DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Midsummer Festival: The Sunny Summer Picnic Post

KassidyRose DaiShan

Welcome  To The Gray Ajah's Midsummer Festival :  The Sunny Summer Picnic Post 

It's  that  time of year again  where  the Gray Ajah  has the  midsummer festival , please come join us in a little spammy thread  and post what you like to eat or anything  about picnics! 

banner_zps91e39026.gif.

my favorite picnics were the ones when we would skip out of school, go to the deli on the corner fir cheeses and crackers and sammiches, and hang out noshing in Central Park till it was time to go home. sometimes there would be concerts and sometimes people doing little shows.

such good food, too, but it wasn't what was best about it.

My favorite picnics were when my husband and I would go watch "Shakespeare in the Park." We would have a baguette, smoked cheese, Brie, melon, pastries and wine coolers/flavored waters.

• Community Administrator

It's been forever since I've been in a picnic! It was back when my husband and I were still dating--and we've been married nine years...

In all honesty, I hate eating outside because I'm afraid bugs will get into my food... :(

It's been forever since I've been in a picnic! It was back when my husband and I were still dating--and we've been married nine years...

In all honesty, I hate eating outside because I'm afraid bugs will get into my food... :(

same here i HATE the bugs... fortunately we don't encounter many of them in the park near the house.

but would i see a spider or an ant, i'd scream and run away lol

Why not set up a picnic inside?

I haven't been on a picnic in forever! I will have to change that in October when Amarande and I are in Florida!

Good posting everyone! I need coffee

Last impromptu picnic I had involved a picnic table with yummy sandwiches and chips. Last picnic that involved a blanket and sitting on the ground was down in Georgia. I prefer the table lol. Less bugs crawling on you. 

the kids love a good picnic, they have pretend ones all the time with play food and dishes, but the last real picnic i had was when my 10 yr old was like 4, that's way too long!!  I think we shall plan to have a nice picnic this summer =))

• Community Administrator

Why not set up a picnic inside?

I haven't been on a picnic in forever! I will have to change that in October when Amarande and I are in Florida!

Good posting everyone! I need coffee

That is such a cute idea, Kassidy! I think I'll surprise my husband with that next time he comes home later than I do! We could have sandwiches and other picnic foods! Now I'm so excited!

Of course, we'll have to lock the dogs in the kitchen and listen to their whining through dinner. They are spoiled rotten and can't stand to be left out.

My favorite picnics were when my husband and I would go watch "Shakespeare in the Park." We would have a baguette, smoked cheese, Brie, melon, pastries and wine coolers/flavored waters.

Ry, that sounds amazing!

I hate bugs too, especially in my food!  So I'd either have to eat like as soon as we laid the blanket down on the ground, or else have a table *nods*.  

Kassidy, what about cheese and crackers and grapes?

Hah! Bugs XD Try living in Australia, then you can complain about the bugs XD

No, really they don't bother us too much. Our picnics here are basically BBQs, so we almost always have potato salad and this amazing dip my mum makes out of refried beans, avocado and sour cream. I call it the yummy dip and she knows exactly what I mean. And I eat sooooo much of it.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I could live on cheese, crackers and grapes...so perfect. Blue cheese is my favourite type of cheese except feta, but you can't really have feta on crackers. Brie and camembert and gouda and really old, bitey cheddar are all amazing as well though. I really want cheese now XD

Archived