DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Songs that speak.

So I do not know about the rest of y'all. But I have songs, that everytime I hear them. Remind me of people I care about, that tell me memories of loved ones. Stories of times with them, that I will always cherish.

Songs that tell of my love for others, and how I feel. This is one such song, its a song that reminds me of one of my closest friends. Someone I care for deeply, and it always shall.

Now I invite you to share your own songs, songs that do these very things for you.

This song is beautiful and I definitely have songs like that, some bring me back to a particular night, a road trip, or even a run. Some are of course sad too but mostly only happy memories.

• 2 weeks later...

This one. <3

And I know it's originally by Elton John, I just like this version better cos it's so expressive <3 Also, I love loads of other Ellie Goulding songs. She hs this heartfelt breathyness to her music and wild, fresh lyrics that really brings out emotion and I feel like you can relate to the lyrics in a lot of different scenarios and songs like these just ...suit what my feels are going through these days. She just gets me :p

This song has been really important to me... The first time I heard it, I was at a point in life where I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere and couldn't see much of a point in trying, and the lyrics hit me like a hammer in the face. Everybody's gotta end up somewhere; I'm just taking my time to get there...

• 2 weeks later...

The link won't post for some reason so I will just post the lyrics.

C.S Lewis Song by Brooke Fraser

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,

I can only conclude that I was not made for here

If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,

Then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

Speak to me in the light of the dawn

Mercy comes with the morning

I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just less found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?

Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?

Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numb

And avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

Speak to me in the light of the dawn

Mercy comes with the morning

I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

For we, we are not long here

Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it

And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you

Hope is coming for me

Hope, it's coming

This song has never been the same after my grandmother died.  I drove my dad back to Michigan so he could be by her in hospice and it was hard watching him crumble as he saw her in a medically induced coma.  I hadn't really dealt with her death in a productive way.  I didn't cry, I didn't grieve, I was just numb.  I was hurting, I guess, but it was all under the surface.  Anyway, this song came on a few months after and that was it.  It was over.  Everything burst loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGIii_eTOk

I'm so lame, crying to The Smiths.  I'm getting those feels right now.  :(

I want a hug.

• 1 month later...

Archived