Aiel Heart

Official Vote Count
With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch
Time (1): Chuckles
Maddy (6): Panchi, WoT13, Peace, Hallia, Tina, Mawth
Cloud (1): Razen, Krak, Piano
Cyan (1): BG
Piano (1): Cloud, Csarmi
Csarmi (9): Tina, Luci, Peace, Mawth, Piano, Razen, Panchi, Dav, BG, (+Csarmi)

Not voting: Hallia, WoT13, Dice, Hisoka

Deadline

That's a lynch. Scene incoming

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And this will be short sweet and to the point because I just woke up. 

Csarmi sighed as he started to go through it again. How to make these people see? He wasn't team and and he was sure maddy hadn't been either.

"Whatever the case, we're out of time" BG said, looking nervously at Mistress Heart. She was showing signs of impatience, and last time that had happened, she'd just knocked out a random pokemon. "This is the one we want, Ma'am."

"Excellent." Mistress Heart stood. Csarmi held out his pokeball to her. She blinked. "Thank you."

Suspicious of a trick, she called out "Swellow!" as she threw Csarmi's pokeball. Swellow flew and knocked out the smaller pokemon before it had a chance to try anything.

A meditite lay on the ground.

"Gardevoir?"

The Gardevoir floated over to the meditite and stared for a long minute. Everyone held their breath. Had they finally found another one?

Gardevoir looked up at Mistress Heart

"Not one of the thieves." She sighed and sat down. "Well, that was long and exhausting. Let's all give our pokemon a stretch, shall we? Chimecho?"

Chimecho's bells rang out, and it started to rain.

Csarmi, Trainer of Medidite, League Trainer, has been knocked out of the competition

Pokedex information:

No information available

The deadline is in 48 hours. Will consider extending if a large number of NAs are still not in by then.

Dap is mafia. Razen and Panchi are also pinging. I'm still unsure about Peace, and I will have to go back and reread the interactions etc. Anyway, I think we should also pressure the newbies, because that would be a very very easy place for mafia to hide and go by unnoticed.

Cyans case is almost done

But this first cos its quick

Right so these are from two different games. The first this this game. The Pokemon game, the second is the Underworld game (which I'm alive in so won't comment on)

Anyway I want to point out that cloud tries to use something I called him and chuckles out for on this game in that game. However in that game he was mafia

So that begs the question why use that reasoning specifically.

Now I think it's cos it struck a nerve this game so cloud thought he could look more town in the Underworld game by using something that a mafia has slipped up with before.

This is the Pokemon game. I used this logic against cloud

Cloud and hally, you two still havent given any reason on your votes

Have you skimmed through the whole of Day 1 or something?! Sheesh.. I will give some extra thoughts once I had some breakfast. I see that RTE has now started distancing from his teammate though.

Vote RTE

??

i see no reasoning here, its just you voting, you didnt even say for previously stated reasons or anything

Fair enough

And then this is the underworld game where he tried to use the same logic against me (except he didnt quite get it right but you can still see what he was going for)

Incidentally with chuckles as well involved

yello

@darthe: do you like getting lynched D1 or did you finally accept that teh gods of random.org just dont like you?

Chuckles makes a "joke" that implies he thinks Darthe is mafia because he posted a crazy theory.

Hey ithi

Chuckles what are you implying by that? Seems like you are suggesting he is mafia

I agree.

how am i even implying that?

its clearly a joke and its dripping in sarcasm

Chuckles is backpaddeling and says it was just a joke.

making up random theories isnt really protown in anyway is it

And after Dap's post where he explained why he thinks Chuckles' post wasn't a joke, he comes back to his original post and explains that making up random theories isn't protown. Huh, so it wasn't a joke after all?

No

But sometimes it is awfully fun. Just keep em to yourself

And Dap let's it slip...

