DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brown Ajah Travel Week: Travels through Imagination

Mrs. Cindy Gill

Welcome to the Brown Ajah's Travel Week :)

I've never been one for roaming the world, though I often wander far afield in my imagination.

If you could go anywhere in time, space, or mind, to a world already created, or one yet to be imagined - where would you go, with whom, and why? how would you get there? what would you seek? what would you find? how would you live, and would you come back?

Would you companion yourself into a TARDIS trip? Stow away on The Enterprise? Take one small step and a giant leap through a Stargate? Steal the keys to the Millenium Falcon and take her for a spin?

Would you seek out lost Gallifrey, or some planet in the Duniverse? Maybe look for a cozy hobbit hole or a dangerous adventure in Middle Earth?

Perhaps go back to an earlier time right here on earth? Try to survive a Dakota winter with the Wilders? Roar through the 20s and get back before the crash?

Or maybe try your luck in an unknown future.... Would you brave the zombie apocalypse to hang with Daryl Dixon? See if Metropolis is as dystopian as Fritz Lang predicted, or just a good place for superheroes to blend in?

It's all up to you. You can go anywhere, any when, do anything with anyone (insert PG13 reminder here), take a vacation is some well trodden memory, or set out on an unknown path.

Tell your story in words, pictures, songs... it's your story, tell it any way you like :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start off with one of my own other worlds.

I don't know how I got there... it's more how I got here that puzzles me.

I've always known that I am not of this world. My home planet is called xipxonia.

I know it's true because I'd have made up a better name if it was fictional. and the fact that it's never capitalized is telling.

I don't remember much about my journey to earth except the starfield. clouds of silver and white and blue and red and brown and yellow diamonds piercing the black void. I suspect I was asleep for most of it. I'd confabulated some nonsense about an intergalactic stork trip as a toddler but looking back on it at five, I realized it was just an ordinary spaceship that brought me here.

My home world is much prettier than this one. There are endless fields of grasses and trees, in shimmering neon colors, heavy toward the blue-violet end of the spectrum but a bit of everything. Rich rusty brown fields easily turned for planting. I clearly remember growing fried chicken cutlets and lobster tails, and great rows of macaroni and cheese. There may have been a French fry patch but I think that was a McDonald's commercial.

The waters of xipxonia are deep and still, and while there are no crowded cities befouling the horizon above ground, there are many domed sub aquatic population centers. The water is clear enough to see them sparkling in the right light. The dolphins that provide communication and transport swear they're lovely places, but I've never visited. I'm content to swim the surface waters, or rock myself to sleep in the houseboat I keep for when I'm tired of the treehouse.

I spent most of my childhood traveling back to my home, and if I don't stop myself I'll go back there now and I may have trouble finding my way back here. so many good friends I've missed... and the playgrounds were free of supervision and wicked fun.

But I've grown fond enough of earth to stay a bit longer.

So.. where do y'all hang out?

Wow, what a question! You know, it's hard to believe that I've never been asked this considering what I, and my friends, like to read and watch.  I'm going to take a little to think about this and get back to you.  Just wanted to let you know I'm pondering it though!

Well, I wouldn't really like to go to an imagined world as my imagination is sadly lacking  :laugh: No doubt I would be incredibly bored  :tongue:

What I would like more than anything is place not unlike Monsters Inc factory. Ok hear me out....

So you know in Monsters Inc there are all these doors than you can go through and they all lead to a child's bedroom in order for the monsters to scare them?

Instead of leading to the child's bedroom I would like each of the doors to lead to different places in all the fantasy book worlds I have ever read. That would just be SO AWESOME. And then I could visit all the worlds, there would probably be people in this world doing the same thing, so it would be a like whole new career, and there would be scientists all studying it and it would be just so wonderful...

I'd love to go back and watch everything happen.

I think you'd have to throw out the prime directive bc I don't believe the time paradox is possible.

and if it is... cool.

I've spent a lot of time wandering through clan of the cave bear except Ayla doesn't really discover everything. that's more like the condensed Madonna sue version. but watching how we got from there to here would be...

I was going to say better than archaeology but the puzzle is fun too.

I'm picturing a rewind button and all those bones rising from their strata and refleshing and telling me whether any Neanderthal DNA got through afterall and how anyone managed to convince cats to cuddle.

and were we really aquatic.... I feel like I was, but where are the bones...

um, yeah, anyway. good one.

Ahhh!!!!! Such a hard question!

So many places!!!!

At the moment because I'm such an obsessive person, I would have to say the land of all the fairy tales in the Once Upon A Time series, where they all exist, all the characters. Unlimited potential for all the characters I can imagine to be right there...such an amazing place.

