DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I completely agree that it sounds ridiculous. But I got the PM from Tina. I was really surprised but I was quite happy. Now with two scum pegged we'll go back, look at interactions and hopefully catch the last scum.

Don't think I'm playing horribly but ok. I make the most of my 1-shots. I'm quite clutch with them IMO. The truth will set you free.

But to help us catch the other scum, Dice what are your views? Don't worry Lenlo I didn't forget about you but we have bigger fish to fry.

Oh I completely agree that it sounds ridiculous. But I got the PM from Tina. I was really surprised but I was quite happy. Now with two scum pegged we'll go back, look at interactions and hopefully catch the last scum.

Don't think I'm playing horribly but ok. I make the most of my 1-shots. I'm quite clutch with them IMO. The truth will set you free.

But to help us catch the other scum, Dice what are your views? Don't worry Lenlo I didn't forget about you but we have bigger fish to fry.

RTE, assuming that you're telling the truth about the one-shots, you've done well with those. But you got viewed as town and your posts on-thread (as opposed to your night actions) have managed to burn away most of the town cred you got from being viewed. Especially with your repeated refusal to provide the reasons behind your reads when multiple players have been asking for them. You eventually did give some argument, but by the time you did so the damage  you did to yourself was already done. You should have given your reasons as soon as people began asking for them, but you went out of your way to be evasive about it.

And saying you didn't have enough online time or whatever fails to be convincing when you found time to engage in ongoing back-and-forth with Len, and you are the fourth-highest poster on the thread overall. (Counting the mod... there are only two players more active than you.)

You're right. I'll take your approach and just lurk when I don't have the time to give the explanation to my reads. Rather than let people know I am here and will give my reads before deadline. Which I did. So I don't see the issue?

I never refused to give my reads. I told people they just had to wait because I couldn't at that moment. Next time I'll just not post. Like, oh, almost everyone else in this game apart from a select few. 

Of the remaining living people, I think:

Town:

RTE

Des (Unfortunately) 

Turin

Scum:

Dice (Confirmed)

Lenlo 

No Read:

Via

Pral

Ed

Basel

I figure at least one more scum among the No Read group. We can study the scum interactions once Dice is done. 

Dice, what are your reads?

The issue is that in the time it actually took you to make all the little short posts "letting people know you are here", and arguing back and forth with Len as to which of you is scum, you could have been taking the time to write out your case. As I type this, you have 68 posts. If you'd been willing to reduce that number by just a few, you could have created the time to make one big post explaining your thoughts. How much time does one big (or even medium) post with reasonings take compared to how much time 68 little posts takes? And if you don't have the time to type it all out at once, write some out in Notepad and then save it for later.

Fair. I would be happy if the inactives posted even a little rather than not post at all though. Even to say that they are aware of the game and will be back. I guess I take the same approach. Other than making an ISO on me particularly annoying IMO there was no harm done by those posts. And the interaction with Lenlo is just one more to look at. Information is power.

Anyways, I'm not going anywhere and neither is my vote. I'm a VT who was given the tools to help town win. I can only do so much. 

hmmm RTE seems to get an awful lot of one shots.  and always at the most opportune times.

I am town. Maw  vanilla.

Lets see RTE  first there was a one shot LD where you just HAPPENED to view the same person as the cop. You've been pushing Len a lot yet with this supposed one shot you look at me?  strange. even stranger that people have been saying you are the godfather and then Voila! you get a one shot that allows you to find one! and then theres the fact that you suddenly decide 

"oh we have a cop, he can view len" and then bam! ley dies. Coincidence? I think not.

I call BS and vote RTE

If BS wasn´t allowed before, it means that it´s still not allowed. We are playing nice mafia, remember.

Let's see.

There are 9 town left. We might be looking at 3 mafia + 1 symp in this game. That means, according to my guess, we have 3 - 6 left. 

If we mislynch today and 1 town death at night, we will be 3-4. This is assuming that there are no serial killer/mafia kills as it is a basic game.

So, if RTE is a Godfather, I don't see an incentive for him to lie and trap himself. Maybe if he had done this the next day, I would have had major doubts on him. But, today, I am good with his claim.

vote dice

You still seem incredibly fixated on me being scum with nothing really to go on for it. Your also still passive aggressively pushing me as scum with NO REASONS to go with them beyond your initial view of "His posts feel kinda scummy" which we had to pry out of you by force. Seriously you couldnt be more wrong here.