Vote Dap

I've got the feeling he is calling me out for it cos he thinks its the same thing I called him out for in the Pokemon game

Can't meta it yet until he is dead in either game yet

My point isn't the logic itself of letting a comment "slip"

To me if cloud were town this game and got called out like that he wouldn't think it was a legitimate reason to use because in the Pokemon game I'd either be mistaken town or mafia trying to paint him and chuckles scummy (and he seems sure I'm mafia now so why use something in that game he thought a mafia used in this game). So he wouldn't use it himself when trying to appear town

However if he was mafia (especially if he was a team with chuckels) he would think

"That was something I got called out for when I was mafia, so it's obviously a thing I can use that in future to appear more town"

So he used it

The fact is he saw enough merit in that to use it again (be it to appear protown rather than scum hunt) so there had to be some merit in it here

Ill do a full case on cloud in a bit and see if there are anymore chuckles links. But I wanted to get that nugget out there now that he flipped in one of the games

In the mists, Luci paced back and forth. She couldn't see clearly, tripped over the edge of Mistress Heart's dais and hit her head on the corner.
Mistress Heart gestured to Hariyama "Take her to the Infirmary in the Mansion. I'll need another servant to step in..."
"I will Ma'am!"
"Ah, Tress, I didn't see you there! Very well; you take her place"
Tress took Luci's pokeball and disappeared into the rain.

Tress will be replacing Luci

Night Deadline

Desp I know I for one still harbor deep reservations about RTE, and the whole interaction between him and Darthe is telling.

I don't think RTE being on scum lists is a surprise. Or in itself a scum tell.

Ooh this is interesting

So who was on despos list that Berf wanted to protect

Catching up real quick. Yay we bagged scum. Now on the next one.

:baalzamon:

/Jay-Z'd

/Illuminati'd

@Turin: Yes, looks like it is mod confirmed now. I just have a thing about people saying something is confirmed before it actually is, little pet peeve of mine. Anyhoo, this continues to make me sketchy about Ithi's alignment considering she was sure much earlier that there were two mafia teams.

Maddy has responded a few times about her gameplay, but has continued to dodge the specific questions about her knowing about meta and that "Darthe is always obvious as mafia" statement.

Cloud setting up RTE's lynch tomorrow still seems sketchy to me. Ithi's recent flip flop on his alignment makes me believe even more that he is town, and Cloud and others continuing to push the "Darthe distracting from RTE's lynch" angle pings to me.

I am also baffled as to why Darthe has given himself away as mafia so easily lately.

@Cyan: fence-sitting doesn't always indicate scum, but mafia will often fence-sit and make ambiguous comments so as to try and keep their opinions and alignments from being discerned by town. Of course there are times when I am unsure about a particular discussion, and am still considering multiple angles. But noting things like fence-sitting, contradictions, and setting up of lynches is what good scunhunters try to do.

My top scum suspects:

Madness, Ithi, Cloud, Cyan

There we go

So ithi was town

That leaves Maddy, cloud, and cyan

Very likely there is atleast one mafia there (pity Maddy is on that list. Would of been much more useful without Maddy)

But notice the cyan theme reoccurring

That's the thing I was talking about

So Maddy flipped town. That leaves cloud and cyan

Berf was protecting one of them IMO

So cyan

Geez.

Hi peoples.

Checks in

A lot has been going on but no thoughts on cyans part yet

Razen, that is exactly right. I didn't even consider beforehand if it was within the rules or not to self vote. The unvote was definitely tongue in cheek, and also, no-one wants to keep a vote on themselves, yes?

I may be partial in this, but anyone basing a case on this is stretching at best.

Jumping in what Razen said to explain away your vote? Generally people think before putting a vote on themselves in the first place, then they dont have to worry about taking if off again.

Now isnt that odd. Out of all that cyan only comments on Berf. Someone we know is mafia. Weird person to single out in the grand scheme of things

Now people start looking into characters and Pokemon

(It looks like the mafia have not been given fake claims so its understandable they will get twitchy and try divert the attention)

Is it actually important to know this?

And look who reacts in a "lets not talk about this" kinda way

Then a period of silence.

And we are back!

My real pokemon is Abra.

Beware!

Uh so you lied about your pokemon?

Cyan returns and comments on the post directly before hand

Leaves out all the stuff actually happening on thread

Anyway maybe she was still reading right?

