DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bye

csarmi

I'm sorry that you feel you need to leave because of that but it's your decision and I'll respect it.

I, and I'll assume the others, did not vote her to try and upset you but because it was part of the game (Like a Mafia lynch).

I hope you'll reconsider coming back, if not immediately then perhaps after a short break, and please know that you'll always be welcome here.

I'm sorry that you feel you need to leave because of that but it's your decision and I'll respect it.

I, and I'll assume the others, did not vote her to try and upset you but because it was part of the game (Like a Mafia lynch).

I hope you'll reconsider coming back, if not immediately then perhaps after a short break, and please know that you'll always be welcome here.

I'm going to go on the record here and say that I did not hurt Faile to upset you. I voted her because she is, and always has been, my least favorite character in the entire WoT series. I would have tried to get rid of her regardless of how you felt about her., because reading the scenes with her makes me want to step into the book and kill her myself.

Perrin might have remained a well written enjoyable character instead of a doofus Maximus without her and several books of a series I'd loved for years by the point RJ lost the plot might not have been as painful as they were and the increasing time waiting hopelessly for new books where the idiotic plot contrivance of the kidnapping might not represent the years of literary disappointment they do today.

But it's nice someone enjoyed it.

I still argue that Perrin wouldn't have been the character he is without her.

Could she have been different and still helped his progression? Yes. But she is who she is. People are flawed, and so are characters.

Yes the characters are written how the author intends. It is however up to the individual reader to determine if they like the particular character. Faile was always meh to me. With cringe inducing moments where she manipulated perrin "for his own good" supposedly.

If you like her better then fine. You are welcome to your opinion.

Yea I do, which is why I like Faile's storyline. One of the only love stories in the books that actually has some basis (cause otherwise RJ just plain sux at those).

Dude, he does suck, and that showed the most between Perrin and Faile.  The only pairings I think I felt fully satisfied with were

Nynaeve and Lan

Rand and Aviendha

• Community Administrator

Just a quick reminder everyone, it's fine to express your opinion, and it's fine if it differs from someone else's, but there will be no personal attacks within this thread.  You can get your points across without insulting someone or their views.

Please, carry on.

Just a quick reminder everyone, it's fine to express your opinion, and it's fine if it differs from someone else's, but there will be no personal attacks within this thread.  You can get your points across without insulting someone or their views.

Please, carry on.

That wasn't to me right? I try to do this, but I might slip and not realize it.

Also, 4444th post!

Archived