DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Complete set of all 14(or 15) books?

Audun Grun

Hi.

I originally started reading WoT when I was just a little lad, and now, 12 years later, I am returning to the series.

Starting at Eye of the World I'm planning to buy all 14 books and complete the series. Tbh I have not read any books since I quit reading WoT all those years ago, and I had no idea how hard the online books stores were to use. So I'm begging you guys, to please help me through my OCD here.

I want to buy all the books for my collection. I bought the EotW in the limited slipcase version, only to find out that it was the only book released. I want to buy all the books in hardback, and matching. I think the Orbit one looks really nice. Could someone please help me with the ISBNs to the complete series? Or at least point me in the direction of a good online store where I can buy the complete set? Either in a box set or as single books.

I'm sorry about turning up here and asking like this, not participating in the forum, but I'm so scared about spoilers, that I do not dare just yet.

Again, I would be greatly in your debt if you could please help me, so I don't end up with unmatching books in my library (that currently holds EotW Limited edition, How to survive a Zombie Apocalypse and the Bro Code;P)

There's actually a pretty good site called SFBC.com. They have a good program where the first five books are one dollar each, no restrictions. The only catch after that is that you agree to buy two or four books over the next year, which you would obviously meet the requirements. It's not one of those monthly subscription types. Also the books are priced far lower than anywhere I've seen. A word of caution with this website. PAY ATTENTION. They have monthly picks that if you do not reject will be charged and shipped to you. You can easily avoid this by cancelling after you've gotten all of the books or by rejecting the monthly picks. I highly recommend them because I have been using them for about seven years, 

I manage to solve this by myself with the help of books.google.com, and bought al of the books from Barns&Noble.

If anyone else comes up with the same problem. Here's the list:

Volume        Book             ISBN

1 Eye of the World 9780312850098

2 The Great Hunt 9781429960137

3 Dragon Reborn 9781429960168

4 Shadow Rising 9781429960199

5 Fires of Heaven 9781429960373

6 Lord of Chaos 9781429960533

7 Crown of Swords 9781429960571

8 Path of Daggers 9781429960595

9 Winter's Heart 9780812575583

10 Crossroads of Twilight 9781429960748

11 Knife of Dreams 9781429960816

12 Gathering Storm 9781429960830

13 Towers of Midnight 9781429960632

14 A Memory of Light 9781429997171

Happy reading!  So you know, this site is pretty good about keeping spoilers away.  You should be able to get a good idea of what threads to avoid by reading the titles.  Just stay away from wot.wikia.  Very easy to look something up and then read just one sentence too far.  I spoiled a part of book 14 that way looking up something I thought was completely innocent... :(

All my books are Orbit and are paperback until book 8 and then full size from book 9 onwards, because I could not wait for the paperback versions to come out :D

I have seen a few Tor hardbacks around in second-hand shops, but I prefer the Orbit versions, they are awesome!!

I forgot to add:

The quality of the hardcover books (Book I-VI-VII): 

pre 2000: freesheet paper =  high quality

between 2000-2005-2006: middle-good quality (I think the proper term is groundwood), poor binding 

2006-2013: clearly groundwood paper, very poor binding

• 1 month later...

Bad news (OK, disappointing but not surprising) from Orbit regards the slipcase editions, I've just received the following email response from an enquiry to Orbit:

"We are no longer printing any editions of Wheel of Time in the edition that you are enquiring about.

I am sorry that I cannot help you any further

All my best

Carol Donnelly

Sales Department Supervisor"

Like the first poster here, I assumed that if they were publishing one in that edition then they'd publish the whole series (hell, it even says "Book One" in big letters on the spine!). I was hoping to buy and read (my first time) the whole series in this edition which is why, after two years, I contacted Orbit to see what was going on. Now I don't know what to do. I guess that book didn't sell as well as they'd hoped.

It was probably too expensive to do it for limited editions for all 14. It looks like it was a test run. I am more interested in what the graphic novels are doing. I own Volume One of the Eye of The World, but have not heard or seen anything more. I do not want to by the comics as they have only 10 pages if you are lucky. Any news?

I live in NZ.

Bad news (OK, disappointing but not surprising) from Orbit regards the slipcase editions, I've just received the following email response from an enquiry to Orbit:

"We are no longer printing any editions of Wheel of Time in the edition that you are enquiring about.

I am sorry that I cannot help you any further

All my best

Carol Donnelly

Sales Department Supervisor"

Like the first poster here, I assumed that if they were publishing one in that edition then they'd publish the whole series (hell, it even says "Book One" in big letters on the spine!). I was hoping to buy and read (my first time) the whole series in this edition which is why, after two years, I contacted Orbit to see what was going on. Now I don't know what to do. I guess that book didn't sell as well as they'd hoped.

They have to understand: lower prices will attract more customers.

Archived