DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Days of the Black Tower - Tainted news

Talya

TAINTED NEWS

Welcome to a special edition of Tainted News

This is your chance to share some tainted news stories from around the world. 

Share your tainted brownies with the BT.

Have a tainted picture you wish to inflict reveal to us

Lets get started...

We all love our smileys and emotes, but did you know they even have then under the sea:

ad_118350929.jpg?w=650&h=433&crop=1#038;

In fact he looks like he is winking...

This is in fact a Blue-ray limpet and is only 15mm long. this little chap can be found in the north Eastern area of the Atlantic...near Norway apparently!

so an other story...

In Brighton, in the UK:

Either someone in Brighton, U.K., has been watching too much Doctor Who or the city has a serious wormhole problem.

A concerned resident recently reported that a “wormhole or vortex” had opened up on Montreal Road -- a "portal to other times, places and dimensions," the Argus reported.

The local made the report to a website called "Fix My Street," but provided little other information for this reason: "I would have investigated further but I was concerned my little dog would be sucked into it."

Either the alleged dimensional portal is getting worse or people are having a lot of fun filing crank reports.

"I went past the other day and it seems to have got worse –- it is now emitting an unsettling yellow light and a large snake appears to be emerging from the wall," an eyewitness said, according to the Metro.

City officials said they will not be investigating the complaint, TNT Magazine 

Someone has been eating too many Tainted Brownies...

A little old, but Taint filled enough. About a month ago, four homeless men in the woods near where I live got into a dispute. Apparently it turned into a 2 vs 2 and apparently one of the pairs had previously acquired crossbows. WARNING CONTAINS DEATH

One man was shot dead on the spot, the other man - which had been shot several times- escaped onto the road and got help. The two homeless men with the crossbows were later apprehended by the authorities. It was pretty crazy, people were talking about it all around my school.

most of my stories are either not appropriate or ... would be ethical violations to share.

but this one made me giggle and I'll keep the identifiable information out.

guy goes to the emergency room because he's having hallucinations.

he's ok with the snakes, spiders, bugs crawling on him... with the little men taunting him and telling him he should do very bad things.

but he just can't stand the one that keeps calling, "here, kitty kitty."

can't really blame him. that's a hard thing to ignore.

he made no mention of the uncatchable red dot, so the prognosis isn't as bad as it could be.

Mad squirrel in shot down with cop!

rebel_squirrel_resized.jpg

It sounds nuts, but a Tennessee police officer has been kicked off the force after a run-in with a squirrel.

Jody Putnam was fired from the Mountain City Police Force after a Sept. 27 incident where he shot his gun at the unnamed squirrel, which had found its way into the Dollar General store.

Animal control to help get rid of the rascally rodent, but when that officer was unavailable, Putnam answered the call of duty instead.

Putnam tried to apprehend his squirrelly suspect by shooting his gun inside the store, according to property owner Carl Duffield.

"Shooting back there, of course that should not have been, that should not have happened. Then they began to spray it with mace and pepper spray." Duffield told WJHL-TV. "There was a lot of people that come out and just like me they came out and they were coughing and a hacking. It was comical, but I'm sure they didn't feel that way, the customers that came out."

It is unknown how many shots Putnam fired, and Dollar General store officials have refused to release the surveillance tape.

When bystanders were allowed back in the store, they saw the dead squirrel pinned under his shoe, the Mountain City Tomahawk reported.

Some people are animal lovers, but Gary Matthews would love to be an animal. Specifically a dog. Matthews, 47, is an unemployed IT technician in Pittsburgh who figures if he has one life to live, let it be as a furry canine. Whenever he's got the chance -- usually when he's home with family and friends -- he puts on a shaggy dog costume and becomes his alter ego Boomer. Matthews loves running around on all fours, eating food out of a bowl, and chasing cars. The 6-foot pretend pooch also sleeps inside a giant doghouse he keeps in his human abode.

As long as Matthews can remember, he's loved dogs. It was the Disney comedy "The Shaggy D.A." that first pointed him to the possibilities of living abnormally as a mutt impersonator. At first, he named himself after "Pongo," the alpha male in "101 Dalmatians." At the age of 12, he became a fan of "Here's Boomer," a short-lived NBC series about a fluffy hound helpful to people he meets. "I liked Boomer's sense of adventure, seeing new towns and meeting different people every week, and helping them with their problems," Matthews wrote on his website dedicated bizarre lifestyle. "I even planned to go tramping when I got out of school, and live with other street dogs and go adventuring with them. "I looked up to Here's Boomer and picked up some of his personality and behaviors. When I bark, what you hear is the result of listening to my TV tapes and learning Boomer's voice from the soundtrack. Things like that have combined with my personality to make me a better dog."

In 2010, he attracted international attention when he attempted to change his name to "Boomer The Dog," only to have the judge reject the request on the grounds it could "put the public welfare at risk". Allegheny County judge Ronald W. Folino said that if Matthews saw a terrible automobile accident and called 911, the dispatcher might hang up and not send an emergency crew if he told authorities his name was "Boomer The Dog." Matthews would like to find a "puppy girl" to share his life. He howls for the day that species-change operations become a reality too. "I really wish they do figure [out how to turn humans into dogs] so that I can do that!"

r-BOOMER-THE-DOG-large570.jpg

Full Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/gary-matthews-boomer-the-_n_4151944.html

An injured kangaroo shut down part of Melbourne Airport on Wednesday after it hopped through the busy terminal and into a drug store.

Police in the southeastern Australian city secured the store before wildlife workers tranquilized and captured the animal. Given the name Cyrus, after one of his rescuers, the male eastern grey kangaroo was injured by a vehicle on a nearby road before making his way to the airport's second level. 

Cyrus was now in veterinary care, said Karen Masson, the chief executive of Wildlife Victoria.

The terminal is near bushland frequented by groups of kangaroos, with some ending up stranded in the airport's parking lot several times a month.

"We get calls," Masson said. "There are a lot of 'roos out there."

If you want to see the video go here. I must say that it must be a very intelligent kangaroo that jumps to a farmacy when it has been injured. 

Just what we really want...I'm hungry already, just thinking about it. I wonder if they have tainted brownies in their list...

CELL PHONES SMELLS:

Now your meeting reminders can smell delicious.

A new smartphone plug-in accessory can release a puff of bacon smell into the air -- should you choose to live deliciously.

The technology "attaches to headphone socket on both iPhones and Android smartphones and, when told to by the companion app, releases a burst of fragrance, paired with a customizable LED light," Engadget reports.

Other smartphone smells include coffee and strawberry, but you're going to choose bacon, the world's most perfect food.

Android Authority reports that the "Scentee" also has a timer that can release the fragrance of your choice however often you want to smell it. The scent capsules are good for around 100 uses and cost $5.

Only time will tell if the device will lead to weight gain, high cholesterol, heart attack in its users. But until then, just sit back and enjoy the smell of fresh-cooked breakfast any time you want.

Archived