DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ren'Shai Space Event: Aliens

WolfbrotherKronos

ancient-aliens.jpg

All throughout the Sci-Fi world we come into contact with many different types of sentient beings.  Some walk on two legs and are very humanoid.  Others may slide on the ground like are worm.  Some look relatively "normal" whereas others are more scary looking.  So here we are - to discuss aliens.

Some starting questions:

1. Do you have a favorite species of alien from any science fiction series?

2. If you were an alien, what kind would you be?

3. What comes to mind when you think of aliens?

I always have the Star Trek Andorians as my favorite aliens. Sky blue skin with antennae are cool. If I were an alien, I would actually b ed a human on someone else's world. (Which would technically still make me an alien there.) And when I think of aliens, I think anything not of this earth. Or just really weird people.

I always have the Star Trek Andorians as my favorite aliens. Sky blue skin with antennae are cool. If I were an alien, I would actually b ed a human on someone else's world. (Which would technically still make me an alien there.) And when I think of aliens, I think anything not of this earth. Or just really weird people.

and that's why Kirk went to star fleet academy.

I do love Andorrans. the antennae wiggle is very cute. but favorite I'd say vulcan cause Spock is *swoon.* smart and funny, so appealing.

I kind of think of the great gazoo

Jetsons right?

I think I would be a chiss...because...well...Thrawn

When I think aliens I think the long faced ones we drew in school during the 90s.

So a little deeper...what do you think of the Roswell incident or the ancient alien theory?

I kind of think of the great gazoo

Jetsons right?

I think I would be a chiss...because...well...Thrawn

When I think aliens I think the long faced ones we drew in school during the 90s.

So a little deeper...what do you think of the Roswell incident or the ancient alien theory?

:biggrin: flintstones!

flintstones_L23.jpg

I think Roswell and the ancient alien theory are equally bogus.

I think we may have microbial ancient and modern alien stuffs hanging around but I doubt anything got here by ship yet.

I think it has to be the Mahendo'sat from CJ Cherryh's Chanur seriers:

Mahendo'sat

Homeworld: Iji

Mahendo'sat (singular mahe) are black or brown primate-like creatures, human-size or larger. They are very curious, innovative and politically oriented. The Mahendo'sat political system is based on the concept of Personage, a charismatic figure with a lot of social credit; a Personage's power is determined by the number of its followers, but a supporter can either weaken or strengthen its Personage, depending on whether its actions in its Personage's name prove to be beneficial or not. To an outsider, this can (and frequently does) look like a Personage's mahen agents are promoting mutually contradictory policies at the same time. Mahendo'sat are idiosyncratically bad at learning other species' languages—many of them can not even master the pidgin used by Compact spacers—although they are quite eloquent in their own numerous languages. Mahendo'sat are the "glue" of the Compact, always trying to maintain the balance of power so peace can be kept and no species dominates. They are in constant search of new powers, recently including humans.

I totally fell in love with two of the main Mahendo characters in the series :)

I'd probably be a Vulcan. I'm very logic-based, and I struggle to relate to most people. They're illogical :P

Nothing specific, though I do tend to assume that if there are alien lifeforms out there, they'll be at least around as intelligent as humans, or more.

Ummm.... Uuuuuuummmmm....... Ummmm....... I hate "favorite" questions

Vulcan purely because I'd want to be able to mind meld :P 

All of the science behind why I think they exist but I find it highly unlikely that they've visited this planet

i dont realy folow any science fiction seriess so no

at first i couldnnt think of any but then i remembered predator is suposed to be alien, and that woulld be awesome to be one - to me seems lik their epitome of warrior-hunter society, so wold be combinaton of honour, brutality, physical skilll and inteiligence, fits wells with me lol

Predator-movie-f01.jpg

the movie 'aliens'...i generaly dont think about aliens so thatts about it

4. what do you think of the Roswell incident or the ancient alien theory? 

i dont really know what eithre of those are, other than rosewell for whatevre reason associated with aliens. i just looked up ancient alien theorry and i guess i have heard of it, thogh not under that name, abuot aliens visting prehistoric humans and helpinng build civilisations or being origin of gods. yeah i think thatts hogwash, undermines and belittless the human imagination and genius in its natural state by basicaly saying that something else is responsiblle for everythin humans have acomplished or are, so esentialy to me its no different fromm conventional religons - insted of saying a god did it, though, its "aliens." as i just said, i dont thinkk much about aliens, it sems to belong to the fancy of moderrn humans so dont realy understand concept, just know they make good film monsters lol. to me there is life in everythinng, even things that modern mind woldnt clasify as alive, so i dont realy understand fascination with speculatin on whethre there is "life" on othre planets, to me its already answeredd since planets and othre celestial bodies themslves are a living entities and spirits from othre worlds are alive in a fashion and i dont think of any of that as "alien".

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived