DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Dimensions of the White Tower

ManiacalSurgeon

Hey guys, I'm interested in finding out what the dimensions of the White Tower are.  I've am only in book two and there hasn't been any in depth discussions about the place just that it was built by Ogier.  I'm interested in finding out because I'd like to make it a project in Minecraft to build the White Tower.  I know it probably sounds silly but I think it would be awesome to do such and thing for that and several other infrastructures!  I've sifted through a lot of information on the internet but to no avail... If you guys know that would be awesome!! Thanks!

Imagine the tower as being dozens of levels, so large and tall that it stood well above the city which was built of buildings of several levels and their mentions of sky bridges.  The tower has two kitchens and eating areas just for the novices and accepted, the second is in disuse.  I think it was mentioned that the tower could house 2000 sisters, so add in the accepted and the novices and it is a massive skyscraper pretty much, and fairly large.  In addition to it, the grounds are large enough to hold various training grounds for the tower guard, warders, barracks, different stables and so on.  Given that Elaida mentions the inconvenience in all the stairs to get to her apartments in the upper reaches of the tower, and that in Ebou Dar the girls don't give mention to five or six level apartment buildings, it's probably fairly massive.

13th depository, the main content is from the books and/or from author comments.  the "comments" (below the posts) I take are from fans.

I generally pay attention to just the main content when I visit that site; hardly ever to the "comments".

Pg 93 of the BWB has the only drawing of the white tower I know of, going by that picture it has probably has at least 20 floors plus basement levels.  The BWB describes constructed entirely of white stone and towers 500 feet above the ground and is 300 feet across at the base.  Slightly wider at the base than the top, the tower was designed to house the Ajahs in the top half; each within its own pie shaped section, while leaving the wider bottom half to general purposes.  A smaller palace like structure attached to the back of the main tower was intended for novices and Accepted, while a large building behind the tower and palace was to function as the library.  It goes into detail of front of the tower, the square in front of it, etc...

That was the picture I was referring to in my first post of this thread.

I counted 29 rows of windows with some spaces in between some of the rows; and the door below the bottom row of windows with some space in between it and them.  Those things could indicate 35 floors above ground.

Gathering Storm mentioned 22nd level in some scene.  Chapter 41.

Wonder what it might be like now with the changes Elaida was having done and how far the work was.  All I remember is she was having a lot of work for the amilryn's quarters.  But if it was 20, 29, or more stories I could see how climbing all those stairs could get annoying.  Bet just for that reason alone Aes Sedai will be glad of gateways.  It would be nice to see a drawing of what the black tower looks like and what it would of looked liked if it gets finished. 

Archived