DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BATE: Worst/Least Favorite Vacation?

KassidyRose DaiShan

hard to narrow this down but imma start with 6th grade class trip to Philly.

religious girls school, first time most of us were away from home, running totally wild in hotel.

no, not in a creepy way, in a lets stay up all night screaming, running around, and causing as much destruction as possible way.

I hid in my room and listened, I believe, to some girls, the new stones album tho I might be getting that mixed up with the 8th grade trip to DC. same scene, different music.

we were asked not to return.

really can't blame them.

Best vacation was my trip to Israel last year. I love that country. We plan to go back as frequently as we can. We went swimming in the Mediterranean, the Red Sea, the Dead Sea and the Sea of Galilee. I love Jerusalem and Eilat.

The worst? Before we were married my husband and I went camping. We love camping. However, have you ever been awakened by a smell? The campers next to us had a dog that got into it with a skunk. We dragged our sleeping bags in the dark to the edge of the lake.

worstt vacation ws to New Yorkk City few yers ago with my siblinngs. We defintly had lot of funn, wht with the pizza and ice crem places lining so manny strrets in manhattan and we maed multple trips to so many diferent ones just to compare pizzas and ice cream lol, and centrl park was somewht nice, and we got to visit american museumm of naturl history and th metropolitan museumm or art, but it was a city and a massive-one, so basicaly took evrything I cant stand abuot cities and magnified it tenfold, the horible overcrowding, the filth, the endless unnatural noise, the typicall urban indiference, and the imposition of blarin capitalismm everywhere that strives to maek you feel liek a worthles worm. The museum tripss were somewaht spoiled because of those factors - they had alowed way to many peple into each, such that soem rooms in the natural history museumm were choking and sweltering becuse of so much bodiess and their heat, and most of thos peple did not know how to apreciate what they wer seein, especialy in the art museum where evryone was so busy talkin loudly and darting from one piece to th next without caring what they wer lookin at - the noise made it very harrd yourself to enjoy the art so despitte so much wonderfull pieces it was probably worstt trip I evre had to an art museum. Both museums wer also prettyy filthy, which ws prety alien to me in my experincce with th museums Ive been to so far back home ndd in othre countries - they usully do their best to keep it clean. it was a valluble experince overall and me and my siblings had a wondrful time, but not oen I wuold ever repeat agian.

Newport Rhode Island age 5 when one of my uncles came home from 20 yrs or so Okinawa. couple of my weirder cousins lived there, which in my family is very weird. and then most of the rest of the family, which was still on speaking terms, followed. a dozen or more kids in the basement with... the wrong babysitter. all the grown ups tanked, but took us out to drive ins in our pjs at night which was kind of cool. and fed us on ice cream and... not much else cause we wouldn't have chowder.

I'd have to nominate any vacation with my extended family as worst.

Ah....worst, I can't really think of.... then again, my family never really did 'vacations'. Except for last year, my Dad got a temporary consulting job in the north of Chile and so he added a month to the trip time and took the whole family! Pretty much our only real holiday with all of us together, and it was awesome!! Loved the country, new people, new culture, and doing it all with the whole family.

It was an eye-opening experience in a lot of ways... most valuable I think was the insight me and my brothers got into a different society. I mean, we were raised quite simply and liberal as modern standards go, but hanging out and hearing of and experiencing the lives of others our age was pretty awe-inspiring. The maturity and just....different outlook on life, that the kids who have had a much, MUCH tougher time already in their young lives have, is humbling. In a good way. I learnt some great life lessons from friends I made there.
And sweet football skillz. All in all it was a great time :D

I'd say when I was 9 and my family went to Disney World was fun... but going further south to spend time in the Everglades afterward was my all time least favorite vacation. It's a national park, but there wasn't much worth seeing, and the mosquitoes were so bad that even with repellent, my entire family was covered in bites. Including places you'd never imagine having bites.The air conditioner in the hotel room was broken, and it was hotter, humider, and stickier in April there than it normally is in July up here. We wound up leaving a day earlier than planned.

Best vacation was my trip to Israel last year. I love that country. We plan to go back as frequently as we can. We went swimming in the Mediterranean, the Red Sea, the Dead Sea and the Sea of Galilee. I love Jerusalem and Eilat.