(Still missing thoughts from her first check in though)

Its really bothering me how fast this train is growing. Its still the first day you know. Why is everyone in such a rush to lynch RTE? Though Ill admit the votes, and unvotes, are very interesting.

Then she comes along with this. After the little push toward lynching RTE with his lying about his Pokemon (which he said was a joke)

She comes back with a different tune

Now she is apprehensive about the RTE train but throws in that stuff about interesting unvotes and votes. Never explains what was interesting or what she saw in the those interesting voting patterns

Enough.Vote RTE

For reasons already stated. So inconsistent. Possible slip up with Darthe. And you know what? Even if he IS town, he isn't helping town in the slightest. If he is already causing this much trouble on day 1, then I'm sorry I don't want to be around for day 3 or 4 or whatever. Fair enough most Day 1's are pretty random, but even saying that, there is a limit to what is random, and what stands out like a sore thumb.

Begone with you.

Soo you echo whats already been pointed out and then defend your vote incase he does flip town?

Berf says something and cyan drops everything to distance from him

Ok. General question. Based on my (albeit flawed) play style thus far what is the likelihood that I am scum?

82%

89% of stastics are made up on the spot :)

And nothing important to see here

Berf response to cyan

As to the first, I don't know what more can be added. As to the second, yes I am explaining my position?

I initially thought RTE was just being random, but then when called on it he wigged out and started claiming roles. WHY????? It makes no sense. His play makes no sense. I ask myself why would a town play like that, and I can't see a reason to it.

So until RTE settles on one consistent story that I am willing to believe, my vote will remain as he is the scummiest player on radar at this present time, by a wide margin.

And I'm going to bed. Do we want to start a betting pool as to how many notifications this game will rack me up in 8 or so hours?

I call 150-159.

@Berf saying for reasons already stated is never a good idea. And fair enough I suppose. Though to me it sounds like you dont really think hes mafia but want to lynch him anyways.

Now that's interesting. For reasons stated is never a good idea?

Atleast he has explained his reasons

Oh I have the perfect gif!

tumblr_mk1gyoKDH61qbcb48o3_500.gif

Lol

Anyway more distancing from cyan

115, if anyone was playing along.

So my weekend is pretty stacked but I'm happy with my vote being where it is.

I'm not sure who mentioned it but someone was concerned about the speed of which the RTE train is building up. I think what, we are maybe halfway to a lynch? If the current trends continue this will be a 3-4 day lynch, which is just about a 'normal' first day phase.

A few pages later Berf appears and calls out those who are talking about the speed of the train (cyan amount them)

Yup, Time and Cyan both commented about the speed of the train.

Someone points out the names of those involved but Berf is silent

Hm.

I went back and read over Darthe and RTEs interactions and it does seem a bit too convinent when combined with the one shot viewing.

The persentage thing means the only way to find out for sure if hes telling the truth is to lynch him. Even lynching Ithi wouldnt necessarily clear him. Though it doesntquite make sense to me why, if theyre both mafia, they would draw so much attention to themselves so early in the game.

RTEs play has been terribly off. Im not convinced hes mafia though. Hes certinally not helping town and his whole lynch me for info thing was really annoying. Lynching him isnt a bad option, I dont think its the best option for today tho.

I think Ithi is town for now.

Dap on the other hand was and is still buddying up to Ithi and thats made me rather suspicious of him as I dont see the logic of doing that as town.

Lollys 'case' against Time is rather weak and the fact that hes so focused on it is odd.

Tina blindly going along with Darthe also stood out to me. First we dont know if hes town. Second even if he is his reading might nit be accurate sooo yah.

Done now.

Im not placing my vote ye but I think today it will betwwen RTE, Darthe or Ithi and Id vote for one of the first two.

My thoughts;

RTE and Darthe together on a mafia team (I suspect two, not sure if that has been mentioned?). RTE is major panic, as his 'start of game being visible and active and not mafia' plan fell apart, the brains trust that is comes up with this false claim thing. Targets Ithi because she is calm, logical, and a big name to boot, a perfect target for these two personalities. RTE seems to be laying low now also, a further tell.

