DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Marriage Knife Sheath Color/Husband Still Alive?

Phaldun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite true. And I must have been slipping checking up on the adventure game.  

But real trivia question:  What name was used for Nazgul #2?

Silly follow up, do you feel sorry for the others that only got numbers?

StarTrek cross the streams follow up, Was 7 of 9 meant in any way to be an homage to the numbered Nazgul? 

StarTrek cross the streams follow up, Was 7 of 9 meant in any way to be an homage to the numbered Nazgul? 

7 of 9 was brought in because she has a lovely large bosom, and the series was getting very boring. They needed some higher ratings and she spiced it up I say. I do have a new found understanding that when I start a thread within the Black Tower, it is indeed not my house. Please don't shield me, stuff air around me, and abuse me with toys. I have learned my lesson.

I must admit that I did not finish reading the LOTR series. I tried, but I got bored. I made the mistake of watching the movies first, so I kept seeing all the faces from the movies and it wasn't very sexy. I actually yelled at Samwise Gamgee while I was reading and told him that his ass should have stayed with the Goonies.

The thing I like about the WOT series is that it breaks away from the norm of LOTR that has been copied and copied and imitated into oblivion. Rarely do we see a fantasy world without the freaking elves and dwarves. I mean they seem to be everywhere in almost every fantasy. I just got sick of it. The WOT is totally unique and has its own roots. I am sure Robert Jordan borrowed a few ideas from other authors, but most of his saga is directly from his brain..........with no elves and dwarves popping out of the forests and mountains like most other fantasy worlds.

I like the idea of a marriage knife on an Altaran woman who has a living and breathing husband. I think in my story she will have the dagger sheathed, but there was a good idea from someone here of the blade being visible. Like a sheath with several intricate designed windows through out the sheath, so the wearer is protected from slicing her own throat when she is spanking little billy cause he stole the neighbor's hot cherry pie. I believe the knife being visible got the majority vote on this thread so that would please that outcome as well. Sort of like a woven gold or silver sheath with many pukas or gaps in it so you can see much of the blade as well. This would work with leather, brass, and bronze designs for commoners as well. I suppose color would not much matter, as long as it is not any shade of white or blue. What do you guys think? :wink:

''I must admit that I did not finish reading the LOTR series. I tried, but I got bored. I made the mistake of watching the movies first, so I kept seeing all the faces from the movies and it wasn't very sexy. I actually yelled at Samwise Gamgee while I was reading and told him that his ass should have stayed with the Goonies.''

Sam Gamgee has nothing to do with the Goonies. A good story has nothing to do with 'sexy'. Sorry if you didn't find Lord of the rings very erotic, that would be because it isn't.

However, I heartily agree about the whole marriage knife sheath. There has to be one. There would be nasty consequences if there wasn't.

It was a figure of speech about it being sexy. Furthermore, did you ever watch the Goonies? The same lead actor was a child then, but same face and same older person as Samwise in P.J's LOTR. That's what I was getting at.

I have seen the goonies. That you have seen the actor in more than one movie is highly common. And in most cases, it matters not. That's all I was getting at.  :tongue:

So then you understand when I was reading LOTR............I kept seeing the faces of those actors and actresses..............and it just was not doing it. Perhaps if I read it before I witnessed the movies. The point I want to drive home to you is that Tolkien was Lord of fantasy during the World Wars I and II era.........Yes. I give him that flag..........but after him.........so many so called authors and writers of fiction have copied his Dwarves and Elves to Haties. What I am saying is that Robert Jordan is the King of fantasy in our time. Our time being the here and now. I am trying to tell you that yes. Tolkien deserves his respect for coming up with the world that he created, but I am so sick of witnessing so many other so called world creators molding and copying his dwarf and elf world. It is actually kinda laughable. Robert Jordan on the other hand has created a new fictional world almost from scratch and sets the standard for creativity and enlightenment in our current time frame. Thank God for writers like him, because he is out of the box of the world of Dwarf and Elf.

Furthermore.......Robert Jordan's world is so much more adult............so darker, more dirty, more real. It lets the adults have fun and leaves the dwarves and elves for the kids. Are you still a kid?

People can join our site from the age of 13. Age isn't really relevant and people shouldn't be judged because of their age.

If you think RJ is the best ever then that's cool. Other people think other things. Again - this is a social group and not the Discussion Board so we don't really like arguments and stuff.

If you like more adult fantasy you may want to check out the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop. It is also a completely new take on fantasy.

So then you understand when I was reading LOTR............I kept seeing the faces of those actors and actresses..............and it just was not doing it. Perhaps if I read it before I witnessed the movies. The point I want to drive home to you is that Tolkien was Lord of fantasy during the World Wars I and II era.........Yes. I give him that flag..........but after him.........so many so called authors and writers of fiction have copied his Dwarves and Elves to Haties. What I am saying is that Robert Jordan is the King of fantasy in our time. Our time being the here and now. I am trying to tell you that yes. Tolkien deserves his respect for coming up with the world that he created, but I am so sick of witnessing so many other so called world creators molding and copying his dwarf and elf world. It is actually kinda laughable. Robert Jordan on the other hand has created a new fictional world almost from scratch and sets the standard for creativity and enlightenment in our current time frame. Thank God for writers like him, because he is out of the box of the world of Dwarf and Elf.

Furthermore.......Robert Jordan's world is so much more adult............so darker, more dirty, more real. It lets the adults have fun and leaves the dwarves and elves for the kids. Are you still a kid?

Careful my friend, don't insult me or Tolkien. Are you insinuating that adults don't enjoy Tokien? There are a world more Tolkienites than WoT fans. Obviously the 'are you still a kid?' is a jab at myself. A jab worthy or what? A kid? Who is more childish, the younger person who doesn't insult the adult (I'm 16 next month), or the adult who posts drunk and try's to insult both the younger person and Tolkien? I submit that I have the high ground. As my mother would say to my little brothers: 'Talk to me when you're willing to be a nice boy.'    

You may think that Robert Jordan's world is more 'adult', but you are not.

Good day.

Also you might not be aware that when you write things on a forum we can't hear how you are saying them, or see your face/body language. This may make the things you are writing seem harsher than you intend too.

This goes for everyone :)

You are so correct. Again I was taken way to seriously. I did not mean to insult anyone by my "Are you a kid" question. You cannot see my face or hear my tone so I totally agree with Ithillian. Apologies. I really was not trying to insult anyone.

Archived