DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

@Yates, It didn't look like Ithi was calling Thane out for angle shooting. It looked like she called him out for posting fluff and following a strong vocal player. Basically a form of buddying. Or follow the Ape in JN parlance. 

My little tidbit might well be classed as angle shooting on my part as Thane's posts make it look like he didn't have access to a town PM and only looked for the sample in the OP. It makes me wonder about Kiv as he specifically mentioned the PMs but I think he is smart enough to say he read it from his PM. BTW Kiv, I would still like to hear you claim a character.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yates dropping a dead vote on me with 9 minutes to deadline. Why? It serves no purpose and frankly just looks like a dead vote to stay off the dead townie lynch. Add in what now looks like early buddying and it smells fishy to me. Yates what time did you vote for day today?

To be fair; my vote was on Pral up until that point. My vote was on Pral because he was posting elsewhere but not posting in here. I believe that should be easy enough to surmise given that I linked to a recent Pral post when Kivam accused me of having a "throw away vote."

You're right about the early "buddying," though it was less "buddying" and more "agreeing." I said as much in the post I voted for you [well, the post before the post I voted for you]. I liked your early posts, but they were mostly mechanics - which is pretty easy to hide behind as scum. Then I didn't like your "slip" nonsense and gave you a "minor fos" for it. The more I thought about it, the less I liked it. I voted for you because I wanted you to talk to me about it.

Sooner or later, you guys will realize that a. I don't do throw away votes and b. votes in a hybrid hammer game are not throw away votes.

So,talk to me about Leyrann... Anything besides the "slip" that bothers you?

Iknow why you voted Pral. i was not posting at that time tho as I was driving so not sure what the correlation is there. I couldn't talk about it. Isw what "I thought could be viewed as a slip and asked what others thought. That there was basically no response seems odd to me. I know Ley can make odd word choices but that one stood out as more than language barrier. (BTW i would also like to hear his explanation about the PM thing) Now tho with the people that follwed Ithi onto Ley I am starting to think it is possible he just misspoke which is not uncommon.

I can't see anyway a vote on someone with no votes 9 minutes from deadline is anything other than a throw away. There was literally no chance of my being lynched there. It felt to me that you were avoiding the main discussion re EP and WoT. You voted Pral not too long before to try to get him in the game. Then surmised he was just ignoring and jumped off and onto me. leaving the meat on the table as it were. That you chose my side of the earlier deadline argument  could well be you picking the "townie" side of the argument sort of like you did with the seer cover thing in whatever game that was. Makes you look all reasonable and stuffs. What did you actually vote for as far as today's deadline? i am too lazy to look right now.

Ley was primarily the slip and also the manner his back and forth with Kiv went. I could see that being a w/w argument. That he put as much math into his point is null to me as that is in Ley's normal personality IMO. I still have doubts about him but I am more suspicious of the people that voted him with less than stellar reasoning. I was initially more suspect of Len in that situation but Ithi made a good case on Thane and I noticed the thing about PM vs OP wrt to Thane's point and Kivam's. 

@Yates, It didn't look like Ithi was calling Thane out for angle shooting. It looked like she called him out for posting fluff and following a strong vocal player. Basically a form of buddying. Or follow the Ape in JN parlance.

Yeah. But that was a later development. At the time she accused him, she said THAT was an example of fluff posting. I'm saying it wasn't fluff posting, it was angle shooting. What's funny is that he was accused of the same exact thing in Marlfox. I was also accused of defending him there. *shrug* I have several games of experience with Thane. He gets mislynched a lot because his approach to the game is unorthodox and he's bad at defending himself. He's going to flip Town.

i was not posting at that time tho as I was driving so not sure what the correlation is there. I couldn't talk about it.

I wouldn't know that. I just knew you hadn't responded to my post from earlier. So the correlation is that it was a prod vote.

Isw what "I thought could be viewed as a slip and asked what others thought. That there was basically no response seems odd to me. I know Ley can make odd word choices but that one stood out as more than language barrier. (BTW i would also like to hear his explanation about the PM thing) Now tho with the people that follwed Ithi onto Ley I am starting to think it is possible he just misspoke which is not uncommon.

My first assumption was not "slip." So I wanted to know if you were just probing him for reactions, being overly picky, or what.