Also, 10%? Yes to possible failings on reads, that is beleivable. But 10% success? Or was it 10% failure? Either way, In a game that usually lasts what, 5-6 days, those numbers don't add up to me, coming from a game design point of view. You want to put in things that affect the game, not have a slight chance of affecting the game. Maybe a failure one in three, or a quarter of the time or something. But not 1 in 10.

Just feels right. I know Ithi pretty well, this isn't anywhere near panic and certain players are determined to paint her as scrambling. It's all adding up for me.

My plan: If it comes down to Lynch Darthe of Ithi, we lynch Darthe . From there, depending on what the alignment is, we vote either Ithi or RTE.

Look at those two posts

Notice the similarities but cyan makes sure to stay on the other side of some key arguments

Today was a rather long andvtiring, albeit aeesome day. Shall catch up tomorrow.

Atleast she took the time to let people know where she was. I appreciate that

I missed a lot. Vote Darthe. Come on that fake claim wasincredibly unnecessary. It seems like he was trying to stall the RTE train by whatever means necessary, reinforcing the idea that they might be working together. And then saying it was a fake claim when it started getting too hot. And then saying that what four? people were definately town? Thw only people who know other people are town, are mafia. I think hes the best option for a lynch today. I know absolutely nothing about pokemon but someone pointed out that the one he claimed is typically bad(?) which only adds to the reason to lynch him.RTEs change in playing style is disturbing too. As if hes trying to undo the damage and lay low for a bit. Hm.A few pages back I thibk was Despo asked whi I had Ithi on my list of people to lynch if I thought she was town. You misunderstood what I said, I believe. I said that I think todays lynch will be between Darthe Ithi and RTE (as in one of thise three will be lynched today) and since i had a town read on Ithi i will naturally be voting for one of the other two.Her recent almost buddyingness towards Despo and insitance that both mafia teams decided to defend RTE to get townie cred is odd though. It makes sense for one team to defend him if hes mafia and on theur team, but not if both did. What made you come to that conclusion?Also Im still a bit suspicuiis of Tina. Her imediate unvote and vote after Darthe announced his fake claim seemed a little bit too quick considering that she voted for Ithi as soon as Darthe gave his 'readng'

Btw Im not lurking, Im genuinly not around or am too exhausted to think properly. In a few days I shall have my computer back and be around a whole lot more.

And id like to say something about fense sitting. What exactly does it mean? That you dont have a definate opinion about someone? I dont see how thays a bad thing as I bet no one has an opinion of everyone. And opinions change as the game progresses. So is it better to just remain silent about the things you arent sure of?

Lovely :)

Darthe is always abviously mafia. We'll have to go for Rte and see why Time defended him and derailed his train.

I think despite protest RTE is mafia. His gaming and what he claimed has devided and confused people. Very scummy thing to do.

How can you say someone is always mafia when you havent played with them before...?

Ps: cyan's on a flight to beijing from the states

(So she won't be here tomorrow or today lol)

That explains her long absence

I was starting to think she had already been replaced and I missed that

Then the infamous over explained vote (despo covers this well so I've included him)

Hmmmmm.

I can't make up my mind about RTE. From his drastic change in play style and attitude I think I'm leaning more mafia. The whole spammy, distracting thing was suspicious but not overly condemning, though there soft claims laced throughout. But the fact that he gave up the whole 'lynch me for info' angle and started playing properly and trying to avoid notice perhaps? after Darthe took attention off of him makes it just that much more suspicious than it was before. He also seemed to know more than he shoud in regards to Darthe's claim. That one post in particular really stood out but uh Im not going to look for it. What I don't get though is if they were scum mates, RTE was pretty obviously going down, weather today or in the next few, so why sacrifice Darthe? Is it that important that he lives another day? Darthe didnt really seem to want to play as mafia though so maybe he didnt mind risking it. The other options dont seem as plausable. It doesnt make sense for Darthe to do what he did if he was trying to frame RTE, and nothing in mafia is ever just coincidence. But then the speed of his trains, both times, cant just be townies voting, though the two team mafia throws that off a bit.

Regardless, I think he's the right choice for today. This is going to continue being an issue and distracting from other things until resolved. Simplest way to do that is to lynch RTE.

