DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Videogame Music

legend of zelda series has mostt distinctive music in my opinion thogh maybe just becuse of followed it for long time and lots of peoplle have made their own unique versions of the songs.

song of time from ocarina of time is probablly favourite music ever heard from video game, partly becuse when first played the game when it came out hadnt really heard anything like it before in a video game and it was prety mysterious to me before i knew how important the temple of time was (lol apparently i was one of few peple back then who didnt use a walkthruogh from a magazine or anything and guess thats why took me a decade of ocasionaly coming back to the game to finaly find all the golden skultulas myself). then it became my favourite ocarina song to play:

this is somone's arrangement of it:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Nice.  I am really unfamiliar with anything after about 2000-2005.  Apparently one of the Mass Effect 2 composers, Jimmy Hinson, got his start on OC Remix.  That's pretty awesome.

I'm a bit of an obscurist myself.  Feast on some Tim Follin NES prog rock madness:

Nice!  I featured a couple tracks from Belmont's Revenge when I tackled the Game Boy in my vgm game a few years ago.  The Game Boy had some deliciously pure tones and great panning effects, though few composers really put them to work.  Ryuji Sasai knew what was up:

there were some fantastic songs on belmont's revenge. haha, alot of the older composers knew the tools they had and used them incredibly well, and it shows haha, but moving on a bit from the game boy, you had so much on the game boy advance too, just a ton, and it was fantastic. i havent seen any megaman stuff yet, so imma gonna fix that:

departure best track on MMZ2 and thats saying something: 

though megaman in general has some fantastic tracks though

One of the interesting things about the Mega Man series is that Capcom recruited a different composer for nearly every title and yet almost all of the early ones feel distinctly consistent.  The rather unknown Takashi Tateishi's Mega Man 2 is the obvious crown jewel of the bunch.  And it happened to spawn the most epic vgm fan tribute I've personally ever watched:

yeah? i didn't know that capcom did that haha.

and im not goona lie, thats an awesome tribute. speaking of awesome and tributes, ever heard of the Protomen?

i love stuff like this, taking the story and making it their own, its both creative and awesome

though i recomend listening to the album in order, thats just one of my favorite tracks

Archived