DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Personality Type are You? (Myers Briggs type test)

Cass

Which Myers Briggs type Personality are you?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which Personality Type did you get?

• ISTJ - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    • ESTJ - Extroverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    • ENTJ - Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
    • INTJ - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
    • ESTP - Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perciving
    • ISTP - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perciving
    • ENTP - Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Perciving
    • INTP - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perciving
    • ESFJ - Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging
    • ISFJ - Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
    • ENFJ - Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
    • INFJ - Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
    • ESFP - Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
    • ISFP - Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
    • ENFP - Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
    • INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

What personality type are you??

Chatting with ReleaseTheEvil (new Bander, potential Cav  :tongue: , psychology PhD) has got me re-interested in the Myers Briggs type personality test. 

It basically analyses the way you most commonly experience the world (general attitude and preference in functions of perception and judging) and comes up with one of sixteen combinations between the dichotomies of Extraversion/Introversion (general attitude), Sensing/Intuition (perception), Thinking/Feeling (judging), and Judging/Perception (dominance towards either one).

I've done it a few times over the years and have always found it kind of freakishly accurate.

There's quite a few sites with free versions on the interwebs, but this one and this one are ones I've used recently. The first is better written and requires a you to rate each question on a scale of how strongly you agree/disagree, the second is not so clearly written but simply requires a yes or no.

According to both of them I'm an ENFP - extroverted,  intuitive, feeling, perception-type person. And (characteristically  :tongue:) I'm super curious about all of you, and the differences/similarities we may have in the Band... please play, and post your findings and comments/observations here??

ESTJ_1-199x300.jpgAsk any ESTJ what values are most important to and valuable for any society and you will more than likely hear “order, tradition, and stability.” Forming around 11.5% of the population, people with the ESTJ personality type feel a strong need to belong to something—a family, a community, or some other social group. They like “organizing” other people and making sure they adhere to the traditions or rules put in place by an authority figure.

As Extraverts (E), ESTJ personalities love connecting to other people and playing active roles in traditional, respected organizations. Family values are also very important to ESTJs, and they do their best to nurture and defend them.

People with the ESTJ personality type are very dedicated and responsible. An ESTJ will do everything they can to fulfill their duties and meet their promises. People with this personality type respect and promote a good work ethic and strongly detest cheating or any attempts to cut corners, especially in the workplace. Positions of authority must be earned. Period.

ESTJs are usually strong-willed and not afraid to voice and defend their opinions, even if they are facing formidable opposition. If, for instance, one of their subordinates is incompetent or simply lazy, the ESTJ will not hesitate to show their wrath. ESTJ personalities will stick to their principles, even if everybody turns against them.

As Observant (S) individuals, ESTJs live in the world of clear and verifiable facts. They are honest and direct, living in the present and taking note of everything that is happening around them. ESTJ personalities tend to have a clear vision and understanding of what is acceptable and what is not. This usually makes ESTJs excellent leaders and managers, even though their subordinates may sometimes complain about the resulting inflexibility. ESTJs find it quite easy to develop and improve various action plans; they are able to make even the most complex project look like a walk in the park.

Due to all these traits, ESTJ personalities are excellent “model citizens,” guardians of traditions, and cornerstones of families and communities. They are very reliable and trustworthy, even though the inflexibility shared by all Sentinel types may sometimes hinder their efforts. ESTJs also have a very good sense of what is socially acceptable and always do their best to adhere to that ideal.

If you would like to learn more about the ESTJ personality type and its traits, download the ESTJ In-Depth Profile – a 60+ page guide covering a number of diverse topics. Otherwise, please keep reading

Some famous ESTJs:

• James Monroe, former U.S. president
  • Andrew Jackson, former U.S. president
  • William Henry Harrison, former U.S. president
  • Franklin Pierce, former U.S. president
  • Grover Cleveland, former U.S. president
  • Lyndon B. Johnson, former U.S. president
  • George W. Bush, former U.S. president
  • John D. Rockefeller, business magnate
  • Sonia Sotomayor, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
  • Alec Baldwin, actor
  • Judge Judy, television personality
  • Nancy Grace, journalist
  • “Boromir” from The Lord of the Rings

INFJ

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact. They tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while INFJs can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

INFJ_1-200x300.jpgINFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Really though, it is most important for INFJs to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.

To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

Wikipedia has a good one on this too...

what interesting for is how split I am.

I am solidy NT but wavier on both extremes of E/I and J/P

So either

ENFJ

INFJ

ENFP

INFP

based off of the wiki profiles the one I -want-to to be E/INFJ, though the one I most am (on a daily without thinking about it) is E/INFP.

According to the top link I'm:

INFP

INFJ

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact. They tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while INFJs can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

INFJ_1-200x300.jpgINFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Really though, it is most important for INFJs to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.

