DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My Insane Day.

Elgee

Hi Ella* :)

Please find attached two accounts. One was generated on the 10th of June, and is an 8 page account which replaces the (estimated) accounts from roughly April 2013. The ... interesting ... thing about this replacement account, is that it's also all ... wait for it ... ESTIMATES! But wait, there's more! These estimates are DIFFERENT from the previous estimates! In fact, on average much LESS than the previous estimates, as the account says you're in credit by R2169.04 (ie have paid way too much).

The municipality, including and up to the Director of Revenue, could not answer my question as to why several man hours and trees were sacrificed for this utterly insane and useless enterprise. In fact, they could not even understand my question. They have, though, launched an investigation as to why estimates were done! I'm just letting them play with themselves now, because it's useless trying to get anywhere with them.

Anyway, they have now sent a second (third?) account, which was generated on the surmise that the 8 page account from the 10th of June contained ACTUAL readings, and the end result of this is that, according to this account, you are R2017.37 in credit (with your "latest" account being R103.30). This is lovely, as on the surface it seems that you will not have to pay services for the next several months (please don't move anywhere in the next year!). We can only hope and trust that this is in fact true, and that they don't change their minds in a few weeks time again.

Hoping that this good news IS in fact good news! lol

Kindest regards
Laura-Gene
Select Letting

An example of the idiocy I have to deal with. Feel free to share your own (true) encounters.

Oh and just to clear matters up - the reason they were doing estimated (water consumption) readings, is because they approved the building of a fence ... on the wrong side of the municipal property line. That meant that they couldn't get access to their own meter to do the reading. After a year of struggling with them (numerous emails and phone calls, all with reference numbers logged on the system), they (the municipality themselves) moved their meter. This, also, was logged on their system. As were my numerous follow up calls and emails to get them to frigging READ THEIR NEW METER!

But, they've now launched an investigation into why readings were not done.

penguin_gifs_20.gif

Yeah ok. Well...I just received a check in the mail, which I quickly deposited in case it was an error, for an account balance that I had in my favor for an account I closed 3 years ago! I will take it, run with it, and they will not see it again!

• 3 months later...

Quiet gus. No party with friend!

Just received this enquiry about one of the properties we're advertising for rent:

Hi, My name is Jeff,Me and my wife looking for a townhouse, We are working in Green World Cape Town Branch. I am a branch manager .we are income R40000/m,But the company will pay rent for us,and we are quiet gus, no somking,no drink,no party with friend! If you have any available house, please contact this number:

sounds like one of those e-mails you get from princesses that have an inheritance they want to give you along with all the lover their heart hold. Just be want 5oo in the cash for to make home on American dirt. You for help me.

ROFLMAO!!

Archived