DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TAINTED DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

Panchi

Tina, upto five days are allowed. Those days can be booked or not. Booked means only you get to do the task on that day and unbooked (open for all) means anyone can do the task. Unbooked tasks have to be completed within 24 hours while booked tasks can be completed any time during this month.

btw, sorry everyone for not getting last two tasks up. I had Hindi exam which had to much to read before exam.

Day 16

christmas-books-2012.jpg

What are Christmas traditions where you live?

On the 23rd we celebrate with my bf´s family. It´s jus us, his father and his brothers family. We exchange gifts (the kids) and eat Christmas food.

We celebrate Christmas on the 24th. Most people in the world celebrate on the 25th but there are a few countries that do it on the 24th. In the morning the kids can find a gift in the stockings. (It´s a new tradition that we has taken from USA. It wasn´t a tradition when I was little.) After lunch we go to my sister. We watch Donald Duck and his friends wishing everyone a Merry Christmas while we eat gingerbread cookies and drink mulled wine. There might be some chocolate as well. :) After Donald Duck Santa often arrives with a few gifts for the kids. The rest lies under the Christmas tree. When Santa leaves it´s time to hand out and open the gifts. The kids will then play with some of their new toys while the grown ups prepare the dinner. (Well, I usually try to stay out of the kitchen. :D) We have a lot of different food - ham, meatballs, sausages, salmon, kaviar, eggs, pickled herrings, potatoes, beetroot sallad etc. After dinner we just relax and eat a lot of Christmas candy. If we stay over the night we play games or watch a movie when the kids have gone to bed. My sister has a outdoor hot tub. Not sure if we are going to use it this year. It´s fun to roll around in the snow first. We haven´t got any snow so far though. I hope we get some soon. We have years without snow on Christmas but it´s just not the same. 

Archived