To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

Me too. INFJ, I'm surprised how accurate this is. 

i am INTJ it seems that it is Elsa 's personality (from frozen lol)

That's a cool list. Pocahontas though, ugh. But I think the Jak, excuse me  :tongue: , Jack Sparrow one is false. I don't think you can really tell his personality type. I actually think that he is a deeper character than people give him credit for. I think that a lot of the time, who he really is, is masked. Also, he's drunk quite a bit so how can you judge?  :tongue:

I got ISFP.

Forming around 8% of the population, ISFP personalities are generally seen as the most spontaneous and unpredictable of all Introverted (I) types. Only one thing is constant in their lives and that is change—ISFPs love exploring and embracing new things, ideas, and activities. They are very good at sensing such opportunities, but the ISFP personality traits also push them toward experimenting and coming up with ideas that no one has thought of before. ISFPs usually find it easy to set new trends and inspire other people. Their penchant for experimentation is unmatched by any other personality type.

ISFP_1-300x199.jpgThis personality trait is connected with ISFPs’ love of freedom—ISFPs are very independent and fiercely resist all forms of control. People with this personality type are the ultimate “free souls,” seeing nearly all rules, guidelines, and traditions as self-imposed limitations that make life dull and boring. ISFPs live completely in the present, refusing to dwell on the past or prepare extensive plans for the future. They take things as they come, experimenting and adapting their behavior as necessary.

While certain personality types—especially Sentinels (SJ)—would discard such notions as irresponsible and reckless, ISFPs actually do great in areas that require an artistic, independent approach. ISFP personalities also tend to be very charming, mostly because they find it really easy to pick the best compliment for a particular person. ISFPs’ Observant (S) and Feeling (F) traits mean that they are very much in tune with the physical, sensual world. Consequently, ISFPs rarely have difficulties connecting with other people, despite being Introverted (I). Even when the ISFP is being truly unpredictable or even reckless, their charm easily disarms those around them.

That being said, ISFPs also need time to withdraw from social interaction and let their mind rest. This personality trait can often surprise other people who may have believed that ISFPs’ spontaneity and enthusiasm meant that they would always desire to be “in the open.” However, at the end of the day, ISFPs are still Introverted (I) and their inner batteries need some time to recharge. This contributes to the air of unpredictability and mystery that usually surrounds ISFPs. If someone with this personality type is very private, even their closest friends may have difficulties anticipating an ISFP’s thoughts and reactions.

ISFP personalities also tend to be very sensitive to other people’s feelings. They are inclined to seek harmony in all situations and have no difficulties sensing a change in someone’s emotional state. On the other hand, ISFPs can also be incredibly competitive and react very badly to any form of criticism. That competitive nature often pushes ISFPs toward risky activities such as gambling or extreme sports—and they tend to do quite well in those fields, mostly because they are so in touch with the physical environment.

ISFPs often find it very difficult to follow a structured process and consequently may do quite poorly at school. However, their spontaneity and other personality traits make ISFPs very artistic and give them a great sense of aesthetics. People with this personality type may fall behind in the academic environment, but they can truly shine in the field that utilizes their talents while also giving the ISFP a sufficient degree of freedom.

I change during the course of a day. I wake and I’m one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I’m somebody else.

Bob Dylan

Finally, it is worth mentioning that ISFP personalities are very goal-driven and shape their internal principles and rules around those goals. This liberates ISFPs from social expectations and constraints, for better or for worse. If the ISFP’s goal is good and noble, they can be very selfless, amazingly charitable, and inspiring; however, if the ISFP decides to pursue a selfish goal, they can become very egocentric and even conniving, doing everything they can to achieve that goal. People with this personality type should be aware of these tendencies and question their own motives and reasoning from time to time.

"It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive." -- Oriah Mountain Dreamer

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, ENFPs are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that ENFPs comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

ENFPMore than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat (NF) cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning. This personality type is fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom.

Many other types are likely to find these qualities irresistible, and if the ENFP has found a cause that sparks their imagination, they will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru – but this isn't always where independence-loving ENFP wants to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by administrative tasks and routine maintenance in their new position. ENFPs' self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative – they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.

Luckily, ENFPs know how to relax, and they are perfectly capable of switching from a passionate, driven idealist in the workplace to that imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even their closest friends. Being in the mix also gives them a chance to connect emotionally with others, giving them cherished insight into what motivates their friends and colleagues. ENFPs believe that everyone should take the time to recognize and express their feelings, and their empathy and sociability make that a natural conversation topic.

The ENFP personality type needs to be careful, however – if they rely too much on their intuition, assume or anticipate too much about a friend's motivations, they can misread the signals and frustrate plans that a more straightforward approach would have made simple. This kind of social stress is the bugbear that keeps harmony-focused Diplomats awake at night. ENFPs are very emotional and sensitive, and when they step on someone's toes, they both feel it.

ENFPs will spend a lot of time exploring social relationships, feelings and ideas before they find something that really rings true. But when they finally do find their place in the world, their imagination, empathy and courage are likely to produce incredible results.

Archived