DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Had Robert Jordan lived what stories within the WoT universe would you had liked to read?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have really wanted to read about the 20 years when Moiraine and Lan were searching for Rand.

That we have. It`s called New Spring. Also known as the first prequel. The other two would have been about Tam finding Rand and abou Moiraine finding Rand.

The Travels of Jain Farstrider. Write it, print it, bind it, watch it fly off shelves. A no brainer and my favorite idea.

Asha'man special forces/death squad hunt down remaining Dreadlords. Think Zero Dark Thirty or The Debt set in Randland. Maybe Narishma could head them up.

Shara. With the Aiel Waste opened up and contact reestablished, we have a new culture and society to explore, which is one of my favorite aspects of the series. Maybe a Brown with an Asha'man warder travels there to study their culture and gets into all sorts of adventures. Or Valan Luca goes to procure more boar horses  :wink: .

Leilwin and Domon shipwrecked on the Land of The Madmen

Shara. With the Aiel Waste opened up and contact reestablished, we have a new culture and society to explore, which is one of my favorite aspects of the series. Maybe a Brown with an Asha'man warder travels there to study their culture and gets into all sorts of adventures. Or Valan Luca goes to procure more boar horses   :wink: .

Oh yeah, a Valan Luca book.  That would be a top seller  :rolleyes:

But truth be told a Shara book would be interesting.  I'd kind of like to see a book/series about Demandred's rise to power in Shara.  Particularly I'd like to know more about to prophecies of Boa the Wild and how Demandred manipulated them to convince the Sharans he was their savior.

There is the river of souls that BS made, part of the unfettered book I believe.  I haven't read it yet because I didn't want to buy the whol book for just one section but it is about Dem in Shara.  BS wrote it to put in AMOL but took it out.

Mat and Fortuona definitely; not just the Re-consolidation of Seanchan but a story that develops the theme of Mat struggling to be the "responsible" father and family man.  Just think about the situation, do you realistically expect that Tuon is going to want to stop with just one child?  She is going to do her best to convince Mat that for the good of the Empire she needs multiple sons and daughters.  When he balks at this prospect she will remind him of Imperial Family tradition and the necessity of sibling rivalries that will help her manipulate and select the strongest heir.  I can imagine a desperate Mat starting to get chronic migraines at bedtime until Tuon threatens to send for that "rude" marath'damane Nynaeve.  Even better, the story could portray a hilarious scene where Mat is trying to convince a hysterical Nynaeve that she needs to prescribe regular doses of heartleaf tea for the Empress.

I think this plot would be as entertaining as the military campaign because it would be a contest of wills between Mat and Tuon on how their children are raised.  I can see Mat putting his foot down about encouraging cut throat competition between his kids.  I'm sure Min and Selucia will have plenty advice for Mat and will probably end up being "Aunts" for the Royal children.  Something tells me that Fortuona would get her wish for more children but will be shocked when they all have Mat's personality.  Yes, when the Royal children grow up, they end up caring less about acquiring power and more about having fun.  When an epidemic of pranks breaks out in the Imperial Court, [How could someone attach a "Kick Me" sign to Karede's back or write graffiti on Selucia's private collection of knives?] Tuon publicly blames the The Prince of Ravens for imperiling the Royal Succession.  Fortunately, Mat would divert her attention by laughing at the situation while pointing out their kid's potential for originality and imagination, not to mention sneakiness... 

My favorite would be a story about the Land of Madmen. I would also love to see some stuff about some Darkfriends. Ive always loved  stories about good people corrupted and betrayed by those they trust, and becomes the very things they vow to destroy. Tragic misunderstood villians are some of my favorite characters. I also love the insane, mad type ones. I quote from batman "Because some men don't care about money, power, or fame. They can't be bought, bribed, negotiated, or reasoned with. Some men just wanna watch the world burn." Those are my other favorite type of villians. I just would have to loved to see some backstories on some people like that.

That Batman quote to me fits Moridin. Anyway, I have always wanted stories in more detail of the War of the Shadow. Imagine the battles that we would have read!!!!! The fall of both Sammael and Demandred and all of them!

I agree. I would have loved to see some stories on the War reduced the worlds populations by large amounts, and which wiped whole nations off the face of the planets. I have to say im a more sadistic/cynical type person and I would have loved to read about the unending hordes of shadowspawn annihilating all before them

Truth is. The story Sanderson told us in three books, would have taken RJ at least 6 books, no matter what he said about writing a final volume. It would be about 2018 before series had ended. And thanks to his brilliant way of writing, that would have been only positive thing.

I would have really wanted to read about the 20 years when Moiraine and Lan were searching for Rand.

That we have. It`s called New Spring. Also known as the first prequel. The other two would have been about Tam finding Rand and abou Moiraine finding Rand.

That is exactly what we don't have.  I've read New Spring multiple times.  The book ends with Moiraine bonding Lan.

(With the bonding they begin their 20 year search for Rand.)

Eye of the World begins with Moiraine and Lan entering the Two Rivers.

Their 20 year search, from the bonding to the entry into The Two Rivers is not covered in any of the books.

I don't know if I would have liked to have seen any of the major characters from Wheel of Time ... they were thoroughly covered. 

I would have liked to have seen spinoffs with the Seanchan. They had a morally complicated culture and they weren't as well developed as the Aiel.  Jordan never even took the readers to their continent, so there seems to be a lot of potential there.

Artur Hawkwing's life story might make an interesting novella, I would have liked to have read more about that.

That is exactly what we don't have.  I've read New Spring multiple times.  The book ends with Moiraine bonding Lan.

(With the bonding they begin their 20 year search for Rand.)

Eye of the World begins with Moiraine and Lan entering the Two Rivers.

Their 20 year search, from the bonding to the entry into The Two Rivers is not covered in any of the books.

It would also reveal that the reason in TEoTW where by Lan and Moiraine's comments on Logain they know him personnaly is because he was one of the children born to Ghealdan nobles they had to track down!

I know this would of been a lot of work, but books from the POV of the 13 forsaken during the AOL that shows why they went to the DO.  LTT pretty much admitted he was a giant jerk during the AOL so some of the stories we might end up sympathizing with the forsaken.

I doubt the WOT would be finished which is the reason lots of people dislike AMOL. Brandon had to finish a story that probably wasn't close to done after Knife of Dreams so had to mix and match. Who knows how complete the notes were; by some of the stuff muffed, like the seanchan and the Tower, we can guess. [Removed]

Who knows how complete the notes were; by some of the stuff muffed, like the seanchan and the Tower, we can guess.

We have a pretty good idea at this point. It's become clear we initially had been oversold concerning how complete they were. Brandon had to make up over 50% of the material in these last three books with the zero guidance from the notes. In addition even in places the notes exist, they could look like this:

Brandon

The thing about the notes is that a lot of the notes were to him, and so he would say things like “I’m going to do this or this” and they’re polar opposites. And so there are sequences like that, where I decide what we’re going to do, and stuff like that. And this all is what became the trilogy that you’re now reading.

When you take into account the above, with how insanely rushed Tor made the timeline, it really puts into perspective just how difficult this project actually was.

Archived