DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia games!

Thane Vakarian

I don't allow it at the White Tower and Warders, because it always ends up with a bunch of people whining because someone was nasty to them, broke the rules, blah blah fish paste ... boohoo. So you have the whiners, the cheaters and my personal favourites: the ones who should grow a pair. These are the people who don't have the round objects to say what they truly think about someone under normal circumstance, but use this as an excuse to lay the nasty down under the guise of "playing a game". 

Strangely, most of my friends on DM seem to like Mafia and play it. Go figure.

Elgee

Amyrlin

Slumming it.

These are the people who don't have the round objects to say what they truly think about someone under normal circumstance, but use this as an excuse to lay the nasty down under the guise of "playing a game". 

I totally agree with this. I´m not fond of personal insults and bashing that seems to be okay with most people nowdays. It´s absolutely possible to play good games without it. I only mod "nice" games now. :D

I don´t know why I like playing mafia. I´m still not very good at it. I have good instincts some times but I rarely trust them when I should. On top on that I have a really bad memory so I often need to spend far too much time re-reading stuff. But I still love playing mafia. It´s a curse. 

With a few exceptions (because of theme or mod) I´ll try to sign up for small basic games since I´m most fond of them. 

I don't allow it at the White Tower and Warders, because it always ends up with a bunch of people whining because someone was nasty to them, broke the rules, blah blah fish paste ... boohoo. So you have the whiners, the cheaters and my personal favourites: the ones who should grow a pair. These are the people who don't have the round objects to say what they truly think about someone under normal circumstance, but use this as an excuse to lay the nasty down under the guise of "playing a game". 

Elgee

Amyrlin

Slumming it.

This is one of the MANY reasons I love you.

These are the people who don't have the round objects to say what they truly think about someone under normal circumstance, but use this as an excuse to lay the nasty down under the guise of "playing a game". 

I totally agree with this. I´m not fond of personal insults and bashing that seems to be okay with most people nowdays. It´s absolutely possible to play good games without it. I only mod "nice" games now. :D

I don´t know why I like playing mafia. I´m still not very good at it. I have good instincts some times but I rarely trust them when I should. On top on that I have a really bad memory so I often need to spend far too much time re-reading stuff. But I still love playing mafia. It´s a curse. 

With a few exceptions (because of theme or mod) I´ll try to sign up for small basic games since I´m most fond of them. 

Wrong.

some mafia games get too personal too fast. i think the mods should monitor closely and warn the players involved if something like that starts. 

Other than that, mafia games, for me, are a way to escape reality a bit and play a role. Doesn't matter if you're town or not, everybody has a role to play, and the most convincing ones usually win. 

Elgee

Amyrlin

Slumming it.

This is one of the MANY reasons I love you.

Aaawwww ... *goes all mushy*

Crap ... that was a novice I just mushed ...

*hides the evidence*

By the way, the only Mafia game I ever played (that I can remember ... I think there was one more but that one I can't really remember. Prolly cos I was Town in that one and being Town is BOOOOOOring) was here at the BT, way back when Roka was still M'Hael. We were both Mafia (the only way is Mafia!) but since neither of us had a clue how it was played, I managed to get him killed almost immediately. I then got Tayol (BT boss back then) to be my partner, and got him killed too, if I remember correctly. He beat me up because of that. At the dice game thingy, that is. Dore whatsit.

Everyone in university plays mafia.

It's amazing.

Hey Locke :D

I mostly play it here. Though I did play it a couple of times live in Dragoncon. It was fun but very different. Less thought, more fun.

Hey Nyn :D  How's life? :)  

Yeah, playing live is like no time for strategy, we're just going insane for the lols. 

Everyone in university plays mafia.

It's amazing.

Hey Locke :D

I mostly play it here. Though I did play it a couple of times live in Dragoncon. It was fun but very different. Less thought, more fun.

Hey Nyn :D  How's life? :)  

Yeah, playing live is like no time for strategy, we're just going insane for the lols. 

i remember a game where Chae and I played as wolves vs. the rest of her family... 't was a fun game, for the wolves. Town was at a loss. Live playing rocks, really.

Archived