DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Winter's Heart Character Map

Dakaran

I recently started and finished book 9 after a looong hiatus from the series. Along the way I remembered how RIDICULOUS it is to try and keep up with all the characters at this point in the series simply by memory. Congrats to anyone who can. You are amazing. To help myself both keep track of the story as well as refresh my memory on various characters I started making a character map as I went through book 9. I now have a HUGE character map that details the "end-state" of Winter's Heart with relationships, deaths, and some events of the book. Right now it pretty much has all of the (noteworthy) characters that appeared in book 9, although I know there's many more. It helped me a lot, so I thought I'd share it in the event anyone else finds these sort of things helpful. PLEASE NOTE - if you haven't read through Winter's Heart, it has spoilers. Also, I'd of course welcome any feedback if I've gotten anything wrong, missed any important points, characters, etc. I plan to continue to use this and make a new version as I read through book 10.

EDIT: I've finished a character map for book 10 as well and going forward I'll be putting all WoT character maps I complete on a handy-dandy page on my website here for easy perusal: http://www.iheartprintandplay.com/the-wheel-of-time/. Enjoy!

Image source link

* IMAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS THROUGH BOOK 9: WINTER'S HEART *

Wot-09-Character-Map.png

Oh man! That's excellent!

I LOVE stuff like this. Do you plan on doing the other previous books also? I would greatly look forward to them if you do.

I'd love to go back and chart them up, but it'll have to be as I find spare time. I would really like to though. Right now, I plan to keep making them for the books past #9 as I get through them.

I LOVE stuff like this. Do you plan on doing the other previous books also? I would greatly look forward to them if you do.

I'd love to go back and chart them up, but it'll have to be as I find spare time. I would really like to though. Right now, I plan to keep making them for the books past #9 as I get through them.

Can't wait to see your version of aMoL. That sure is going to be very complex, and all over the place.

BTW. One little nit on your map. You forgot to include Faile's last name(Aybara), as that will have some more significance in the next two books.

Also, the following Aes Seda have Warders-

• Seonid Traighan - Furen Alharra and Teryl Wynter.
  • Masuri Sokawa - Rovair Kirklin.

And again, I love what you have created here. I will be using your maps in my re-reads, as I was getting Aes Seda, Wise Ones, Kinswomen, and Seafolk mixed up time and again.

Can't wait to see your version of aMoL. That sure is going to be very complex, and all over the place.

BTW. One little nit on your map. You forgot to include Faile's last name(Aybara), as that will have some more significance in the next two books.

Also, the following Aes Seda have Warders-

• Seonid Traighan - Furen Alharra and Teryl Wynter.
  • Masuri Sokawa - Rovair Kirklin.

And again, I love what you have created here. I will be using your maps in my re-reads, as I was getting Aes Seda, Wise Ones, Kinswomen, and Seafolk mixed up time and again.

Thanks for the catches. I'll make an update soon and replace the image. :)

@dakaran,

in your winter's heart character map you wrote:

"elayne,aviendha and min together bond rand as their warder".

rand was not their warder,certainly not in the traditional sense of the word.

this four way bonding affair was not about protection,it was about love.

(mild spoiler)judging from the way rand positioned his three lovers in the

last battle,they were more his warders than he was theirs.

The only thing non-traditional about all of Rand's bonds seems to be that he does not take orders from the bond holders.  and only Min's bond seems to have any additional non-traditional aspects of it.

All other things about his bonds seem similar to the Aes_Sedia/Warder bond.

• 2 weeks later...

Except only Min is forced to obey him. The others were female channelers that could not be controlled like other Bonded men. Remember Alanna's response to Verin's question immeadiately after Bonding him?? It works the other way to since Logain could not control his Bonds either.

Min forced to obey Rand?  I am not sure about that.  It seemed to me that Min's obedience was because she wanted to obey; and Rand seldom commanded any of his bond holders.

these to me are the only things that can force obedience::

-Compulsion

-fealty oath on some oath-binding terangreal

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I've made it through book 10 and have a complete character map for Crossroads of Twilight now too. I've been getting a fair amount of interest in my maps, so I'm putting them (any and future maps I make) on an easy to peruse page on my website: http://www.iheartprintandplay.com/the-wheel-of-time/. Feel free to take a gander and please let me know if there's something I missed or mixed up.

Thanks!

Dakaran

Thanks for the CoT version Dakaran. Marvelous as always.

Looking at them, I do have another suggestion regarding Perrin's part.  At this point in time he is building up quite a formidable armed force, a small army so to speak, that will play important part in his storyline for several reasons.

I would suggest adding the following to his parts-

• Sulin, of the 'Far Dareis Mai'  leading a group of other 'Maidens of the Spear'(there were around two dozen).
  • Mayener 'Winged Guards'(mounted lancers) over 900+ belonging to Berelain, commanded by Lord Captain Bertain Gallenne.
  • Ghealdan 'Legion of the Wall' heavy cavalry(also mounted lancers), unknown number, belonging to Alliandre, commanded by First Captain Gerard Arganda.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and I can't wait for your next installment. 

Archived