The worst? Before we were married my husband and I went camping. We love camping. However, have you ever been awakened by a smell? The campers next to us had a dog that got into it with a skunk. We dragged our sleeping bags in the dark to the edge of the lake.

Hi Ryrin :D !

I do know the feeling of a dog messing with skunks ! This one time at band camp..... nah this one time years back at a friends party their  dog found a mama skunk and her baby and went after them they sprayed the dog ... smelt like burnt rubber my noise,eyes, and throat was burning . I couldn't get the smell out of my nose for a week .

hard to narrow this down but imma start with 6th grade class trip to Philly.

religious girls school, first time most of us were away from home, running totally wild in hotel.

no, not in a creepy way, in a lets stay up all night screaming, running around, and causing as much destruction as possible way.

I hid in my room and listened, I believe, to some girls, the new stones album tho I might be getting that mixed up with the 8th grade trip to DC. same scene, different music.

we were asked not to return.

really can't blame them.

Hahaha! You got banned from a hotel !!! 

I got banned from a few bars  before and 1 of the bars banned without getting un~band. 

worstt vacation ws to New Yorkk City few yers ago with my siblinngs. We defintly had lot of funn, wht with the pizza and ice crem places lining so manny strrets in manhattan and we maed multple trips to so many diferent ones just to compare pizzas and ice cream lol, and centrl park was somewht nice, and we got to visit american museumm of naturl history and th metropolitan museumm or art, but it was a city and a massive-one, so basicaly took evrything I cant stand abuot cities and magnified it tenfold, the horible overcrowding, the filth, the endless unnatural noise, the typicall urban indiference, and the imposition of blarin capitalismm everywhere that strives to maek you feel liek a worthles worm. The museum tripss were somewaht spoiled because of those factors - they had alowed way to many peple into each, such that soem rooms in the natural history museumm were choking and sweltering becuse of so much bodiess and their heat, and most of thos peple did not know how to apreciate what they wer seein, especialy in the art museum where evryone was so busy talkin loudly and darting from one piece to th next without caring what they wer lookin at - the noise made it very harrd yourself to enjoy the art so despitte so much wonderfull pieces it was probably worstt trip I evre had to an art museum. Both museums wer also prettyy filthy, which ws prety alien to me in my experincce with th museums Ive been to so far back home ndd in othre countries - they usully do their best to keep it clean. it was a valluble experince overall and me and my siblings had a wondrful time, but not oen I wuold ever repeat agian.

Awwww, I am sorry you had an awful time at the Museum besides it being full of that many people .  There is no way I could of handle that I woulda felt trap . 

When I go to a crowded place I have to take meds so I can remain calm .

Newport Rhode Island age 5 when one of my uncles came home from 20 yrs or so Okinawa. couple of my weirder cousins lived there, which in my family is very weird. and then most of the rest of the family, which was still on speaking terms, followed. a dozen or more kids in the basement with... the wrong babysitter. all the grown ups tanked, but took us out to drive ins in our pjs at night which was kind of cool. and fed us on ice cream and... not much else cause we wouldn't have chowder.

I'd have to nominate any vacation with my extended family as worst.

Sounds a little like my family ! ( at some points ) :tongue:

Ah....worst, I can't really think of.... then again, my family never really did 'vacations'. Except for last year, my Dad got a temporary consulting job in the north of Chile and so he added a month to the trip time and took the whole family! Pretty much our only real holiday with all of us together, and it was awesome!! Loved the country, new people, new culture, and doing it all with the whole family.

It was an eye-opening experience in a lot of ways... most valuable I think was the insight me and my brothers got into a different society. I mean, we were raised quite simply and liberal as modern standards go, but hanging out and hearing of and experiencing the lives of others our age was pretty awe-inspiring. The maturity and just....different outlook on life, that the kids who have had a much, MUCH tougher time already in their young lives have, is humbling. In a good way. I learnt some great life lessons from friends I made there.

And sweet football skillz. All in all it was a great time :D

My dad passed away when I was three so it was just my mom with the 5 youngest kids we never went on family vacations .

I'd say when I was 9 and my family went to Disney World was fun... but going further south to spend time in the Everglades afterward was my all time least favorite vacation. It's a national park, but there wasn't much worth seeing, and the mosquitoes were so bad that even with repellent, my entire family was covered in bites. Including places you'd never imagine having bites.The air conditioner in the hotel room was broken, and it was hotter, humider, and stickier in April there than it normally is in July up here. We wound up leaving a day earlier than planned.

