DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game on] Prisoners of the Black Tower @ Tainted Days

Nikonis

As many of you probably know the Black Tower will soon be hosting "Tainted Days" which is a ten day event filled with fun, activities and (of course) taint! As an extra special treat Tina and I have come up with a new game, based off of a sweedish TV show named "Prisoners at the Fort" which we would like you all to participate in. Before we go explaining everything I will need to have you all sign up so we can see how many people are interested in participating and, based off of that, how many teams we will have.

The game will consist of three categories of challenges (Key Quests, Clues & Puzzles or Physical Challenges) which each member of your team must participate in, as the team representitive, at least once. After all challenges have been met your team will then move onto the final challenge where all team members will have to work together to meet the final challenge(s). Points will be awarded to each member of the two winning teams and also for those who actively participate in the game.

So... Who's in for a little fun?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome contestants to our first ever Prisoners of the Black Tower! In this game you will be split into 2 teams with 2 members assigned to each team. Once you are assigned to a team you will be sent with your new teammates to your campsite (PM Thread) to get to know one another and discuss strategy. At this time each team member will also be given their "Stats" for the game. Only your teammates and the game moderators will be able to see your threads so feel free to discuss the tasks amongst yourselves there.

The game will consist of multiple tasks which will fall into one of three categories: Key Quests, Clues & Puzzles or Physical Challenges. Once your team has all the information for their current task gathered in their "campsite" they will have a single member, nominated by their teammates prior to the assignment of the task, submit their team action to the public game thread. Any team member may post the information on their private board but only the member assigned as team representative for the specific task may submit an answer for review on the official thread. If someone who is NOT the official team representative posts the answer, without prior mod approval, the answer will be ignored until the official person from either team posts it.

The key quest will require a team to search through BT posts from the past three months and collect 7 keys, this number will be lowered by one key for every three points of speed stat your team representative for the task has, which have been inserted and hidden within random posts. A key will either be a photo of an actual key OR the letters F I O arranged vertically as shown in the example below:

For the record I would like to say that

I am completely against the treatment

Of elves in the North Pole.

Clues and Puzzles will require a team to solve a series of riddles, answer a ten question quiz, find ten words in a word search, solve a game of hangman without going over seven wrong letters OR finding seven words in a crossword puzzle. Bonuses will be given for every three points of Intellect your team representative for the task has.

Physical Challenges will leave the team with a task to complete. This task may be to post twenty-five spam images of a certain topic, to "tag" a member of the opposing team by posting a funny gif directly after them in a non-official thread on the BT forums OR go on a scavenger hunt to find certain threads, posts and images in posts from the past three months of Black Tower threads and then Quote them in the official game thread. As with the other tasks the amount of work your team will need to do can be modified in your favor for every three points of strength your team representative for the task has.

After completing each of the tasks your team will gain access to The Treasury.  In the treasury you will have to work together to defeat one last test which will incorporate physical challenges, clues/puzzles AND key quests without the help of stat bonuses.  Your team will be given a time limit to complete all the required tasks in this room and, if unable, your time can be extended for a price which your team will vote on. You can either vote to cut the number of points you will each earn for completing the game in half OR vote one member off your team (where they will be given to a random opponent team) and keep the full points you earn at the end of the game for your remaining membersThe first team to make it through the final task will be awarded first place. The next team will be awarded second place and any other teams will be forever lost in the tower (Awarded participation points).

MODS

Nikon

Tina

Team Apollo

Panchi

Speed: 8
     Intellect: 2
     Strength: 6

Talya
     Speed: 9
     Intellect: 4
     Strength: 3

Team Poseidon
Leyrann
     Speed: 2
     Intellect: 8
     Strength: 6
Mashiara Sedai
     Speed: 7
     Intellect: 5
     Strength: 1

Sure, why not.

In the past I've been inactive with these kind of games, but as I am actually continually active at the BT now, and not just a few days and then back to inactive state, I suppose I can do it.

Okay, you're on the list, who else wants in?

I have posted the basic outline of the game for those who wish to know what they are signing up for prior to actually joining. I have crossed out the few things which will not work with only two teams of two but we are still accepting participants so, depending on the outcome, we reserve the right to add one or both items back in.

Okay, now that you are both here allow me to reveal the first task... As I said earlier the first task is a quiz/puzzle so...

