DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gleeman's Month: Random Words

U4ea

Anyone can play this one, you don't have to consider yourself a "writer" or even write anything other than a standard response. 

Here's how Random Words works:

The first post will contain 10 words that don't seem to have anything to do with each other.

The person who responds must not only respond to the post (like a normal conversation), you must use as many of the ten words from the previous post as possible, bold and underlining them so we can get an accurate count. You get one point for each word you use in your response and the one with the most points at the end of the month wins HAPPY  MAIL FROM LOR! :) 

After you've responded, you have to add 10 seemingly random words that the next person has to use. 

Rules: 

*You can only get credit for the words in the post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS! If someone has already responded, you can't use that word list and must use the new list, instead! 

For example:

Words: random, ugly, computer, telephone, gecko, dragon, hippopotamus, book, cat, door

My conversation starter: 

My daughter grabbed my telephone today and to keep her from dialing random numbers, I distracted her with a book. This allowed me to get my phone back, which was great! Of course, my cat then runs through the den, darting into the library. Not only does my daughter start her normal "CAT-CAT!" at seeing him run by, but his race is followed by a crash. I later find that he has jumped on my desk, knocking a dragon book into the floor and freaking out the gecko that is currently in a tank on top of my computer. When I try to chase the cat, he darts through the kitchen door, leaving a rather ugly trail of torn paper in his wake. 

By my calculations, that's 9 points for me (the only word I didn't use was hippopotamus).

New words: diaper, kitchen, sign, sword, flower, doll, bear, scissors, picture, couch

No seriously, that happened to me today. People wonder why I'm as excited about the cat taking a nap as the kids! 

I'll keep the score in this post and update it as often as I can. :) 

Who's in? What's Your Score?

(your first post will get you added to this list!)

Loraine- 10

Cindy- 10

Harry- 20

Ryrin- 30

Lady- 10

Taltos- 10

Your first list: diaper, kitchen, sign, sword, flower, doll, bear, scissors, picture, couch

Good luck and have fun! :) 

diaper, kitchen, sign, sword, flower, doll, bear, scissors, picture, couch

the diaper was a mess, I had to run to the kitchen to clean up....that child never gets beets again. I consider that shade if red a sign from god. I swear on my sword, if I never see another beet flower again it will be too soon.

it was never like this when I played with my doll, or my teddy bear. even when I cut their hair... or fur... too close with scissors, I never made a mental picture of such violent ickiness.

I'm just gonna sit on this couch and close my eyes till I can forget.

dragon, mirror, walk, crustacean, sushi, rye, hawk, medallion, birthday, explosion

(ill have to format when I'm back on a pc, sorry)

quick edit for word count: 10!

I had a dream while laying down on the couch.

A dragon looked in the mirror as he prepared for his date with a crustacean. The date would consist of a walk on the beach followed by dinner consisting of sushi for food sandwiches with rye bread.  Little did they know that a hawk would be their server.  The hawk was a former soldier who had won a medallion for saving many people from an explosion. They got a cake by mistake because the hawk thought it was the crustacean's birthday.

stain, forest, stairs, ticket, paradise, paw, crown, injury, ring, vitamins

Word Count: 10!!

I was thinking about a day trip to the forest,  The outdoors have always felt like paradise.  I had just gotten back from taking my husband to the dentist for another crown and stopping at the store to get my daily vitamins.  While walking down the stairs holding a cup of coffee, I tripped over the cat's paw and spilled the coffee making a huge stain.  The injury to my ankle looked pretty severe.  I had also scratched up my other hand with my wedding ring.  Since I was in a lot of pain, my husband raced me to the ER and received a ticket for speeding.  That trip to the forest will just have to wait.

