DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Thanksgiving Dinner - Autumn Crafts

Elaevia

ThanksgivingHeader2013_2_zpsb173dc21.jpg

With the nights drawing and the temperatures dropping, now is the time of year to close the curtains and snuggle under a blanket next to the fire.

But what do you do on those long evenings, or those stormy and blustery days when enjoying the Great Outdoors is just not an option?

I will be posting some ideas of things to do to keep you entertained and creative!

The first thing is (when the eather is not too bad) go out and collect some stuff - leaves, acorns, pine cones - and then see what you can make with paper, pens, glue, string etc. Here's a few ideas to get you started

ed8d90cfc85be6823fcc72eca8474381.jpg

df1a9837c38ede9ecd46ac16abce2844.jpg

WoW Via those are some amazing craft ideas!! I especially love the leaf people and animals and the leaf chimes.  You ladies can come visit me anytime, we have plenty of kids to do crafts with you or watch kiddy movies   :wink:

Wow those leaf chimes are beautiful!

I don't know if I'd be able to make them though because they'd need a delicate hand being so fragile and I am anything if delicate  :laugh:

The little acorn and pinecone skiers are adorable as well.

Maybe I could make them...

Hi, guys, look at what I found - it seems so easy to be made but so cool:

0_autumn_crafts_apple_cups.jpg

You can serve cider, liquor or even some youghurt, cream or caramel and use the cinnamon sticks as spoons :biggrin: And all you have to do is just prepare the apple by removing the core. Cool, eh?

I am considering the praticalities of setting up a little pine-cone man scene to go in our front window - it is straight out onto the street so people could see it as they walk by!

those look awesome Theo! am particularly liking the idea of some sort of alcohol in them! and they are healthy cos of the apple and all, lol!

*plans to snaffle Gud's kids to go to the cinema with* :laugh:

today I want to show you some things made of crochet

from the simple:

8e0b6fa2b96efe73cd14c88602d739fa.jpg

to a little more complicated

8a03026f37f6d1a23ebbadea1612daf2.jpg

to snuggle in

d646a3e61e339dba641109e3ea0f692c.jpg

or decorate with

bba6a833521810e00e84e31fa5340cd3.jpg

or just cos its pretty!

888cdf2bfa37e8928cdff8c308973a34.jpg

you need just the crochet hook and some woorl / yarn.

Scarfs are a really easy thing to start with cos you can do just the same stitch over and over untill you run out!

I absolutely love the snowflake garland!

I made some cup warmers for my mom last year. Though they didn't turn out as cute as those ones - they were the first I made though. 

I need to also make that flower scarf... Thanks Via!

Aida: most of those are waaaay beyond my ability, but they are soo cool!

Kaylee, that is very sweet, I think! :)

This was posted in the Gray:

A special crafted treat to keep all you Grays warm this winter:

grayA%3BpacaMitt01_22.jpg

And I have actually found a way to make soemthing really similar today

This site http://www.mooglyblog.com/ has some cool patterns, and really easy to follow videos showing simple and advanced stitches: I think it is my new crochet favourite!

Aida: most of those are waaaay beyond my ability, but they are soo cool!

Kaylee, that is very sweet, I think! :)

This was posted in the Gray:

A special crafted treat to keep all you Grays warm this winter:

grayA%3BpacaMitt01_22.jpg

And I have actually found a way to make soemthing really similar today

This site http://www.mooglyblog.com/ has some cool patterns, and really easy to follow videos showing simple and advanced stitches: I think it is my new crochet favourite!

Oh what an awesome site - now I need to get new yarn and start on this year's gifts. I really love those fingerless gloves too! How cool!

And Via - I am so not the best crocheter - What I love about crochet is how easy it is to learn one stitch and be able to repeat it and make cool scarves. I really want to make cute winter hats as well  :biggrin:

Gud, I'll be round in an hour to pick them up, lol!

I plan on doing a blanket to practise the stitches, Aida. I am going to pick maybe four colours, and do squares in each colour for each stitch. So each colour will have a square in single crochet, double crochet, granny squares etc. this will mean I get plenty of practise, and the blanket will be interesting too!

I want to try the bobble stitch as well, that looks awesome!

I plan on doing a blanket to practise the stitches, Aida. I am going to pick maybe four colours, and do squares in each colour for each stitch. So each colour will have a square in single crochet, double crochet, granny squares etc. this will mean I get plenty of practise, and the blanket will be interesting too!

Via, that sounds wonderful, but isn't it going to take eternity? A whole blanket?! But I am sure it would look divine - if it was me, I wouldn't then allow anyone to sleep with it. Only admire if from at least 6 feet distance :biggrin:

yeah, probably forever! but i don't mind *tries not to think how long I have been making my scarf for*

:)

but if I do a square a week or something it will grow quite consistently and get me loads of practice!

That is a great idea! I think the bobble stitch looks awesome too  :wink:  I might have to steal the idea and make a blanket like that too for practice. I made a baby blanket, but I didn't play with different stitches much. 

Archived