DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

speaking as a visiting ogier...

Mrs. Cindy Gill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to quite like cats, and then I moved to a place where I did not have a cat - but all of the neighbours did. Or at least it seemed that way.

My boys couldn't just go out and play, because our garden was the whole cat society's toilet. I had to go out each morning and collect it all up. It was disgusting. I tried all the things you try to make them stay out - but they would not.

And I grew to hate them - because they made my life a misery.

There's a big white fluffy one that lives nearby my new house, and thankfully it doesn't class my yard as being its loo.

But I won't be having much soft landscaping when I get round to getting the garden done next year - just in case.

I used to quite like cats, and then I moved to a place where I did not have a cat - but all of the neighbours did. Or at least it seemed that way.

My boys couldn't just go out and play, because our garden was the whole cat society's toilet. I had to go out each morning and collect it all up. It was disgusting. I tried all the things you try to make them stay out - but they would not.

And I grew to hate them - because they made my life a misery.

There's a big white fluffy one that lives nearby my new house, and thankfully it doesn't class my yard as being its loo.

But I won't be having much soft landscaping when I get round to getting the garden done next year - just in case.

True. Cats do that everywhere except in their own garden.

*Dutch, actually. Not Netherlanders.

And yeah, I see, but in my experience, cats consider the neighbour's gardens their toilet while they only come home to eat, while dogs want to sit on your lap (or put their head on your lap if they're too large, like our dog) and like playing with us humans, for example trying to run the fastest or a game of fetch (I believe it's called?).

I think the disconnect is between inside house cats which are more common in the US, and outside visiting the house cats which seems to be the European standard.

US housecats when trained properly basically ONLY go in their litterbox. so they are free to wander about everywhere else. Plotting their coup.

ya they don't even have to be trained. you show a kitten a litter box and they know that's where they go.

when I was very young there were more outdoor cats, and they'd roam and sometimes swipe good wrapped meat left defrosting on windowsills but nowadays it's mostly very rural folk who let cats wander. an outdoor cat lives, on average, 4 years, and an indoor one more like 16-20 so...

but yes, they will use the interwebz to prepare the world for their dominion before getting more servile animals and humans to do the hard work.

Archived