Child   Dessert   Rain   Fork   Television   Boat   Leash   Book   Stone   Carpet

You're not going to believe how true this is, but... *coughs*

My child refuses to eat anything that's not a cheese sandwich these days. She gets food on her fork, then just lets it fall on the carpet. It annoys me like you wouldn't know. Tonight, it fell on this pink leash she got from Build-A-Bear Workshop that was laying on the floor, which meant a really  big clean up for me. She then throws a hissy fit because she can't have dessert, but she didn't eat her dinner, so that's a gimme. 

After dinner, I took the girls to get a bath, where the toddler likes playing with this boat that my husband built for her. It's a model of a DiVinci paddle boat, which is really cool and paddles all over the bathtub. After bathtime, we watched television, which for my kids means Sprout (if you don't know what that is, try to keep it that way as long as possible!). 

As I was putting them to bed, I stepped on a painted stone that my oldest and I worked on a few weeks ago on Mama and Peanut day. We had to do inside crafts because of the rain.

After the insanity of today, all I want to do is curl up with a book!!! 

(I hit all 10! squee!!)

New words:

lizzard   front   crayon   yoga    mailbox    CD's       sticky        green        worm     light

While I was leaving for my yoga class, I almost tripped on a large crayon on the floor.  I left the porch light on as I would get back after dark.  I grabbed the mail out of the mailbox and then I noticed both a green lizard and a worm in my front yard.  When I got in the car, I had to pick up the CD's my son left on the seat and throw out his sticky taffy left behind from our trip to the coast.

Roof   BBQ   Sewing   Dog   Hay   Cold   Movie   Darkness   Paint   Choir

Word Count: 10!

(So best part...I can use all these and write something true) 

The storm last week brought down the top of the air circulation vent on our roof.  We still need to fix it. It was amusing because the first clue I had it fell down was the small dog making a yarp of terror in the darkness. The same storm made things briefly cold in relation to usual summer weather. It was nice. On the 4th we had BBQ (sort of. We used the grill. Love bratwurst) and talked about our next upcoming sewing night while we sat down by the lake, which (thankfully) they mow around it regularly. Otherwise what you have is unmown hay for the most part the grass gets so tall. Also under discussion, which movie to see next because there are so many! On my list of things to figure out for the next two weeks is if I will have time to paint the garage door and I need to remember to ask my son if he is interested in considering choir at some point since he likes to sing. 

There you go! 

Words: song   purple   fish   rain   swarm   calendar  cup   novel  drive   oregano 

I was listening to the song Purple Rain one day.  I was making spaghetti and was just about to add the oregeno to the sauce when I had a novel idea.  I took a look at my calendar and decided that this weekend would be perfect for a drive to the lake.  I made it to the lake and was sitting at the edge with a cup of soda in my hand enjoying the nice lake breeze and the smell of the air.  Upon looking in the lake, I saw a swarm of fish just underneath the surface.  Too bad I didn't bring my fishing pole.

New Words: Compact Disc(one word), cat, dinner, candle, boy, boots, ivory, towel, toy, book

I was listening to a book on CD.  It was about politics and it just reinforced my belief that politicians live in an ivory tower.  The cat kept interrupting me, meowing for treats and was playing with her toy.  I needed to get dinner ready before my boy got home.  I lit a candle on the table.  When he got home, I told him to pick up his towel and boots That were on the floor in the living room.

Army  Restaurant  Sandals  Princess  Sea  Kite   Bridge   Sky   Sister  Blue 

That reminnds me of a time I was drivin in a car with my sister, insofar as she was listning to her cds in the car. She was drivin so I naturaly felt liek we wuold drive off a bridge evrytime we went over one. We wer returning from seeing the sea, walkng the beach with, naturaly, no sandals, and I felt high as a kite. The sun was begining to go down in the sky and it was actualy a prety cloudless day so cuold see how blue it is for once. We talkd for awhiel which was better than listning to her horrible music, includin talking abuot our grandfathre who had been in the Irish repubicann army and how much she wuold treat any future daughters she had liek a princess, befoer we finaly arrived at a local italian restuarannt and finished up with a nice meal together.

