DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Regimental Book Discussion] Games and Luck

I'm going to open up a whole new definition of the word "games" and mention sports.  But first, Mat would likely be good at any game no matter what due to crazy luck.  With that being said, the games I think he would be worst at are games like...

Basketball (too short), Football (too small), Futbol (too much running), Hockey (physicality), etc. 

In basketball, his luck might help him when he heaves full court running hook shots, but apart from that, the skill, strength and especially size of the other players would quickly leave him outclassed.  Similar thoughts with other sports.

As for games, I'll bet he wouldn't fare very well in a game of spin the bottle when it is just him and 4 trollocs in the circle.

Heh.

Mat's luck was more efficient with things which were completely random. The more order to a game the less his luck would inflience the outcome.

Dice was one of the games Mat excelled at but when he played Thom (or was it Loyal) at stones he had to rely on wits since the luck wasn't as strong.

Even when Mat was in the Tower he had to rely on luck, randomly choosing a direction without even thinking, to get the luck to help him find the exit.

Because of this I feel that Mat would be excelent at games like dice, roulette, battleship, flipping a coin, cards (when the cards are shuffled often), etc...

I believe that his luck while playing chess, checkers or games which involve cunning and strategy would be less and your chances of beating him would be higher in these cases.

Archived