DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warder / Aes Sedai RP in Games

Eldurian

Was debating whether to post this here or the games section but decided on here since this is a social activity, and let's face it, this is where the cool kids hang out. ;)

I'm looking for people who would be interested in roleplaying Warder / Aes Sedai like pairs in a game. I say "like" because I don't know about you guys, but I hate directly transporting lore from one setting into another setting where they don't make sense. But I think the real meat of a Warder / Aes Sedai relationship can be readily transported into a lot of other settings.

I'll give a couple examples:

The Old Republic:

In SWTOR tank classes have the ability to bond someone, redirecting much of the damage done to them to themselves. It's actually in the best interest of a tank to trail a squishy ally such as a Jedi sage and make their sole purpose that played safety. At least in PvP. You could even roleplay a shared connection through the force much like the one between Bastilla and Revan.

Wurm Online:

While this game focuses more on crafting than combat, not all Aes Sedai are greens. A priest in this game makes so many sacrifices to gain the channeling skill (Yes it's called channeling, and you can even form circles with priests of the same type) that they can no longer be self sufficient without an alt. A warder type character could help the priest complete the tasks they can't do alone and protect them against their foes in exchange for the powerful buffs and enchantments priests can use.

These are just two examples, and I'm sure there are a lot more ideas people can offer. To me the real important aspect is the ability for a martial character to make it their personal mission protecting and assist a squishy / caster type and the ability to roleplay a deep (though not always magical) connection between them.

Anyway once we pick a game we could log in and play together at a set time each week or just as schedules line up based on the size if the group. This could either be a light RP or hardcore RP event.

Light RP:

Our characters have personalities and backstories and the choice of skills, items, actions they make should at least loosely reflect those personalities and backstories. Chat is generally out of character but there may be occasional in character banter and events.

Hardcore RP:

OOC kept to a minimum, the entire focus is on character interaction.

If you are interested post this info:

• Warder or Aes Sedai

• Light or Hardcore RP Preference

• Preferred Group Size

• Preferred Games / Game Suggestions

• Timezone / General Availability

Role: Warder preferred but open to being Aes Sedai.

RP Preference: Moderate, but light and hardcore could both work for me.

Preferred Group: 2-10, including me.

Preferred Games: Anything with persistent characters that would meet the needed criteria. Hopefully something with a good storyline or the option to make our own. Great character customization is a must.

Timezone / Availability: Alaska (GMT -9) / Fridays and Saturdays both work great. The rest of the week, hit and miss. I might be able to commit to 2 hour timeslots depending in when they are.

Archived