DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Time to grow a beard.

Today was my final day of duty after ten years in the U.S. Army. My discharge is official in a couple days, but I am done, and now I am fully out-processed.

Which means I am now free to not shave! I will keep a grizzled look until my high school ten year reunion next month, but then, watch out world, I am growing a beard!

I will show pics if it grows well! If it doesn't grow well, I reserve the right to shave it in shame and have a perpetual grizzled look while my wife complains that I scratch too much when kissing.

Kind of a weird feeling though... I spent over a third of my life in the Army, so after turning in all my gear, I went through my own personal stuff that was left over-- it felt strange making piles to sell, give away, keep, and throw out. Instead of 4 duffels and a rucksack full of crap, down to 3/4 of a duffel.

My hair will stay short forever! While I hate shaving every day, I also have grown to hate having a full head of hair. It makes my hats not fit right, is WAY too hot in summer, and I have to use shampoo. (Short, I only use shampoo when it gets to an inch, or after swimming. Otherwise, body wash.)

Another factor... I get terrible bed hair in the back. When in high school I fixed that by letting my hair grow out (over my eyebrows, 3/4 over my ears), but I couldn't go back to that because Justin Beiber made that style look stupid since his was kind of similar. That, and I've kind of aged out of that look.

Instead, I'll just be buzzing it down to the first or second clip every few months, with a few actual faded haircuts every now and then to get the neck. 

I also prefer the look where the beard is equal or longer to the head hair.

Archived