DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello Dragonmount!

Churd

What's up guys? I've been a huge fan of the Wheel of Time since 2005. I'm currently on my third re-read and I'm halfway through The Shadow Rising. I've been lurking the forums as mostly a spectator for quite a while but I've finally decided to step out from the shadows and be a more active member of the community. I love WOT because I feel it's one of the greatest stories ever told. The world is huge and immersive. The characters are excellent and mostly well developed. I'm a huge Perrin fanboy lol. So much so that I named my first son Perrin. I'm married and have 3 children (will be 4 in January). I look forward to becoming a more active member of the community and hopefully making it to a Jordancon in the future.

-Churd

(Richard)

Welcome Churd!!! Congrats on the little one on the way. Have you had some time to look around? The social groups are a great way to meet people. You can join as many as you wish. There is a forum for role playing. You can write your own character into a WoT setting... ...and we have the discussion area. I'd like to invite you to stop by the White Tower and Warders. Just, FYI, there are boards you cannot see unless you choose to be a member. Each group does their own thing so be sure to check them all out. There are lots of things to do here, you just have to find the time.

Welcome Churd,

Three re-reads... Awesome!!! Be sure to visit the discussion boards if you want to discuss any theories or thoughts on the books.  They have some great discussions and always have room for more if you want to discuss something that is not mentioned yet.

I'd highly suggest you also spend some time and check out our social groups to see if you think you might enjoy joining any. (Join as many as you'd like) If you have questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should be able to answer them (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). If you have questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & eating out, I should also be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). Unfortunately I can't offer much help answering questions about our other Social Groups but I'm sure if you have any and post them here someone will be able to answer them for you.

Lastly DM has Role Play groups which, though I am not a part of, does appeal to some people.  The social groups seem to have light RP elements but mainly focus on interacting with the other members of that group.  I assume the RP threads are for those who like to fully immerse themselves in their character and am sure that some of our RP people could probably answer any questions you may have.

Archived