And along the same line, I would take a trip inside the Once Upon A Time Mad Hatter's hat, it's basically Blank's Monsters Inc. idea, but the hat is a portal into another dimension which has doors that lead to different realms. I guess it's also like Nightmare Before Christmas, the tree doors into the different holiday towns...

Take a year at Hogwarts...preferably while Harry wasn't there, it's dangerous when he's around XD

Have a free pass to a nice hobbit hole whenever things get too stressful and I just want to go.

Of course, being the Doctor's companion...yes please!!! So much unbelievable yes please, it's like a whole universe of fantasy holidays within a fantasy holiday! Bigger on the inside, if you know what I mean   ;p

A world where music was visible, not just audible. That is basically my idea of heaven.

Oh, and I would absolutely love to spend a good while inside the plot of a musical. In some place where you can have an emotion and suddenly have a song to go with it, which you then get to sing as loud as you want, and not only that, but other people will know both the lyrics and the choreography, and join in! And face it, how much less confusing would life be with background music and expository solos?  :p

I'd pick once more, with feeling. bunnies! it could be bunnies!

oh yeah living in the tardis forever and a day, but I'd hide out somewhere he couldn't companion me cause companions get ditched.

I'm a bit leery of fairy tales because all the ones I know are so grim but I guess everything really is once you're part of the story.

but the hobbit hole... a nice, dry one with full pantries and a summer and winter kitchen and a gardener and a wine cellar oh yes.

there's a few dozen spare suites in mine. you can stay if you like.

Oh!! That reminds me!!

A cruise!

No, wait, the Cruise.

The DM Cruise.

This is of course the imaginary cruise that I like to pretend will happen one day when one of us somehow attains some extraordinary amount of money and can afford to buy a cruise that will go around the world and pick up all the DMers from all over and we shall all have one giant party on this massive DM Cruise Ship. Which someone will name something appropriately nerdy of course. *nodnod*

The Black Pearl. Nuff said!!!

Ooooooo wooooow...... I just wanna be able to do this:

66694e2d21cf658bf.jpg

:p

I played at Middle Earth and Harry Potter and who-knows-WoT... seewhatIdidthere ... soooo much as a kid, I don't think I'd have any problems integrating myself in one of the worlds XD

WAIT - dream imagination world travel::: Magically gallop through some window in time and space with my horse somehow land in the middle of a cavalry in a certain LotRverse and be a badass shieldmaiden of Rohan. Yes, please.

alas, earwax real world...*sigh* XD

Oh!! That reminds me!!

A cruise!

No, wait, the Cruise.

The DM Cruise.

This is of course the imaginary cruise that I like to pretend will happen one day when one of us somehow attains some extraordinary amount of money and can afford to buy a cruise that will go around the world and pick up all the DMers from all over and we shall all have one giant party on this massive DM Cruise Ship. Which someone will name something appropriately nerdy of course. *nodnod*

EVERYONE PLAY LOTTO *nodnod* If I ever get lucky, this will so happen. I even know the ship already, it's a three mast sailing ship and I took a voyage course on it, it's called the Spirit Of Adventure and it's perfect and I know how it works and it can easily fit us all in and it will be splendiferous. *sage nod*

XD

But oook, if yous want a cruise ship..

Ooooooo wooooow...... I just wanna be able to do this:

66694e2d21cf658bf.jpg

:p

^^ This!

I've read a lot of Stephen King books and I'll stay out of those for sure!

In fantasy...I'd love to visit Narnia, meet Aslan, and sail with Prince Caspian to Ramandu's Island. I'd like to hang with Mr. Tumnus, Reepicheep, and most of all Trumpkin. 

I'd also stow away on the Enterprise! Prime directive? What prime directive.

In the real world I'd like to go way back to see the dinosaurs for myself, hang out with some cavemen, and get back before the ice age. I'd spend some time in Ancient Greece and see if there really was a place called Atlantis. Then hit up Egypt to see the pyramids being built, take a ship over to Rome and have a bath, then I'd jump to Medieval England, spend some time in court as a ladies maid and dance with a prince. :) 

used to meander the post apocalyptic streets of Brooklyn in my long ago. which only differed from the preapocalyptic streets in population. little more rubble maybe.

just me. free and safe. humans were always dangerous so eliminate them and all danger is eliminated.

and stores full of toys and food and stuff and things... lol, we were very poor, and surrounded by those who were not I craved stuff and things.

very twilite zone character to the mental scene but I kept a spare pair of glasses.

Archived