DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai Redesign!

So anyhow... talking about the hospitality bit and while gathering data for my next hurricane update. Ive decided to modernize the Aes Sedai look as I would like to be seen as. What would you guys and gals do if you could outfit us in your own way?

Update. Scanning my Idea in now. its a three parter! yay

So anyhow. I've made the dress a bit more modern, still modest and sweeping as if to say "Im awesome, and you will respect me. However...we are Women and the dress would now accentuate our..ahem...assets.

The Shawl has also gotten an update. Smaller and more nimble it can become a part of the attire rather than just an in the Tower accent. Most renditions of the shawl have it drape low on the back...like a cape almost. This new shawl will barely touch the middle of your back and is cut in a hard line with a dark accent in your Ajah color. The front of the shawl is held together by a snap clasp, that when together will proudly display the Flame of Tar Valon.

Since my Caddy is the model...also included is my Paralis-net of angreal and ter'angreal. For maximum awesomeness

As far as a divided skirt, I was thinking as greens tend to ride as well. Even though the dress looks very tight, there is clearly a slit at the bottom. This will run from the base of the dress to your waist. It is a non-symmetrical riding dress. I'll have to draw it up in an "open" configuration. NOTE - wear riding pants if the dress is open. Do not reveal your mysteries ladies :P

I can't draw like you can, Caddy, but I luuuuurve playing around on Doll Divine. I quickly made this Yellow (instead of working):

Modern day Yellow doing her rounds at the Healing Center:

Yellowatwork.png

I thought a shawl like thing would be too in-the-way, but that half-skirt could denote that she's a Healer, with the thingummy up top, which can be done in various shades of Yellow, could denote her speciality and rank, depending on its shades.

And heading off for some R&R:

Yellowtoparty.png

Again, there was a drapy type thing that could stand in for a shawl, but it covered that pretty dress. My story is that she's just out for a night on the town, nothing formal, so she's not wearing her "shawl". *nods*

You may need to consider adding a bit extra fabric on the skirt. I did see the slit but as close as the skirt fits, it would be hard to mount, especially from the ground.  Even with my short horse, if I tried to mount with as slim a skirt as that, I'd probably end up ripping it to shreds!

It is a nice look, though! I like it!

:biggrin: *at Elgee*

Wow... the moment i posted that I mentally changed my mind. it wont fully detach but will be capable of being opened so it drapes like a cloak. you will like :)

Those are neat. But they follow pretty much how I read them in the book. Which is to say they look cool. Hehe, I simply was intrigued to see what ppl think an aes sedai would look like in OUR age ^.^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is really making me want to finish some of my Modern Aes Sedai clothing - I have a skirt I'm calling "Amyrlin" that I need to get my butt in gear and sew together. I'll have to share when it's done!

I'd love to see it!

Archived