Fair. I would be happy if the inactives posted even a little rather than not post at all though. Even to say that they are aware of the game and will be back. I guess I take the same approach. Other than making an ISO on me particularly annoying IMO there was no harm done by those posts. And the interaction with Lenlo is just one more to look at. Information is power.

Anyways, I'm not going anywhere and neither is my vote. I'm a VT who was given the tools to help town win. I can only do so much. 

The harm done was it made anything and everything you say suspect. If I didnt think there was absolutely no way for scum to benefit from your claiming Dice was the GF, I wouldnt be voting with you right now.

A sudden finding of a god-father does make me suspicious, and maybe it would be worth the risk if RTE was mafai and  this was lynch or loose.

But this was meant to be a 16 player game, which means we would have 4 mafia, so Prals figures add up to me - that is if a symp is counted as a standard mafia member for balancing ( I don't think I've ever played in a game with one)

Generally agree with what others have said, that either way we catch a GF. Vote Dice.

One thing I'm kinda worried about tho- RTE is saying he's a VT that got all these one shot views? Kinda strange. Why is Mawthtex considered so special in this game? Was he ever staff?

The polar bear left Basel´s leg and ran away. The asha´mans looked at each other, what would they do now? Would they dare to spread out in search for new clues or should they stay together? After a lot of discussion they decided to do what asha´mans do best - sit down and eat some brownies. Dice went to the kitchen for some newly baked brownies and started to hand them out. As usual, the brownies were amazingly yummy. For a moment they could all relax and forget about the staff hunt. Well, not everyone. One of them had sat to himself and now he stood up. He held something in his hand. "This was in my brownie. Do you know what it is? It´s a baby trolloc hair." He pointed at Dice. "When was the last time any of you saw Dice volunteer to get brownies? Have you ever seen Dice volunteer for anything?" Everyone stared at Dice. It was true, Dice was one of the laziest asha´mans in the tower. "That person is not Dice! Quick, shield him!" Dice held up his hands in the air. "Wow. Let´s calm down and talk about this madness. Of course I´m Dice, who else would I be?" The asha´mans surrounded him and started to drag him towards the deserter´s tree. "Well, let´s find out, shall we?" 

They hang him on the tree and as he died he suddenly shifted form. It was the Lady Dragon herself - Tina! Some of the asha´mans looked frightend but the rest cheered. "Woohoo! We got her!"  "Down with the staff!" "What should we do with her body?" "Muwahahaha, let´s feed her babies!" 

Dice (playing as Tina, SGL of the BT), mafia godfather has been lynched. 

It´s now Night 4. Deadline is Thursday 9 PM CET. That is 23 hours and 20 minutes from now.

I can´t believe that you killed me!!!  :darkone:

Tinas dead! Hurry its time for a coup.

Alright after that im going to choose to trust RTE even if hes been uber scummy lately. He caught us a GF. That leaves

5. Ed - Not sure

6. NotBob NotBasel - Gonna say town. 

3. Des - town sadly. Seriously you say you regret hammering what we now know to be a godfather? I dont think you would be that obvious as scum but I will not discount that scummy post just because of that. Id call you scum but RTE LDed you as town and thats the only thing keeping you from my list.

13. Pralaya - leaning town on

14. Turin - Iffy on

10. Via - Leaning scum. She posted some bad reasoning for not voting and being suspicious of RTE without really committing to calling him scum or not.

So summary

Town: 

Lenlo

RTE

Basel

Pral

Des

Scum:

Via

Unsure

Turin

Ed

If theres a cop view I forgot please remind me but I dont think I forgot one. Either way I recommend Via tomorrow.

Generally agree with what others have said, that either way we catch a GF. Vote Dice.

One thing I'm kinda worried about tho- RTE is saying he's a VT that got all these one shot views? Kinda strange. Why is Mawthtex considered so special in this game? Was he ever staff?

To the best of my recollection Maw was not staff during my whole time in the BT. But he had been in the BT well before me, so could have been before I joined.

FWIW: I'm Hallia not Maw. And characters to roles were random IIRC.

Does anyone find it amusing that characters to roles were random and yet the cop and doc wound up as bondeds?

Archived