DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Movies Are You Excited For? (That haven't come out yet)

new star wars ofc ... the what about a 300 III ? lol i liked the first one and the second.

oh, and if they can make a penny dreadful movie, i'd love to see it *nods*

I'm seeing a lot of Hobbit... Did you guys like the first two?  :tongue: I was disappointed. I though LoTR was well done, but I thought the Hobbit was... not good. 

I actually have never seen Jurassic park, I have never read or seen any Hunger games or either of the 300 movies... or almost any Marvel for that matter. Oh! I forgot Sherlock Holmes 3... If they ever make it.

I loved the Hobbit, though I have to admit part of my love for it comes from my love of Middle Earth as a whole. The Necromancer storyline is pretty much out of other sources. (I think the Appendix to Return of the King (but possible some other sources as well). Especially for me, I LOVE the background on the order of wizards. Things that didn't make it into the movie: the wizards and Sauron are the same species (they are both a sort of lesser god), and Radagast was the one who sent the eagles to rescue Gandalf from on top of the tower, after Gandalf let him know by telling the moth to find him. 

My favorite Hobbit line though is when Gandalf mentions that he can't remember the name of the Blue wizards... their names are never mentioned in all of the books, so that is an inside joke that they sneaked in for the geeky fans.

I loved the Hobbit, though I have to admit part of my love for it comes from my love of Middle Earth as a whole. The Necromancer storyline is pretty much out of other sources. (I think the Appendix to Return of the King (but possible some other sources as well). Especially for me, I LOVE the background on the order of wizards. Things that didn't make it into the movie: the wizards and Sauron are the same species (they are both a sort of lesser god), and Radagast was the one who sent the eagles to rescue Gandalf from on top of the tower, after Gandalf let him know by telling the moth to find him. 

My favorite Hobbit line though is when Gandalf mentions that he can't remember the name of the Blue wizards... their names are never mentioned in all of the books, so that is an inside joke that they sneaked in for the geeky fans.

Yeah, my dislike of the Hobbit movies mainly stems from the 'pale orc', the elf-dwarf love story, the way they did Radagast, and the over-use of CGI. I love Middle-Earth, I just didn't like that adaption. If i had been making the Hobbit, it would have been two movies, had cut out all of the pale orc, the love story, fixed the barrel sequence, and utilized the beautiful New Zealand scenery. Though I have to say: Andy Serkis was stellar as always, the Dragon was AWESOME, Bard was pretty good, and Sir Ian was Gandalf. 

Man, the Dragon was cool.  :smile:

Yeah I really liked the first one but the add ins  especially the increased Legolas role and the elf/dwarf love affair drive me nuts!!  HATE IT!!!

Thought they tried to copy Wormtongue in the Lake town too hard as well tho i did like the mayor lol

Smaug ROCKS!!

other thing i didnt like is that they split it into 3.   2 i could handle but three means this is basically just gonna be the battle of 5 armies.

and I'm just glad Russell Crowe isn't playing Moses.

Agreed, though he WAS good as Noah. 

Really excited to see Ridley Scott's new offering, Exodus: Gods and Kings.

Usually really enjoy whatever he directs, but I can't wait to see his take on one of the most well-known stories of the Bible.  Also Christian Bale as Moses has me excited.

Though I'm not much of a Ridley Scott fan, I am interested to see Christian Bale as Moses. I'm almost excited for that movie. 

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to the Hobbit, but agree, compared to LoTR trilogy, its pales.  Not thrilled with it, but still fun.

Of course you guys like Smaug....it's Benedict Cumberbatch.  He rocks.

Hmm...what other movies am I looking forward to?

Avengers Age of Ultron

Finding Dory (Although I think they should call it Dory's Story)

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

Penguins of Madagascar

Into the Woods

Mortdecai

Not looking forward to SW 7.  I hated 1, 2 and 3 and JJ Abrams does weird things to movies/tv shows.  I loved Alias when it first came out and as it became more popular, it go so much weirder and that is because of JJ.  Look at MI:III; the story arc of Star Trek ( I get it, just weird).  Besides, leave it alone.  The original was the best and will always be.

giphy.gif

Horn is awesome and because of that, I give you the gift of Tom winks.

I don't agree with MI:III.... MI:II was butchered so badly, then in III, JJ Abrams tried to bring the series back to what made it not a bowl of vomit. I think SW7 will be awesome, but that is mostly because a) the great revisionist himself got uninvolved, and b) there are a TON of checks and balances done to improve quality control.

*channels threads of air to give Dice a neck massage*

i remember the spotfine, thank u -.-

I was bad and channeled. As punishment I must now help, support and succor those I abused. I am deeply sorry Dice and Thane

*glares*

would you like a snack ?

*channels some hotdogs*

I was bad and channeled. As punishment I must now help, support and succor those I abused. I am deeply sorry Dice and Thane

Archived