The Everglades .. there is now way I would go there .  

If I could I would of left sooner . 

I have a few stories of my own to share :biggrin:  I will share them tonight though .

I couldn't log on the site the last few days and today is my mom's 69th birthday :joy:  

I've not been on many holidays that I didn't like.

I think the worst one (which was by no means bad) was went a bunch of me and friends went up to a youth hostel around Loch Lomond.

Midges are the worst and there was nothing to do but me and my friends still had fun even though we were bitten in some...not comfortable places!  :laugh:

I have never had a bad vacation really.

What I did have was a bad STAY-cation, and that wasn't even planned. It was last summer when that massive wind storm ripped through here and 

a huge portion of the east coast lost power. We couldn't go to work, and it was so miserably hot. There was no way to get cool unless you went and

soaked your head under cold water or just took a cold shower. Everyone was in a panic. There was no gasoline to be had, no stores open. Getting ice

to keep what little food you did have cool was nearly impossible to find. People were getting into fist fights over everyday things, and you sat up most 

of the night worrying that someone was going to try to break into your house out of desperation. 

It was bad enough, but what made it worse was seeing the bad side of humanity. I think that it would have been more bearable had everyone worked

together. Not saying that some people didn't. We actually had a BBQ on our street, and I heard that a few of the other neighborhoods did the same 

thing. But most of the businesses got their power back long before the residents and people were literally fist fighting over things like ice, and water, and bread. 

It was just so sad. 

my friends honeymoon in Jamaica in 88 got ripped apart by a hurricane and they got stranded with no electricity or running water and had to stay an extra week.

but they had the ocean and the bar.

and an extra week of honeymoon.

I don't know if that's actually not their best vacation come to think of it.

I'd be stranded in paradise with a bar and the ocean on my honeymoon, and I wouldn't complain. ;) 

As for another "Great East Coast Campout"...we're ready if it happens again. We stockpiled some stuff. So...derrecho or zombie apocolypse...

We're Ready. 

Also, I've learned to cook foods intended for the microwave on a gas grill. Grilled pizza is actually quite tasty. 

Really? I'm not all that great with chemistry (my chem project from high school is still plastered to the ceiling and cannot be painted over)....

I'll have to look up the cooking with acid thing. That sounds interesting. Oh! Maybe that science and cooking class that I'll be taking will talk about it! 

Now I'm super excited!!

I drove home to visit the mom while I was living with this......... guy. right after college.

I called him to tell him I'd gotten there safe, his latest conquest answered.

so I got in the car and drove probably an extra 100 miles to get home, took 6 hours blind from crying. no I don't know why, just had to be doing something.

got lost 20 ways, ppulled into the driveway as they pulled out.

that was a pretty bad vacation.

Really? I'm not all that great with chemistry (my chem project from high school is still plastered to the ceiling and cannot be painted over)....

I'll have to look up the cooking with acid thing. That sounds interesting. Oh! Maybe that science and cooking class that I'll be taking will talk about it! 

Now I'm super excited!!

it's like making ceviche.

anything marinated in enough lemon or vinegar will essentially cook.

I have never had a bad vacation really.

What I did have was a bad STAY-cation, and that wasn't even planned. It was last summer when that massive wind storm ripped through here and 

a huge portion of the east coast lost power. We couldn't go to work, and it was so miserably hot. There was no way to get cool unless you went and

soaked your head under cold water or just took a cold shower. Everyone was in a panic. There was no gasoline to be had, no stores open. Getting ice

to keep what little food you did have cool was nearly impossible to find. People were getting into fist fights over everyday things, and you sat up most 

of the night worrying that someone was going to try to break into your house out of desperation. 

It was bad enough, but what made it worse was seeing the bad side of humanity. I think that it would have been more bearable had everyone worked

together. Not saying that some people didn't. We actually had a BBQ on our street, and I heard that a few of the other neighborhoods did the same 

thing. But most of the businesses got their power back long before the residents and people were literally fist fighting over things like ice, and water, and bread. 

It was just so sad. 

That had to stink ! I can't imagine going through that .  That was a good idea to have a block BBQ ! 

my friends honeymoon in Jamaica in 88 got ripped apart by a hurricane and they got stranded with no electricity or running water and had to stay an extra week.

but they had the ocean and the bar.

and an extra week of honeymoon.

