DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] What is your favorite part of the Band?

What is your favorite thing we do here, or have, in the Band? In the next few weeks, the staff will be evaluating some things, but it would be helpful to first have a rough idea of your favorite aspects of the Band. Non-members--you are welcome to post here too, since I know there are some things on this board that non-members enjoy (Beer Club!). Members: this counts as an activity thread for August, and you can claim 1 lottery ticket for participation.

The friendly competitiveness between the regiments (though I wish we had a more balanced number of active members in each)

The Music, travel & Food reviews (though these don't seem at the forefront of the Band)

The members and friendly attitudes many of the fellow band members have.

The light RP for drinking, RA fines and trials, etc...

I do enjoy the monthly discussions but there is only so much we can discuss about a series which has ended without crossing into fanfic or repeating discussions.  Possibly open the monthly discussions to movies, music, other fantasy books, food, etc...

There's a lot more but that is what I thought of at the spur of the moment...

That is all good to know!

My favorite part (cheesy, I know) is the people-- I've been here long enough that not much is the same anymore from when I first joined-- but if discussing an actual component of the Band, I think it is the Regimental Competitions, but especially during months like the Christmas Song version in December that took a lot of work and pre-planning to pull off.

I mainly like the opportunity to keep in touch with the people that matter to me and my roots here at DM. Other than that it's nice to jump in on the casual/social threads for a chat. When I can I enjoy doing the Regimental Comps too. Unfortunately, participation wise I'm not likely to get much more involved for the forseeable future due to time constraints but I'll be around and sticking my nose in as often as I can.

The sense of camaraderie and family. I've been going through a lot the past few months and I haven't been around much but I when I do I know I will see something that will cheer me up. I thank God I have a place to come to for that and for the crazyness of the people of the Band. Thank you all as well.

Archived