Talya, you have four points to your intelect stat and, thus, will have one question deducted from the task -Meaning- you only need to have the answer for nine of the questions.

Mashiara, you have five points to your intelect stat, which puts you one point under the next bonus, so you too will have one question deducted from the task -Meaning- you only need to have the answer for nine of the questions.

Remember, both team members may work together in their respective camps (PM) but only the representative should post the answers here once you have the answers to whichever number of questions you are required to complete.

TEAM POSEIDON

1: Occasionally the Ogier will gather for an inter-stedding meeting; What was this meeting called?  
2: During the breaking many Ogier roamed the earth slowly dying of what ailment?
3: Where were the Forsaken trapped before book one?

4: Why did Pevara Sedai chose the red ajah?

5: What is the title granted to the highest of the forsaken, which all forsaken strived to become?

6: The ways became corrupt & haunted by something that gave no mercy to its victims. What was it called?

7: In Winters Heart, Slayer thinks to himself that "Of his many gifts, immunity to WHAT was not one of them?"

8: At the end of "Towers of Midnight", the oldest known living Aes Sedai was whom?

9: Which Brown sister was bonded by Logain Ablar?

10: Around how old is Loial?

TEAM APOLLO

1: During the breaking what trade skill were the Ogear known for mastering? 
2: How many forsaken were there at the end of the Age of Legends?
3: Which forsaken causes the bond between Lan & Moraine to break?

4: What nickname was Moghedien commonly known as?

5: Which Aes Sedai drank poison so that she was able to betray her fellow Black Ajah members to Egwene?

6: How many Forsaken have been killed between book one and three? (Bonus: Name them all.)

7: Which famous general was the first to unite the Seanchan continent?

8: What colors was the original twisted dream ring given to Egwene?

9: What is the secret sign of the Yellow Ajah?

10: What does the fluted black rod do?

While you are working on this task also decide upon which team member will participate in the next challenge... A key quest. Please inform me of your next representative by the time you post your answer to the first challenge as the next challenge will be posted in your private forum as soon as you complete the first one.

Panchi, will give out the next answers.

here are the answers to the next set of questions. 

I have answered all 10, but if I discount one it would be number 9.

Either creating the Ways, that was during the breaking, or stone masonry which came after the breaking

Lanfear

The spider

5: Which Aes Sedai drank poison so that she was able to betray her fellow Black Ajah members to Egwene?

Verin

6: How many Forsaken have been killed between book one and three? (Bonus: Name them all.)

Aginor, Balthamal, Be'lal, Ishamael - 4

Luthair Paendrag

flecks of red and green

bunch of broomweed/ yellow flowers and ribbon split in three

Produces Balefire

Panchi, will give out the next answers.

here are the answers to the next set of questions. 

I have answered all 10, but if I discount one it would be number 9.

Either creating the Ways, that was during the breaking, or stone masonry which came after the breaking

Lanfear

The spider

Verin

Aginor, Balthamal, Be'lal, Ishamael - 4

Luthair Paendrag

flecks of red and green

bunch of broomweed/ yellow flowers and ribbon split in three (And hung upside down... but close enough for the point.)

Produces Balefire

You have nine correct and, seeing as you needed nine to continue on I will send the second task to you in your camp.

• Community Administrator

1: Occasionally the Ogier will gather for an inter-stedding meeting; What was this meeting called?

A meeting of the Great Stump
2: During the breaking many Ogier roamed the earth slowly dying of what ailment?

The Longing

3: Where were the Forsaken trapped before book one?

Inside the Bore with the Dark One

4: Why did Pevara Sedai chose the red ajah?

Because her family was killed by Darkfriends, and she thought any man who wanted to channel must be a Darkfriend

5: What is the title granted to the highest of the forsaken, which all forsaken strived to become?

Nae'blis

6: The ways became corrupt & haunted by something that gave no mercy to its victims. What was it called?

Machin Shin or The Black Wind

7: In Winters Heart, Slayer thinks to himself that "Of his many gifts, immunity to WHAT was not one of them?"

Poison

8: At the end of "Towers of Midnight", the oldest known living Aes Sedai was whom?

Cadsuane

9: Which Brown sister was bonded by Logain Ablar?

Gabrielle

10: Around how old is Loial?

About 90 years old

Archived