So. Vote RTE.

Ping for overjustifying your vote. It's fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today, no need to act like you're carefully deliberating over it when your vote puts him at, what... L-2? Not sure lemme check.

But yeah Cloud did the same thing day 1 when voting for RTE. A lot of mafia tend to overjustify their vote when they're worried about it standing out.

(Plus more cloud evidence)

Not sure about it but sure enough to vote him. You and Maw both at it eh...vote cyan

I could really go with you or maw actually.

Correction, not sure of his alignment but sure that he needs to be lynched.

Interesting that she thinks he needs to be lynched even if he is town

Ping for overjustifying your vote. It's fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today, no need to act like you're carefully deliberating over it when your vote puts him at, what... L-2? Not sure lemme check.

But yeah Cloud did the same thing day 1 when voting for RTE. A lot of mafia tend to overjustify their vote when they're worried about it standing out.

Overjustifying? Thats a scary word. I think rambling is a better one. It something I tend to do when I'm tired. And in this case if mafia really wanted to slide by undectected, they'd just put a one or two liner, since as you pointed out 'its fairly clear that RTE is going to be the lynch today'.

Then she throws out the "if I was mafia I would of done it like this" line

Anyway this section has been covered so I think I'll cull a bit of it to save space

Kronos, why don't you just vote for RTE (or Madness)? Placing a vote on Cyan or Maw is kinda useless now.

The DL's not just yet ya know. There's still plenty of time to start other competing trains so votes on other people arent useless.

This still seems odd to me

I dunno it just stands out

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/82813-pokemon-mafia-iii-the-treasure-of-heart-island-night-3/?p=2962206

That's me looking at berfs posts. Read it

Lots of good points in there

Oh cyans being replaced now

Right so im skimmed up. TBH what i did was i read the first 12 pages then went to the various end phases and went either side of them for a few pages to get a sense of whos been voting for what. I did it this way to be able to take some part now.

i will completely read starting tomorrow night cause its the w/e

For now Im gonna get ahead of those who are sus of cyan who i am replacing I am a league trainer and am vanilla with a pokemon named Wurmple not one i know but i only ever kinda watched the cartoon.

I can buy daps case on Cloud. the only thing making me hesitate is that Dap has been making my gut twist since the start. For some reason I feel like he is trouble. It comes from the quoting and back and forth with ithi and rte. I want to read more before i decide to follow my gut.

i think csarmi is town because of what he has said about his pm

Im also wary of a lurky tina cause ive seen that move before from SK Tina

I agree on the Tina part

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wurmple_(Pokémon)

There's the stuff on wurmple

so tina is skimming then i see

Yup

Dice needs to post more

After Csarmis flip I'm a little more hesitant. Dice hasn't really said anything interesting thus far but cyan was scummy IMO

If I live through the night I will do cloud tomorrow. But this is all I've got for today

I think Cloud if scummier than cyan/dice tbh

nyway

That's me out for the day

115, if anyone was playing along.

So my weekend is pretty stacked but I'm happy with my vote being where it is.

I'm not sure who mentioned it but someone was concerned about the speed of which the RTE train is building up. I think what, we are maybe halfway to a lynch? If the current trends continue this will be a 3-4 day lynch, which is just about a 'normal' first day phase.

115? I love that song!! :)

In the mists, Luci paced back and forth. She couldn't see clearly, tripped over the edge of Mistress Heart's dais and hit her head on the corner.

Mistress Heart gestured to Hariyama "Take her to the Infirmary in the Mansion. I'll need another servant to step in..."

"I will Ma'am!"

Night Deadline

Evening all... I just got home from work... looks like a huge chunk of my day tomorrow will be spent reading up on the game.  :blink:

*mutters imprecations*

"I will Ma'am!"

Night Deadline

Evening all... I just got home from work... looks like a huge chunk of my day tomorrow will be spent reading up on the game.   :blink:

*mutters imprecations*

tumblr_mbopsjgLQu1qbpy9w.gif

Oh wait she's the Designated Driver of Drunk MafiaTM... Oh close enough XD

Archived