I can't see anyway a vote on someone with no votes 9 minutes from deadline is anything other than a throw away. There was literally no chance of my being lynched there.

It wasn't a throw away vote because I wasn't interested in being on either of the leading wagons and because it was a post prod. My vote NOT being on someone also means something later.

It felt to me that you were avoiding the main discussion re EP and WoT.

Actually, I made a post about that. I came to the conclusion that both wagons grew with too little resistance. While that doesn't mean that they were scum driven, it *did* imply [to me anyway] that there weren't scum buddies helping to redirect attention to new wagons.

You voted Pral not too long before to try to get him in the game. Then surmised he was just ignoring and jumped off and onto me. leaving the meat on the table as it were.

Yeah but he left the other game entirely. If he had continued posting and ignoring here, I probably would have left my vote there. That's why I said "Meh. Pral is just ignoring the game." At some point, it's not really a prod anymore.

That you chose my side of the earlier deadline argument  could well be you picking the "townie" side of the argument sort of like you did with the seer cover thing in whatever game that was. Makes you look all reasonable and stuffs. What did you actually vote for as far as today's deadline? i am too lazy to look right now.

For one, I'm pretty sure I chose the 24 hour deadline for Day 1 in my first post. Just made sense [generic short day with enough time for everyone to check in and post] without doing any math.

I chose 20 hours for today, as I proposed in my accounting post from way early in Day 1.

As far as choosing the Townie argument? You are basically saying what I said here:

..it looks like people voting people for disagreeing on clock management. Here's a news flash, the scum team is probably hiding in the people saying they want more time because that's an easy Town "look" to sell.

Ley was primarily the slip and also the manner his back and forth with Kiv went. I could see that being a w/w argument. That he put as much math into his point is null to me as that is in Ley's normal personality IMO. I still have doubts about him but I am more suspicious of the people that voted him with less than stellar reasoning. I was initially more suspect of Len in that situation but Ithi made a good case on Thane and I noticed the thing about PM vs OP wrt to Thane's point and Kivam's.

Ultimately, it was an argument about game mechanics. Pretty much meaningless for alignment discernment. I'm a little worried that Kivam has refocused on mechanics again today and that people seemed to ignore my post suggesting they read the OP if they didn't think there was mafia in the game. I even quoted the OP and made key words big and bold and everything. After Darthe's clarification, I'd be willing to vote anyone still considering the no lynch angle.

so... a random thought... Would the diffirent titles for the days mean anything? Yesterday it was Purge the Tower, today Cleanse the Tower.... just flavor or do we need to look into that?

I see this is the quote in question. My answer would he pure flavour. Darthe likes to change the titles daily. Frequently it is a joke about something that already happened.

That being said I have no.idea about what the difference means here.

I didn't see the post as angle shooting. More as just making conversation. But without giving his opinion on it.

I already told you I'm suspect of Kiv. BUT - he *did* drop the "no lynch" stuff after Darthe's "oops forgot to add this to the OP" post.

Ley is still pushing it.

Ley was also pushing for 36 or 48 hour days - which looks like an attempt to be the "thinking outside the box" Townie doing the Towniest number of hours imaginable.

Claims discussions about mechanics is a good way to catch scum.

Soft push on EP while voting for Kivam.

None of that sits right with me.

Official Vote Count D2:

No Lynch (1/8): Ley

Dice (1/8): Tina,

Turin (1/8): Kivam.

Ithi (1/8): Pral

Ley (3/8): Lenlo, Thane, Yates

Thane: (3/8): Ithi, Turin, Locke

Not Voting (4/14):

RTE, Tommy,  AJ, Dice,

Deadline in 45 minutes

Sorry all, I got cloudflared for a bit there and am coming back to this now.  Because it is late I am going to skip the scene for tonight.  My coin toss came back tails meaning that Thane has been lynched.  

Thane - Algarin Pendaloan, Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

It is now NIGHT.  You have 12 hours from now to get in any and all actions which means deadline is at 11:30 in the morning EST.

I actually prefer the longer days. This silliness with people not posting or voting is irritating. It is ridiculous that Tommy and AJ are silent here.

Darthe, any prods to the silent people?

I've been told by a few people that they have cloudflare issues.  AJ is the only one to not show up and he is gone in general.

Archived