NEW WORDS: crank, antipsychotics, volition, intrepid, clown, sacrilege, moaning, trawler, winnowing, grandiose

Wow, you don't make it easy, do you!?! LOL Alright, here we go... *rubs hands together*

I stared at the crank, unable to  believe it had decided to break. The small trawler motor had been a gift from a friend, someone with plans more grandiose than mine had ever been. To say that about a trawler should've told you how little I planned and how low I set my expectations to begin with, I suppose. For years I had been winnowing through my inheritance and I was down to this, a sacrilege of a boat that wore paint like a clown wore makeup, a medicine cabinet full of antipsychotics, and a moaning Dodge Intrepid that refused to leave the driveway of it's own volition.

It was shaping up to be a great Tuesday. 

hehehehe

New Words:     wild, duck, rain, classroom, water, cake, Egyptian, refrigerator, book shelf, map

It was too bad that the Dodge wouldn't work.  I hear they have a new Egyptian exhibit at the museum.  Instead I'll stay here at my desk eating my cake, but first I'll go get a class of water.  On the refrigerator, I saw a map that I had found in the classroom showing a way through the local forest and decided I might take a walk.  I went back to my room and finished the cake while reading a book.  After placing the book on my book shelf, I headed out into the wild.  The map led me to a lake.  There was a duck swimming in the lake and I decided to sit and watch until I felt the first drop of rain coming down.  It was time to head home.

New words: league, awesome, leather, game, tear, dishes, movie, only, window, door

Ive never heard of a class of water, but it soun awesome. I dont really own any glass cups or dishes - they are only clay, basicallyy. When out in th wild I somtimes get the urge to go huntingg or at least stalk somthing, possibly get soem game and make some leather from it - I am very in league,attuned, to nature. I go barefoot everywher Im alowed; barely evre get hurt for it, ocasionaly get a tear in th skin but it barely hurtts and heals in couple days. In my opinin, bein active and outdoors is beter than any othre recreaton, including watchin a movie or playin a virtual game. My home is very eco friendly, havingg only oen door and window to reducce heat loss in winter and th walls are earthen which is beest form of insulation.

New words: gambit, hygiene, Freudian, velvety, fleas, scramble, tragic, elitist, Celts, virginal 

• 3 weeks later...

She was in class and picked up her book on the history of the ancient Celts. This was so much better than the elitist Freudian class she was forced to take last semester. She looked up from her desk and noticed fleas surrounding a classmate. What poor hygiene he must have! It's tragic when one has such poor self care that creatures with velvety wings scramble around. She refocused herself to the task at hand, just like she did when she tried a new gambit in the chess game last night. Why do ancient cultures find virginal attributes so valuable?

Mythology Immigration Extraterrestrial Colonial Inaugural Costume Marriage Logo Gender Nature

Nature playys a tremenduos role in virtuly all ancient indigenuos mythology. Some peple in the modern world liek to attribute the uniformitty of cros-cultural logo and symbolls to th influence of inteligent extraterrestriall life, but this is a very gros and uneducatted philosophy, underminning the ingenuity and imagination of th human animal and very simple explanatons such as immigration of ideas and peple. Anciennt man, with lack of modern noise an distrction, had plennty of time to observ the heavns and th world aruond him, and the aesthestics of it and its mysterry was the marriage that produced many ideas regrding the worship of nature that reoccur evrywhere in the anciennt world, such as costume-wearing to reprsent the forces of natuer or to please them..The presence of othre ideas across many cultures cuold be a result of cultural diffusionn, such as colonial peoplles living amongst an indigenuos people and exchnging ideas with each other. Mans own self and gender roles also hav a large precesnse in many mythologies, and in some is inaugural to gender inequlity or preference.

New words: synchronise, taiga, powers, traitor, constipation, gregarious, gelid, thistle, agonising, inspiration 

Archived