DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elder Scrolls online

Aidanna

Interesting. Which do you want to play as?

I've made a ton of different builds on Skyrim. I'd usually get start-over-itis after a few hours of game play :tongue:

Probably my favorites were a Thor build I made with a lightning enchanted warhammer weilding Nord, a fire mage Khajit where I'd run around burning stuff and then hacking to death with my claws, or a hunter build I made were basically I just lived in a hut and hunted animals to sell the meat and pelts. That one wasn't very eventful but I tried to play pretty strictly when it came to the RP. I made him sleep regularly, eat, etc. I actually found it to be pretty fun that way, but also time consuming.

Yeah - I always like experimenting with the characters too. I probably think I will stick with a Nord for the beta weekend, just because I am pretty comfortable with that character type. 

I had a high elf girl that rocked - she became part of the dawnguard and I had a blast with her. 

I had a nord guy that was pretty cool too. I always get start-over-itis too. I think its fun to try the different story plots and quests. 

I haven't made a vampire though. I have been busy lately but my last character was getting involved as an assassin. I also like finding the hidden treasure chests, and doing the little side stuff as well. I usually use characters that aren't as big in the main story sequence for that stuff - I bought the houses and got the hearthfire expansion and stuff. It was ok. I really liked my thief character too. Probably because I never break rules in RL so I like to be crazy in my games. 

It gives you that freedom to do so :wink:

For Dawnguard I made a werewolf who hunted vampires, it actually worked out pretty well. I wore the Wolf armor from the Companions and ran around with a two-handed axe. Whenever I'd enter a vampire lair I'd transfer into a werewolf and absolutely destroy stuff, it was good fun. I really liked how with the Dawnguard DLC they added the skill trees for wolves and vampires, I had a good time raising my levels. There's a glitch with the Ring of Hircine where you can transform into a wolf multiple times a day, so I took full advantage.

Enjoy :happy:

I would suggest getting far enough along in the Companions storyline so that you start to find the Totems of whatever (can't remember their formal title). They'll boost up your skills as a werewolf on top of the new skill tree that allows you to assign skill points. You wouldn't be wasting a skill point from standard leveling either, if you're worried about that. You can only level up your wolf skills as a wolf and those points can only be spent on your wolf skills.

Since the Dawnguard DLC doesn't activate until you're level 10 anyway, I'd go straight to the Companions and start zipping through that. It'll level you up pretty quickly and shortly after you'll be a pretty powerful werewolf ready to slay some undead :baalzamon:

Yeah - I have done the companions before, but never just to be a vamp hunter... I will definitely just head to whiterun and doing the companion stuff. I can't remember lots of the technical names, but I know what you mean by the totem things. I think I am going to go with a big two-handed weapon with this one as well  - I haven't focused on a two handed weapon really either, so I think that would be fun!

I really don't play the big online ones much - I just love Skyrim and all those games so much, so I was pretty excited to check it out. I don't know how much I will actually play this weekend - the game wasn't on earlier when I had a chance, and I don't know that I will have much time. RL is throwing me a poop storm today and I'm not really in the game mood. Feeling kinda down.

Hahaha - and I am a huge nerd - so my social life consists of a small group of friends and family - a lot of whom live other places. 

Massive Multi-player Online. Its like a game that you can play online with a huge number of people playing the same game (different servers and such because of the enormity) but that's it basically. Like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. Bethesda has been working on this Elder scrolls mmo concept for like 5 years. I did like! You can make cool characters and the world is awesome. Stuff I like - but I generally like the more solitary mode of skyrim. So I am still torn. I didn't get to play as much as I would have like to, but I don't do MMO games as much. Too time consuming and I just don't have that time available to invest fully. 

The game was awesome, just a cruddy weekend for me to be playing. 

Oh okay, gotcha. I just hadn't heard the usage of MMO before :tongue:

I agree that I no longer really have the time to play as much as I might want to sometimes, but I still think the idea is pretty cool. So long as they don't allow power-leveling and stuff like that. I'd get pretty fed up with the game online if I was constantly getting mugged by dudes in Daedra armor lol

I honestly didn't play very much - but I didn't experience any mobbing around like that. It looks like a pretty good fun game! I enjoyed what I saw. Friday night was my most able time to play, and the server's weren't up when they were supposed to be, then I had some personal stuff happening and I was pretty down all weekend and didn't play as much as I wanted to. 

Archived