A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TGlems awesome day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aaahhhh, that sort of networking? :tongue:

Yup, that sort :-)

Networking is a wonderful thing... :biggrin:

I networked with a fellow fan of my college football team and ended up with the best job for my current conditions that I could ever have hoped for.

It's awesome when that type of thing works out.

I did two things today on my bike while going on a group ride with a bunch of other sport bikes. 

Thing A)  Awesome.  I hit (according to my speedo) 184mph which is 296kph.  It.  Was.  Nuts.

Thing B) Terrible.  I low-sided.  I was okay and so was my bike, no damage at all except for my my ego was majorly bruised.  Ugh.  Stupid decreasing radius turns.

Super lucky you didn't mix Thing A and Thing B together, right!!

Guessing you had oggy nobs protecting the fairings during Thing B ( I think I remember seeing the outline of one on the OP, but I can't be bothered clicking back to check lol).

The bike rider in me thinks the nuts and awesome speed you achieved in Thing A is scarily awesome. You planning on suiting up as the next ghostrider? ;P

...The paramedic in me is simply horrified. Do you know what happens to your internal organs when you stop suddenly whilst travelling at that speed?? (They shear off the bits and pieces holding them in place - as in your heart etc literally 'jumps out of your chest' and your arteries stretch and snap - and you go super messy messy bye-byes ;P Be safe! ). 

I like the idea of keeping the black and adding dark red details... but purple might work! Or  Have you got pics of the colour your thinking of??

Super lucky you didn't mix Thing A and Thing B together, right!!

Guessing you had oggy nobs protecting the fairings during Thing B ( I think I remember seeing the outline of one on the OP, but I can't be bothered clicking back to check lol).

The bike rider in me thinks the nuts and awesome speed you achieved in Thing A is scarily awesome. You planning on suiting up as the next ghostrider? ;P

...The paramedic in me is simply horrified. Do you know what happens to your internal organs when you stop suddenly whilst travelling at that speed?? (They shear off the bits and pieces holding them in place - as in your heart etc literally 'jumps out of your chest' and your arteries stretch and snap - and you go super messy messy bye-byes ;P Be safe! ). 

I like the idea of keeping the black and adding dark red details... but purple might work! Or  Have you got pics of the colour your thinking of??

Thing A and Thing B def dont' go together!  And yep, I have frame sliders which take the brunt of everything stupid I do to save my bike. 

As for Thing A, I am thinking of heading to the salt flats someday, going cog -1 with a few other performance upgrades and trying to join the 200mph+ club.

Color...no pics, but a very deep, royal purple.  Nothing lavender.

Went on a beautiful night ride through the Great Falls, VA area tonight with a group of 8.  One of the best rides I think I've ever been on.  Perfect pace, perfect weather, beautiful beautiful scenery, and not a single deer jumped out in front of us on the road :-)

• 1 month later...

Today was not an awesome day.  Spent all day at work on a Saturday.  Came out to see somebody had knocked my motorcycle over.  I"m assuming a car hit it even though it was in motorcycle parking.  Mirror broken, foot peg broken in half, body work scraped up, brake lever bent down. 

*sigh*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*Polishes your bike*

All better now?

Same thing happened to a friend last week... but wait - the person who did it WAITED for over half an hour for us to return so they could exchange insurance details etc... See, toldya you're in the wrong country... ;P

Seriously though, hope it's all easily fixed!!

Archived