DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What have you done this summer?

Anyone done anything or gone anywhere interesting this summer? From the typical summer lull in activity, I'm guessing so. Tell us what you have done or are still planning to do!

(And hey, I've got some promotion points and lottery tickets in my pocket waiting to be passed out... feeling creative enough to write a Jak o' the Shadows epic, or take us on a tour through pictures, or anything else creative?)

You southern hemi's confuse the shyte out of me. LOL  i still can't believe it's winter for you while we have 90 degree temps and the same humidity.

Went to Illinois to visit DJ's fam.  That is all I am going to say about that.

I need a beach vacation!!!

WBK, that sounds like an awful summer! I will be in that boat next year when I move...

So far, only notable trip was to my sister who lives at a Bible camp, where we got to see the expensive fireworks shows put on by the rich lakefront neighbors of the camp. Labor Day weekend though, we will visit the city we are moving to next year!

Hmm...went to Atlantic City with my little brother and had quite the weekend.  Saw Sublime while there and they did all their classic songs (even though the lead singer died they have a new one who sounds just like him). 

Went down to Savannah,GA for a work trip that turned out to be pretty epicly fun with all my coworkers. 

Planning on going to North Beach tomorrow for some sun & sand....

^ I love, love, love Sublime!!!  That is awesome to hear.

i have beaches fairly nearby.....

and summer is coming......

Well then I will need to save my pennies for years and take lots of tranqs so I can come visit you during my winter!

Oh, I thought of a couple more things to add:

1. I got out of the Army. (Ok, I'm still technically in for another 7 days and have one day to go in and out-process, but I already have my honorable discharge in-hand)

2. Since I got out of the Army, my schedule is now free to go to my High School 10 year reunion next month!

• 3 weeks later...

Had Mysty visiting for a week. So we did the sightseeing tour and introduced her to haggis! Needless to say I'm still recovering. She managed to break the car and the weather while she was here and I'm pretty sure my ears died at some point. :happy:  I will of course deny ever saying any of this. :blink:

Of course I ate haggis, it's our national dish. More to the point, after everyone telling Myst how dreadful it was bound to be and how they wouldn't eat it, she jumped right in and gave it a shot. End result? She loved it. Like totally. It's like most other things, it has to be made and cooked correctly but when it is... nom nom nom.

Archived