DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 4 (Spoiler Free Edition)

SinisterDeath

• 3 weeks later...

The thing I dont like about Daario being recast is the new chap is so unlike the original bloke-different hair style AND color, has a beard, doesnt even speak like the original. It was a good job Grey Worm pointed out who the new Daario was otherwise I would have missed it.

Havent read the books, but I have a theory that John is going to kill Tywin

Ayra and the Hound have been my favorite plot of the series so far aswell. I am really eager to see how they continue the story with them. Both of them are just slightly crazy and evil (I think due to the circumstances that they are in and have been in ) so they are a great fit together. Comedy, killing, and highjinks. So what is not to like.

Okay, so I'm just going to start posts with a list of highlights of what I liked/didn't like in the episodes so far this season. 

Episode 1 - Two Swords

- My absolute favorite part was with Arya and Hound at the end when the meet Polliver. The dialogue over the chickens and then the fight scene with Hound was awesome. I also liked to see that Arya got in her vengeance and was able to get Needle back. I loved how she rode off with her pony and he rode off with his chicken. 

- Prince Oberyn with the Lannisters aren't the only ones to repay debts. Hehehe He's going to be one to watch this season

- Dany and her dragons. Also, a reminder that they are wild animals.

- The convo between Jamie and Brienne 

Dislikes

- I was a bit upset seeing Ice reforged into two swords. 

- Joffrey was even more of an @sshat than before, almost as if he's completely lost his mind. 

- How Tywin tried to send away Jamie because he lost his hand while captured. 

- The new Daario, the change was so drastic it was hard to picture he was the same person. 

- The cannibalistic wildlings. 

Episode 2 - The Lion and the Rose (more to be added) 

- Best part of the episode - Oh thank the gods, that @ss hat is finally dead!!!! I don't think I've been so thrilled over a character's death in like ever. I love how Margaery just sort of stands there while he's dying. He was completely horrid this episode with destroying the book and getting the sword from his grandfather. Then the whole wedding reception. Ick. 

- Sansa's and Tyrion's interactions during the reception. 

Dislikes

- Bolton, Ramsay and Locke going after the Stark boys. I really wanted Theon to cut Ramsay's throat there. 

- Joffrey getting one of the Valyrian swords and he named it Widow's wail. Tool 

- Joffrey, until he gets his comeuppance. The wedding reception was just completely painful to watch. Especially the reenactment. 

What did you think of Episode 3?  Jaime and Cersei was very creepy.

It was, and I feel whatever sort of character development/redemption we were getting from Jamie took a few steps back. He's way better off not hanging around his sister. 

I did like the episode overall and I'll get around to posting some more on it soon. I want to rewatch for a couple of points. 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest episode was awesome!

Trial by combat!!!!!!! Who do we think will be fighting? Ive got a feeling it'll be Jamie vs Bron

just out of curiosity ...  why those two?  i mean Bron is a competent swordsmen and given the last trial by combat, so i get why you'd choose him ...   but why Jamie?  

i mean, we've seen him practicing with Bron, and he's not exactly handi-capable if you catch my drift.  neither side would pick him to be their champion in his current state, even without knowing how incapable he is at fighting right now.

Cersie wouldn't choose him ...  because well you've seen how much trust she puts in him to protect Toman, i doubt she'd put her trust in him to not let Tyrion walk.

Tyrion's not so niave to not realize that without his sword hand, his brother aint much of a fighter.

Latest episode was awesome!

Trial by combat!!!!!!! Who do we think will be fighting? Ive got a feeling it'll be Jamie vs Bron

just out of curiosity ...  why those two?  i mean Bron is a competent swordsmen and given the last trial by combat, so i get why you'd choose him ...   but why Jamie?  

i mean, we've seen him practicing with Bron, and he's not exactly handi-capable if you catch my drift.  neither side would pick him to be their champion in his current state, even without knowing how incapable he is at fighting right now.

Cersie wouldn't choose him ...  because well you've seen how much trust she puts in him to protect Toman, i doubt she'd put her trust in him to not let Tyrion walk.

Tyrion's not so niave to not realize that without his sword hand, his brother aint much of a fighter.

My theory is that Tyrion will pick Jamie, thinking hes the only person to hand (yay for puns) and then out of sheer genius, Tywin picks Bron, because hes the only other person Tyrion could have trusted.

Really I just see it as the most brutal matchup from Tyrions PoV so whoever wins, Tyrion loses something, which seems the kind of thing George would do to his characters.

Archived