DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ditching Kate Beckinsale

Verbal32

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barm left the back door open again. 

I'm fairly confident I took this in a direction other than the one intended.

I thought American Hustle was a pretty big let down honestly ("twist" ending was meh), but JLaw's performance was amazing. She made you absolutely HATE her character. Deserved her Oscar.

You crazy!  I loved that movie - there were so many good actors/actresses.

Also, I really like Amy Adams.  Because, redhead.  ;-)

I thought American Hustle was a pretty big let down honestly ("twist" ending was meh), but JLaw's performance was amazing. She made you absolutely HATE her character. Deserved her Oscar.

You crazy! I loved that movie - there were so many good actors/actresses.

Also, I really like Amy Adams. Because, redhead. ;-)

Not a fan of redheads :wacko:

It was def a good- no GREAT cast- and great acting as well. The story itself was too weak tho, imo. Not enough actual meat- plenty of sizzle but not enough actual substance.

After all, it was sort of a caper flick. Bunch of con people, pulling off a big con.... yet the con ended up being fairly simple.

It's not like they had much to work with, anyway. The story it was based on wasn't really that extraordinary. Mebbe I'm disappointed they didn't add enough with the ol artistic license.

Funny how Hollywood chooses what rl stories to take to the big screen, and then which details they change/don't change. Like in Public Enemies, they make Deppillinger's escape actually LESS impressive at the end for some strange reason (in movie he fools 3 guards with a wooden gun, in actuality it was like over a dozen guards)

/shrug

I thought the acting was pretty mediocre - Bale had some good scenes, impressed with Jeremy Renner, and Bradley Cooper doesn't have to try hard to make me believe he's a douchebag. Jennifer Lawrence was fine but he accent was nearly unbearable.

You crazy! I loved that movie - there were so many good actors/actresses.

Also, I really like Amy Adams. Because, redhead. ;-)

Not a fan of redheads :wacko:

It was def a good- no GREAT cast- and great acting as well. The story itself was too weak tho, imo. Not enough actual meat- plenty of sizzle but not enough actual substance.

After all, it was sort of a caper flick. Bunch of con people, pulling off a big con.... yet the con ended up being fairly simple.

It's not like they had much to work with, anyway. The story it was based on wasn't really that extraordinary. Mebbe I'm disappointed they didn't add enough with the ol artistic license.

Funny how Hollywood chooses what rl stories to take to the big screen, and then which details they change/don't change. Like in Public Enemies, they make Deppillinger's escape actually LESS impressive at the end for some strange reason (in movie he fools 3 guards with a wooden gun, in actuality it was like over a dozen guards)

/shrug

I agree that the actual story was weak....but to me, the acting more than made up for it.  IMO they were amazing.

I thought the acting was pretty mediocre - Bale had some good scenes, impressed with Jeremy Renner, and Bradley Cooper doesn't have to try hard to make me believe he's a douchebag. Jennifer Lawrence was fine but he accent was nearly unbearable.

I hate your face.

I agree that the actual story was weak....but to me, the acting more than made up for it.  IMO they were amazing.

It's not that I disliked the movie overall, I was just disappointed. It was built up to be such an amazing flick, and I was kinda meh afterwards, even tho I def appreciated the great acting. Even De Niro showed up in a pretty awesome cameo.

It's kinda like in this case, the movie was actually less than the sum of it's parts- brilliant cast and great acting performances, but altogether it fell short of movies that have less famous casts.

This IS coming from a guy who's favorite recent movie he saw in theaters was Frozen however lol. Wait.... should I have even admitted that in SG?

:unsure:

I think Des might be color blind.

Nyn

Could be, cause the only colors I care about are Black, White, and Silver!

san-antonio-spurs__400x3001-1ywyoz2.jpg

:wub:

Archived