DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chat Thread - Official BotRH Beer Club

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made it to Delirium when I was in Brussels but unfortunately I appreciated beer then nowhere near as much as I do now.  I might cream my pants if I stepped foot back in there now.

Yesssss. I've never heard of Stillwater but Evil Twin is also good. Did you know that Evil Twin is actually Mikkeller's brother? Apparently the two can't stand each other and never talk though I'm not sure if that is just them being clever with their marketing. Mikkeller is more Europe based though he's moving into the USA more and more, Evil Twin is the opposite.

Yeah Jeppe is a great brewer I don't think he's quite on par with his brother yet.  Mikkell is moving in the direction of food and how certain flavors pair with certain beers and he's experimenting with ingredients in beer trying to find perfect matches.  It's really fascinating and I'd love to make it to one of his restaurants sometime soon.  If you're interested there's a really interesting article here: https://munchies.vice.com/articles/the-walter-white-of-beer/

So this is the selection in my fridge for Midsummer this weekend:

2014-06-19133829_zps3107ac33.jpg

Haven't had any of those and I only recognize two.  We carry the Brewdog and Oppigards at the bottle shop I work at, so I'll have to try them at some point soon.

Ok, I have not heard of any of those beers Barm.  Can I come over and will you share?  *g* 

Tried another new beer...of course not on the list.

Moosbacher: Schwarze Weisse (dark wheat)  Fantabulous!  So carmally (not a real word), rich and flavorful.  It looked so heavy, but was quite light on the tongue.  Definitely has a head, 5% alcohol. 

So on Tuesday I went to a local microbrewery and got a private tour with the guy who owns the place. It was a lot of fun and I learned some cool stuff about the brewing process. Also the place smelled amazing, when I commented on it we found out he had a bucket of hops sitting out that was causing the whole place to smell like that.

I made it to Delirium when I was in Brussels but unfortunately I appreciated beer then nowhere near as much as I do now.  I might cream my pants if I stepped foot back in there now.

Ooooh, I am going to Belgium next year, definitely hitting up Brussels now.

Yeah Jeppe is a great brewer I don't think he's quite on par with his brother yet.  Mikkell is moving in the direction of food and how certain flavors pair with certain beers and he's experimenting with ingredients in beer trying to find perfect matches.  It's really fascinating and I'd love to make it to one of his restaurants sometime soon.  If you're interested there's a really interesting article here: https://munchies.vice.com/articles/the-walter-white-of-beer/

Awesome article, hadn't seen it before and I've been reading as much on flying brewers as I can in the last while.

Haven't had any of those and I only recognize two.  We carry the Brewdog and Oppigards at the bottle shop I work at, so I'll have to try them at some point soon.

Brewdog has one in Sweden called Trashy Blonde, apparently they only make it here anymore because swedes really love it, but it doesn't sell elsewhere.

Ok, I have not heard of any of those beers Barm.  Can I come over and will you share?  *g*

Sure thing, we got a bunch of good ones here.

Ah, dangit, if only I'd seen this thread last week when the Bergkirchweih was still going! That's the local beer annual German festival, one of the biggest and most famous in Bavaria (but not quiiite as big as Oktoberfest ;) eeeevery place has one throughout the season, even the small villages.

Anyhoo, I drank so much beer >.< the irony of this is that I don't even like beer itself, I much prefer to drink it as a Radler :tongue: (lemonade-beer mix, and i gitta admit I get horrendously drunk off that already :laugh: )

But yah, the brews were all of local/franconian origin, Kitzmann, Tucher, to name a few.

Anyhow, PROST!

IMG_20140606_065554_zps100584f8.jpg

IMG-20140607-WA0002_zpsd0d83a51.jpg

IMG_1861997175957_zps7afef37e.jpg

So I put a bottle of my homebrew in the fridge today to test it during dinner and it turned out to be perfectly carbonated. Means I just had my first fully finished bottle of beer I brewed myself. Was super delicious, I'd tasted it before and it was good, but the carbonation process definitely made it better. I say summer stout because the recipe called it that but it is actually a brown ale that is very sweet with lots of caramel flavour and is super light on the tongue. Great for summer time. Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing for labels.

Archived