Welcome to the band Jak!

Davrick

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*mouth drops open*

*remembers he is not a codfish*

*accepts drinks gratefully*

Thanks for the kind words everyone (and the drinks) you guys are amazing! 

As for bananas, i think I might have heard somewhere that you should always bring a banana to party or some-such. But then again I am not a shadowspawn expert. Does eating them count as opposing the shadow?

My favorite books have got to be the LotR and WoT books. But some honorable mentions would be; Prince and the Pauper, The Elenium, The Tamuli, the Harry Potter books, the How To Train Your Dragon series, The Bone books, The Blue Hills, and The Best Things In Life by Peter Kreeft. 

At this moment in time, my favorite movie might be Dark Knight. 

As for actors, I'm a big fan of authentic tough guys; John Wayne, Christian Bale, Russel Crow ect. The more old style manly guys. 

A bit about me; I love archery, fencing and writing and directing short films and videos. I've also recently gotten into audio drama, podcasting and playing the violin. Really, I'm an arts and sports guy. Math and science and stuff, not my forte. 

I'm really glad to be here! Thanks everyone! 

Hey Dawn, where does the banana hate come from? Remember, all good stories start with 'so there i was' or 'it was a dark and stormy night' or something of that nature. :P

*throws the peach pit that missed Harry and hit me back at Chaelca* :P

Thats awesome! LotR is my second favourite series and Russel Crowe is one of my favourites too! My top 10 movies include his Robin Hood and Gladiador.

It is quite a crazy atmosphere in here innit... :blink:

MAT???? ARE YOU A DARKFRIEND?

DAWN!!! no... :smile:

Thats awesome! LotR is my second favourite series and Russel Crowe is one of my favourites too! My top 10 movies include his Robin Hood and Gladiador.

It is quite a crazy atmosphere in here innit... :blink:

MAT???? ARE YOU A DARKFRIEND?

DAWN!!! no... :smile:

I know you are...

Also, eating a banana gives you dark power, and turns you into a darkfriend. (The Forsaken are all banana addicts)

*dodges the pit thrown by Jack and decides to shoot him on the forehead with a suction cup arrow*

Jak, it seems that u have awesome tastes. The Dark Knight was a great movie ! It may not be my favorite but I really enjoyed watching it. 

and a word of advice

don't mention bananas :tongue:

Seems to me like you would fit right in Jak. A hearty welcome and *hands a sparkling flaming shot* CHEERS! :biggrin:

^

*Agrees*

Hi Jak!              WELCOME TO THE BAND!!!!

I'm glad you're happy to be here - we're happy to have you!!

I'm Eb :) Cavalry Page and resident Red-Arm (watch those rules!)

What brings you this (BotRH) side of the boards, other than the obvious (love of archery [please don't join the archers, we Cav and the Infantry need recruits too!], fencing, films, drama, violin)?.

If it's your love of sports, I feel obligated to let you know that the Cav has a big sports-following percentage of members too y'know? (Just sayin'... )  :wink:  What sort of sports are you into?

*mouth drops open*

*remembers he is not a codfish*

*accepts drinks gratefully*

My favorite books have got to be the LotR and WoT books. But some honorable mentions would be; Prince and the Pauper, The Elenium, The Tamuli, the Harry Potter books, the How To Train Your Dragon series, The Bone books, The Blue Hills, and The Best Things In Life by Peter Kreeft. 

A bit about me; I love archery, fencing and writing and directing short films and videos. I've also recently gotten into audio drama, podcasting and playing the violin. Really, I'm an arts and sports guy. Math and science and stuff, not my forte. 

1 Is that a Mary Poppins quote i hear? I hope so!!

2  An Eddings fan!!! Awesome!!! Fav knight?  me im a Kalten or Ulath fan.  Tho Talen really rules everything

3  HEADDESK   not another one!!   I need a Bandy or 12....

*Removes arrow from forehead*

*fires it back in a band-regulation crossbow* (You know, the one with the awesome crank.)

Yeah, that was a Mary Poppins quote. Those old Disney classics (treasure Island, Kidd-napped, 20000 Leagues Under The Sea, Mary Poppins ect.) were my childhood.

My favorite knights would be Sparhawk (of course), Kalten, Bevier and Ulath. Though you're right; Talen rules. My favorite things about those books were the way the characters interacted with one another. Their relationships were amazing to read.   

Well, generally she throws peaches at them... *hides behind the Sarm*

my secret is revealed !

Edding is very good (i have read the Elenium, the Tamuli, and some of his other books) but I have abandonned him after i discovered Martin happy:

reaches back, grabs the little kiwi and throws him towards Chaelca

i was a little meh on bevier over all.  There are certain parts of the books that ALWAYS make me lol outloud no matter how many times i read it. like "But Thparkhawk you knowth howth satin spoth when wet"

Oh, and Jak.. you get punished if you break any rules, something like this:

8123848354F53892B5E4981B703C8D.jpg

"I must not attempt or become a willing accomplice in the drowning of Senior Officers  - not even to determine whether or not they are really darkfriends."

"I must not attempt or become a willing accomplice in the drowning of Senior Officers  - not even to determine whether or not they are really darkfriends."

But sometimes there's a good reason to break them. A really good one.

cover.gif

Archived