DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is the best burger you have ever had?

For a while, I maintained that the Tony Romas in Seoul had the best burgers I had ever tried. Then I tried a local phenomenon... Ranee's, a bar and grill in Oregon City, OR (small grill locally owned by a couple) makes the BEST burger I have ever tried. Ground pork patty, with bacon almost dripping in... I think it was maple syrup, but might have involved honey too, can't remember. There was a party in my mouth, and I can't wait to find a babysitter so we can go back (minors not allowed because of the building code and where alcohol is served).

What is the best burger you have ever tried?

Ooh! What a great topic! Best burger I have ever had was a lamb burger at Via in Worcester, MA. Sadly it has been remived from the menu. It was the juciest, tastiest burger I have ever had. No ketchup or anything. Absolutely delicious.

Well I haven't had a best burger yet but the go to burger stop here in Cali is Super Duper burgers. They are so juicy and greasy and good! There is a burger place in Vegas that has a heart attack burger. I saw a show that was doing best burger joints and it was on the show. The ladies dress up as nurses and they have different burgers with different names. I would like to go try a burger from them.

A lamb burger certainly does sound interesting.

For my burgers, I like the oozing in juice, thick patties, and FULL of toppings. Bacon, mushrooms, bacon, A-1, tomatoes, bacon, cheese, bacon, onion rings, bacon.... (In other words, if I am choosing my favorite burger from a chain rather than any individual burger, it would be Five Guys.)

I've heard of the heart attack burger. Never been to Vegas though... 

Five guys is amazing! I love that you can choose what you want. They have good burgers and the fries are so good too. The Cajun style fries are yummy. Also the hotdogs are good!

I like to get mine "all the way" minus mayo, and with A-1 to the side. (I mix it with ketchup to thicken it up, then pour it on.) My fries have no cajun because I drown them in malt vinegar, as well as mop up the dripping A-1!

Then I get a couple handfuls of peanuts and take them home. :biggrin:

The patty was made with Ground Beef/Sausage/Elk, they mixed Bleu Cheese, and bits of chopped bacon into it with several seasonings and spices. Let it sit over night in the fridge, then grilled it over an open fire. It was served on homemade Sweet onion buns, with a homemade garlic mayo,A1 steaksauce, and dijon Mustard. It was topped with a slice of ham, sauteed Mushrooms and onions, and a slice of grilled pineapple, with swiss cheese.

There's a place stumbling distance from my house that makes something called a Dragon Burger - "Topped with sautéed peppers and onions,

bacon and horseradish sauce." I don't know if it's "the best" burger I've ever had but it's one of those things where every once in a while you get an itch and that's the only way to scratch it.

Actually, say what you want but TGI Fridays has a really good burger too:

"Spicy Craft Beer-Cheese Burger*

Regional craft beer-cheese sauce, freshly sliced jalapeños, breaded fried jalapeños, chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato and house-made guacamole."

As much as I hate to say it; Five Guys is a bit overrated. They are good and I do really like their fries [plus giant boxes of peanuts is pretty sweet] but their burgers are totally marginal. I'd eat either of the above burgers any day of the week and twice on Sundays over a Five Guys burger without batting an eyelash.

What makes Five Guys amazing for me is the "subway" type customization. Judging on the buns and patties alone, yeah, I'll admit they are overrated (though still great), but the toppings brings it closer to the top for me.

But one thing I wish they would include is horseradish.... that one sounds great.

There is also a local (all across the PNW) chain called Sherry's that has a Cowboy Burger. I don't recall all that is on it, but the fried egg is what makes it, though there are a ton of other toppings.

Yeah. We have a couple of places [Cheeseburger in Paradise, Red Robin, etc] that put the fried egg on the burger. It's actually tasty with bacon and cheese. My wife said that in Australia they put beets on their burgers...???

In & Out is delicious for a fast food chain.

Another place that I found recently that I really enjoy is Smash Burger. I went there this past weekend actually and just had their classic with cheese and I absolutely loved it. The burger was cooked really well and had a great grill taste to it, plus I like their super soft egg buns. You can combo it up with their 'Smash fries' which have rosemary and some other stuff on them (I don't remember exactly but it's still tasty). They offer several others if you want variety such as the ever classic "California" which comes with bacon, avocado, and swiss. I just wish they had some truffle fries, that was the one thing I kept thinking to myself as I was chomping into the burger and washing it down with a blonde ale.

There was another place that is closed now (:sad:) called Bangin' Burgers that was just right outside of the base I was stationed at. They had this one burger that came with bacon and, wait for it... peanut butter! It was surprisingly delicious. The creaminess of the peanut butter went really well with the flavor of the bacon and worked just fine as a 'cheese substitute' if there ever was one.

UBurger is like a burger joint with a fast casual vibe so that's kinda cool.  They also have a location right in Kenmore square so it's pretty clutch for getting a bite to eat before the Sox game instead of having to buy multiple $5 hot dogs.

There was another place that is closed now ( :sad:) called Bangin' Burgers that was just right outside of the base I was stationed at. They had this one burger that came with bacon and, wait for it... peanut butter! It was surprisingly delicious. The creaminess of the peanut butter went really well with the flavor of the bacon and worked just fine as a 'cheese substitute' if there ever was one.

Oh my God!  You just reminded me!  Best burger I ever had was in Halifax, Canada at a place called Darrell's where they made THAT peanut butter burger!  There was something spicy on there, too, that I can't remember [maybe jalapeno?].  Oh, and this one had cheddar cheese on it.  But the salt from the bacon and savory from the burger, and the sweet from the peanut butter all mingled together perfectly.  I was a skeptic but man was that good...

Archived