I don't know if that's actually not their best vacation come to think of it.

Yay for having the bar !! I will not go into the ocean though !  I will however make Amarande bring me buckets of water from the ocean :biggrin::tongue:

Okay , I know I still have to post my stories up here . I had a blast at my mom 69th Party  and I am almost done with all the repair work needed to be done to my home before City Inspection .  I am going to start typing it out now . 

My first bad vacation was when I went to the Grand Canyon with one of my ex's and a friend of mine and her ex . We decided to take a last minute vacation , so we rented a car and hit the road . Driving down was good; first we stopped in New Mexico to go to the Hot Springs . The plan was to stop and get a hotel room and to shower after spending a long while in the hot car ... but nope it didn't happen like we planned; the guys wanted to go to the Hot Springs first ....  Hahaha I didn't go into the Hot Springs I wasn't a shower and my swimsuit on  (personal reasons)  so  we left the Hot Springs and booked a room for the night . The men decided to be cheap and share a room but they  snuck us into the hotel room, so me and my ex got into a fight about rudeness  and for him to get manners , so the manager called the room and we found out they lied and said it was just them two in the room and they will turn down the TV .  So then the men went to get food , my friend and I went swimming in the pool at the hotel , and my ex called his mom and told her I was being a B**ch .  

We woke up the  next morning and it was my birthday spent the whole day in the car driving to the Grand Canyon . We stopped at the gas station heading up the Grand Canyon and my friend decided to go into the gas station smoking . There was a gas truck filling the pumps with gas , my friend got offended because the lady working in the gas station called her stupid and stuff for smoking , so her and her ex got into a fight as we were driving up in some hills . She decided to pull on the wheel and tried to kill us all because she was pissed her ex didn't take her side on the smoking .... This led my ex to tell her if she wants to kill her and her ex to do it when him and I were not in the same car so , she got mad at him and those 3 were fighting and my ex went to go punch my friend  (rollseyes) I had pinned him down so he wouldn't punch her . What was funny was he had a mouth full of Doritos , he spit them in her hair ( gross I know as I am still laughing about it )  So we stopped at an Indian reservation seeing how it was still my birthday my ex bought me a pair of moccasins, well I was putting one shoe on , then the ex came to rush me on getting a pair  so that one shoe fit and I just threw it back into the box and he paid for them  and hit the road again . 

Still heading to the Grand Canyon we left a state ( I don't remember which )  I was asked about not wearing the shoes I just got  so to make the ex happy  I put one on and put the other one on ..... can you believe seeing how I was rushed  to grab a pair and go I didn't notice I had 2 right shoes !!!  My friend looked at me and knew something was wrong and asked what ... I told her not to say anything and told her about the shoes ... she told her ex and he went and told my ex . He came back to the car asking about the shoes .  I got yelled at .

We finally get to the Grand Canyon all we did was spent 45 minutes there and we got back into the car and were looking for a hotel room ... well , every room around the Grand Canyon  was taken , we were told we have to book a room a year in advance for any room surrounding the Grand Canyon in all those states .  We all slept in the car and the men took turns driving . Not sure what state we were in , we stopped at a hotel and relaxed for a bit and went to the water  park by the hotel and went on some water rides :biggrin:  then my friend didn't want to go on the water rides and complained  til we left . I went swimming at the hotel to get away from everyone , I didn't have any fun this whole trip  so we all decided to just start driving home  the next day . 

Driving home trip  what ever ex was driving the female sat in front with her ex to be fair and not cramp in the back ... so I was up front , I was always looking at the gas gauge to make sure we wouldn't run out of gas !!  My ex was all like "we have a half tank , we will be fine till the next gas station" ... Okay so we were driving still quarter of a tank , "we will be fine till the next station" still driving almost on E later WTH we are almost out of gas !!!  So we had to get off the expressway , no telling how far the next gas station was driving in the middle of nowhere . Looking for a gas station  we saw a house pulled into the driveway , a dog started barking( Big Dog) my ex tells me to get out , knock on the door and ask where the gas station is  pffft,  no way did I go ... we all voted that seeing how he refuse to take my warnings he had to go ask  the people . He went and asked  we got the gas and drove home . 

That vacation was the worst ever!

Archived