DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tasty

Leelou

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm alone in the house and have been trying to avoid scary stories and freaky things.

Now I have nightmares of that to contend with.

Do you think it moves in its legs or it's tentacles? I'm going to say legs - it needs the tentacles for latching on to your ankles as you walk by where it was hiding

Ummm.... This is my breakfast tomorrow.

img53l.jpg

Brazilian French Toast - aka Deep Fried French Toast!

Ingredients:
3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1⁄2 cup water
3⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. dark rum
Pinch of salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
8 baguette slices, cut diagonally 1 inch thick
Canola oil for frying
Cinnamon French toast sugar for sprinkling*
Directions:
In a bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, water, vanilla, rum, salt and eggs. Pour into a shallow baking dish. Place the baguette slices in the egg mixture, then turn them over; they should be completely submerged in the liquid. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.

In a deep fryer, pour in oil and heat to 375°F according to the manufacturer's instructions. Working in batches, fry the bread until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle generously with French toast sugar. Serve immediately. Serves 1 Yates (and possibly his baby mamma)

What flavor?

Blueberry.

I had the blueberry with chia and pumpkin seeds and all that yesterday? Was not good. The coconut and dark chocolate one was good but more desserty than breakfasty. I actually prefer plain greek yogurt with honey and like walnuts or almonds. We also have this local granola company that makes something called "Squirrel Bait" that is AWESOME in yogurt.

Archived