DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 4 [Spoilers]

Red2111

T minus 1 week and 2 days until the season premier

that spoiler tag means we WILL be discussing the books in this thread.  so if you dont want books spoilers the GTFO cause this aint the thread for you.

until the show starts, let the battle of the memes begin  *grins*

wars-vs-thrones-i-kissed-my-sister-once1

you-know-you-amp-039-re-a-game-of-throne

there-are-villains-that-you-just-cant-ha

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this season we will start seeing a harder arya.

Jon please grow up. The emo self pity is getting annoying.

Sansa should start learning how to play the game.

Think they'll have to fast foward some of brans scenes. Also they might write some scenes in for rickon.

We've got the duel to look forward to and can't wait to see fans reactions to the purple wedding.

Think this will be slightly different from the books (or at least a couple of scenes from later books might be brought forward).

Can't wait.

well theres a few things i'm worried about canon wise.

Gendery is a big concern for me.  in the books hes still alive but in the show they've merged his line with Edric Strom and that one got killed by the Red lady (via sacrifice).  i dont want to see HBO trying to influence Martin on how to deal with characters arcs in the books tbh and if the producers of the show got word from Martin that Gendery is one of the characters slated to be axed, i dont want them spoiling it for us book readers either.

Edric Storm didn't die in the books, though. Davos had him smuggled off of Dragonstone to save him - the merge with Gendry on the show probably means that neither of them die in the future in the books. Neither of them is likely to have a major impact on the main character storylines in the future, or if one of them does, the show runners will find a way to merge Gendry back into the right place, or have another character serve the role.

• 2 weeks later...

A promising start!  Mostly a catchup of the situation with several of our characters, but we get the introduction to Oberyn and Ellaria, as well as the Magnar of Thenn and his band (and sheesh are they creepy), Sansa meets Dontos for the first time in the godswood, and Arya gets Needle back.

my only complaint was that it wasn't long enough.

i thought that was the Red Viper but i couldn't recall the character name, just his nick name.   i didn't realize he was bi-sexual though  o.0  or is HBO just making that up to replace the Loras/Renly connection??  his character is pefectly cocky and snarky though ^_^

Tyrion is ... really subdue'd in his demeanor and attitude ...  its wierd to see this change in his character without the interal diologue.  i think HBO has him a little more subued than what he should be, considering how he gets when he flees across the sea and enslaved.  the added scene with shay was meh, but un-needed imo.

the bit between Arya and the Hound was my fav part tbh, i love her character progression so far (though she seemed to enjoy killing a bit moe in the show than i recall in the books).

<3 Jamie  :wub:  him and bernie make a cute couple *nods*  

i have to say, top notch to HBO for reminding people about Donto's back story in the recap before the episode started ^_^  Sansa character still annoys me.   i loved the snarky little response from Margeriy about the sparrow head necklace.  in the books, you really couldn't tell were the Roses stood when it came to the marriage of her and Joffery, Martin imo never developed her character.  so i love how HBO is taking hte time to develope it so that the events of the Purple Wedding next episode dont come as a shock. 

i just wonder if they'll show the old lady taking the stone from Sansa's hair net and putting it in his pie (or was it the goblet Loras gave him, i can never recall where she put it)

Jon's appearnce at the board was spot on.   i didn't recall the band of creepy wildings, but their leader is six skins right?

i cried when they re-forged Ice, well i didn't ball but i teared up on it.   i thought the reforged blade had a rose color to it though?

the bit with the dragons.  i love how their showing them becomming agressive, and Drogon snapping at Danny was perfect considering what happens.  i had totally forgotten about the bodys being used as mile markers.  one of my fav scenes happens when she gets to the third city, where the dude goes and takes a crap in front of the gate to give the slavers insult.  i hope HBO includes it  XD

so ... the only characters we didn't get a catch up on are Stannis and his lot, Reek, Bran & co and Asha

Finished watching it. Liked it very much. The scene with Shae and Tyrion was good, showing her starting to turn away from him. Really loving Jaime. Why did they switch Daario? Hilarious moment when Lady Olenna saw Brienne XD And watching Brienne and Margaery together. And that camera switch from the hideous statue of Joffrey to Joffrey himself, haha! I did like this episode very much, but ooooh I'm looking so much forward to the next one... :biggrin:

i thought that was the Red Viper but i couldn't recall the character name, just his nick name.   i didn't realize he was bi-sexual though  o.0  or is HBO just making that up to replace the Loras/Renly connection??  his character is pefectly cocky and snarky though ^_^

Red Viper = Oberyn Martell

And yes, he's bi in the books.  His lust for blood and flesh know no bounds.

see i've only read the series once (though i started a re-read of the series and got half way through book 1 before school kicked in).

i didn't catch Martins non-obvious mentions of sexual preferance in the series.  totally missed the Loras/Renly thing, though i noticed it a lot in the bit of the re-read i did get done.  they never come right out and say it, but the hints are there and obvious when you are aware of what to look for  XD

I don't like how they're setting up Shae.

Thought the ending with Arya was well done but IIRC this scene is replacing her murder of the Tickler in which case I'm disappointed because those lines with her stabbing him over and over would have been much more powerful than the quick poke in the neck for Polliver. Or maybe that's upcoming and she killed them both? IDK I hope so though.

Loved the last scene as I like how it showed the death of the old Arya so to speak, although we can argue that did happen a little bit ago. Was well done.

I spend most of the time in episodes thinking "Is this how it plays out in the books"?

Slowly starting a re-read though :wink:

i dont think twyin was always using Shay.  remember what happened to the whore that Tywin thought Tyrion was screwing in Kingslanding?

imo, i think Shay felt betrayed by Tyrion and went to his father to spite him and to keep her claws into a powerful man in hopes of one day sleeping her way out of being a whore and into being a lady of some estate  (think Emeress Wu in the Tang Dynasty for China)

i dont think twyin was always using Shay.  remember what happened to the whore that Tywin thought Tyrion was screwing in Kingslanding?

Pretty sure that was Cersei who thought he was screwing Alayaya - unless you're thinking of a different part of the story I've forgotten.

Song - it may have been Cersi that assumed it, but i'm betting that she ran to Tywin to tell him, considering that Tywin instructed Tryion to keep his hands off of whores while he was in Kings Landing.

And i'm rather postative tht once Tywin learned abotu it, he told Cersi to handle the situation in the best way that she saw fit.

Archived