DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Pattern as seen from a whole (ITS BIG)

Heronz

So... I made this infographic on the all whole of the Wheel of Time series... and I would've placed it in the fan art section, but i cannot create a new thread, so here it stays.

anyway to read it. One has to look at the color to see the representation of a certain character, and from there one can see what precentage that character was in which book. so for the dark blue which represents Moiraine, she is clearly the majority POV in the New Spring book which gives her first billings. The second thing to note is how New Spring is much smaller compared to the rest of the graph. The sizing of each section was reduced a certain percentage according to Lord of Chaos which is has the highest word count of any book, and therefore is considered 100%.

I think thats all one needs to know to enjoy and analyse this graph.

Edit: changes LOC as base for % reduction for other books versus FoH

The sizing of each section was reduced a certain percentage according to The Fires of Heaven which is has the highest word count of any book, and therefore is considered 100%.

Actually, Fires of Heaven is the third longest, after TSR and Loc.

The sizing of each section was reduced a certain percentage according to The Fires of Heaven which is has the highest word count of any book, and therefore is considered 100%.

Actually, Fires of Heaven is the third longest, after TSR and Loc.

YES you are right. but it is accurate, as what i wrote was a typo. LoC =1, TSR=97.5% reduction, and FoH is 87.5% reduction.

And i will adjust for Matt and Perrin's POV. thanks for all the feedback!

Wot-PartData.png

*updated to remove the POVs that werent in the books. These include no matts in books 1,2,8,  No Nyn in books 8, 10, No Perrin in book5, and other small tweeks.

this is probably be my last edit unless there is something glaring. cheers!

The colors that start with "Misc"; some POV characters could fall under 2 or more of those.

And there have been some POV characters that seem to not fall under any of those categories.

• 2 months later...

That is a very fascinating graph. Thanks for taking the time for creating and posting it.

What I would also be interested in seeing, is the percentages of these characters in the books along with a final grand total for the series.

Wot.wikia did something similar, but never finished it. Does anybody know if this information exists somewhere?

Archived