will be 16 in April.  Both like gaming but I wouldn't call them die-hard gamers.  They play some games (multiplayer) on the PS3 but also play online via Steam.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get them interested in WoT.  Maybe someday!

I'd like to invite you to check out the social groups. I'm a member of the White Tower. I guess I'm still a member of the Kin and Aiel, though I've gone inactive there. It got to where I really only had time for one group so I chose the WT.

Also, if you go to the book discussion board, be careful of spoilers!

I'm by no means a diehard gamer, at least anymore.   I own a few systems (N64, PS3, Nintendo 3DS, PC--where I do most of it) but don't really play a whole lot anymore besides the Elder Scrolls games such as Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

I will definitely check out some of the social groups.

Welcome to DM!

I'll echo Dice and say COME VISIT THE BAND!!! We are a little crazy, but we love to have fun.  :biggrin: There isn't a limit to the amount of social groups you can be in so I would recommend all of them. All of the ones that I'm in are really fun. 

Hope to see you around! 

Solitude,

I'd like to start by extending a welcome for you for joining us on DM! Until you finish the last few books I'd be careful around the discussion boards since you are likely to find spoilers which you may not care to find out before you reach that point in the books.

While you finish the series you might enjoy checking out our social groups where you can get to know some of the people around the site. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are members of multiple groups). If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply for as many of them as you'd like. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however just post here or in their general board and I'm sure their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. Until you have joined a group you can only see a small part of their boards. soon after you join you gain access to the members only parts of their group.

I know a number of our members also enjoy gaming and you may find fellow gamers to talk or even play with if you are on any MMORPG's.

I'm by no means a diehard gamer, at least anymore.   I own a few systems (N64, PS3, Nintendo 3DS, PC--where I do most of it) but don't really play a whole lot anymore besides the Elder Scrolls games such as Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

I will definitely check out some of the social groups.

I am Captain General of the Green Ajah and would be most pleased if you chose to visit us in the White Tower and Warders.  (Don't forget to check out all of the social groups. Fun!)

Archived