DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*deep breath* Help needed to avoid temporary homelessness - PICTURES

Mystica

Hi all,

I posted this on my Ajah at Tarvalon.net and facebook and figured I might as well post it here too.

Long post, please read it fully before commenting. Thank you. :wub:

When I came home from work the day before yesterday evening I found a note on our elevator door saying that they are going to work on the elevator in September. This work will take 2 weeks (although they also mention 3 months but I think that's for the whole project of several elavators in different buildings). According to them the first week the elevator 'may' work after office hours. The second week it will not work at all.

I live on the 9th floor.
I have a weak condition that causes my hear to pump way too fast way too quickly for which I do cardio exercises three times a week since months now to improve that condition. I am not allowed to do 16 staircases twice a day (at minimum).
I also am raising an assistant guide dog for the physically disabled and he is not allowed to do stairs yet.
I am unable to carry him up the stairs either, he's a 55 pound golden retriever.
Atop of which he's scheduled for castration on 3rd of September which means he must be kept quiet and resting a lot, not trotting up 16 flights of stairs.
Plus I generally take him out between 5 and 8 times a day since I live in an appartment with only a balcony on which he refuses to relieve himself.

Needless to say this situation makes it impossible for me to remain in my appartment during those works.

There isn't anyone available to take the dog and to be honest I don't want to miss him for 14 days, especially not when he's been in surgery. I want to make sure he's taken care of properly.
I've petitioned at work to be able to get one of the studios they have for international guests but everything was full and even if it weren't it is apparently strictly forbidden for domestic employees. The lady had done it once to help out someone in need and she almost lost her job over it. So yeah, not an option.

I'm contemplating bunking down at my office but that's not very practical and I'm not even sure if it's allowed for security reasons.

So, my only option is to find other lodgings and that brings me to dogfriendly accommodation.
I found several hotels but obviously the price is quite steep.
Bottom line is that the cheapest one I could find that is available and practical is about 1250 euro +/- 1500 dollars) for the two weeks.

I don't really have that kind of money laying around so I was wondering if I could find enough people willing to sponsor me. The idea would be that each person would donate about 15 dollars or so and I promise I will pay it back. I'll keep a list of people that donate and the amount they donate and I will make a repayment plan and I'll pay back several people each month.
Thing is, I don't know if I can raise enough or if there are enough people willing to participate.
I wouldn't need the full amount because I can cover about 1/3 of it myself.

I would need about 70 people to donate 15 dollars (less if more is offered, but 15 should be doable for most. I only have one week to get this done so I'm afraid I need an answer rather quickly, which is why I'm using facebook for this.

Please DO NOT feel bad if you are not in a position to help. I TOTALLY understand!!

Before you ask, my family isn't really an option. Most of them have pets of their own and it's not that easy to match them with other dogs and the others are simply too far away for practical use. Plus 14 days is quite a long time.

Some of my Sisters of the Green from TarValon.net have already offered to help out which is awesome and they're a fantastic bunch. But given the amount of people I need I thought I'd put it out in as many places as I could. Just in case.

Upon their request I will be creating a paypal account (since I lost access to my previous one... grrr) today, but Belgian sponsors can get my bank account number directly.

I WILL pay you all back. It may just take several months to get around to all of you.

If you are able to sponsor me, please let me know here and I will contact you in private with the necessary details.

Thank you all in advance,

Myst and Mulan

Extra information:

Just a note for everyone to mark the donation as "Sending to friends or family" instead of "Paying for goods and services". That should take care of the hold on the money

Otherwise paypal holds it for 21 days and requires you to confirm having received the 'service' after I mark it down as 'handled'.

it's a social housing building. So the manager is actually the government. And no, they won't offer any assistance. The 1,5 weeks is our 'notice' and they advice us to take the 'necessary precautions' and to 'help each other'.

Extra information:

I just received the first donation and apparently paypal won't release the money until it is certain of the validity of the transaction. So I have to mark the transaction as 'handled' and the senders have to confirm reception of the goods/service.

Sorry about this, I had no idea this was the case. It's been years since I last used paypal and I only used it to send money, never to receive it. Things may have changed since then.

Just a note for everyone to mark the donation as "Sending to friends or family" instead of "Paying for goods and services". That should take care of the hold on the money

Otherwise paypal holds it for 21 days and requires you to confirm having received the 'service' after I mark it down as 'handled'.

info sent to all requested. Thanks a bunches you lot. :wub:

Please make sure to add your DM name in the comments so I know who you are. I'm keeping a list of all donators so I can send you all a thank you (or a refund for those that prefer that, which is utterly and totally ok with me).

we're about 1/3 of the way, so yes I can definately still use some help. Sent you the info on facebook love. Thank you so much!

And thank you to everyone that donated to date. you guys don't know how much I appreciate it. Especially now that I'm coming down with a cold that hasn't decided whether it wants to be a flu or a bronchitis. I was having nightmares that I would have to bunk in my freezing, badly isolated office with a freshly neutered dog and having to get up and dressed by 5am before the cleaning crew gets here.

I wanted to give you all an update as today is the day I move in to the hotel.

You were very generous and together with the people from TVnet 547 euro was raised. A very, véry generous amount. For which I am extremely greatful :wub:

Unfortunately that was about 700 euros short for the two weeks stay but I was working on looking in to finding a second job temporarily to cover for that, though the prospect on that working out weren't that great.

At the 11th hour, however, one of my cousins suddenly noticed my post at facebook and offered to put me up for a few days. Eventhough she is the most unlikely of family members you'd expect it from given that she is living literally at a construction site with 5 cats and 3 dogs. I thankfully took her up on her offer and now I only have to cover for 300 euros for the hotel.

Thank you to all the donaters again! You really saved the day for me. :wub:

Archived