DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Positive Thoughts and Thankful moments

U4ea

One of the things I love about November is the concerted effort everyone makes to being thankful for the good things in their lives (and even the things that aren't so good). So here is our annual Thanksgiving thread. Whether your American or not, it's still a great time to focus on the things you are thankful for and verbalize that thanks and not keep it to yourself!

So, I'm late. Here are the ten things I am thankful for so far this month:

1- My family, which brings me no shortage of excitement and exhaustion, but. And never fail to bring a smile to my lips.

2- My job, which challenges and frustrates me. It also allows me to be creative and lets me share the things I love, as well as meet some really great kids.

3- My geeky habits and the husband who not only encourages them, but also spoils me town supporting them.

4- My van, not only is it the geekiest mom mobile on the planet, but it is reliable and starts every time I start it up.

5- My house, which is solidly built and fits us perfectly. It keeps us safe from the elements and comfortable. It provides the respite from the outside world that I need, and is the backdrop for every good thing that has happened in my life for the last seven years.

6- DM, which has provided me a home and friends that can never be replaced. I've been here for ten years without more than a few weeks off because this is my second hodo., my second family. You are the happy place for me.

7- My online family, who support and encourage me, listen to me whine and celebrate right along with me when there's reason and make up a reason when there's not.

8- My internet connection, which allows me access to both DM and you! And pinterest... I love pinterest.

9- books, which have provided me an escape from reality all my life. Whether I'm writing or reading, the words give me respite.

10- my health, which, while I have some minor issues, overall is very good. My blood pressure is normal, my heart is thumping just fine, my brain is functioning perfectly, as is the rest of my slightly overweight body. She, I have migraines and I'm dizzy all the time. She, I've busted up my foot and walking is to rough. And yes, through car accidents and babies, my back screams from time to time. But I can run with my girls in the front yard, I can hike in the woods, I can dance, I can carry boxes and move furniture. There isn't anything my body can't do.

So, what are you thankful for?

11- My bosses, who didn't freak out when I popped my head into their meeting and for them I was going home because my kid was throwing up and that everything was taken care of.

12- My creative gift, which all's me to turn an addiction into assistance.

13- The Girl Scout troop I am starting, even though my husband swears I have no time for it.

14- my few friends, who let me pop off and say stupid stuff and don't hate me for it.

15- technology, which allows me to feed a dozen addictions with one device... A few times over!

16- coworkers who say "we got this, Tiff," when I need to bail.

17- Netflix, which allows me to get addicted to things like Sherlock and the Vampire Diaries.

18- Medicine, which will hopefully stop this stomach bug and strep before peanut gets any more miserable...

Archived