A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count
With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch
RTE (11): Chuckles, Razen, BG, Cloud, Hallia, berf, Mawth, Tina, Cyan, Dav, Kronos
Madness (6): Panchi, Despo, RTE, WoT13, Krak, Luc, Piano
Ley (0): Piano
Cyan (0): Kronos

Not voting: madness, Hisoka, peace

That's a lynch! Scene coming up!!!

Oh and I was going to push back the deadline if we needed it to but considering the amount of activity/votes we'd already had this day phase I figured it wasn't needed *shrug*

RTE leaned against a tree, sleeping. All of the other trainers glared at him. He'd woken up a few times since the sun started shining again, but hadn't said much. After how talkative he was yesterday, this just angered the trainers more. What was he up to?!?! Whatever it was it couldn't be good. 

One trainer kicked his boot. "Well? Do you have anything to say to defend yourself?"

RTE opened one eye, smiled up at the trainer, rolled over and went back to sleep. 

Kronos looked to Mistress Heart. "Madame, this is the trainer we choose for today."

Mistress Heart stood. "Milotic, fetch me his pokeball. Swellow, stand ready."

RTE was sleeping too soundly to even notice his pokeball being taken. Mistress Heart threw it. 

The small pink pokemon came out of it's ball, curled up in sleep like it's master. A blur of black streaked by and knocked it over.

"Swellow! That wasn't necessary when it was already asleep!"

The Swellow rolled its eyes at Mistress Heart

"I saw that!" 

The Swellow glided over to Mistress Heart and began to groom her hair. She started to smile. 

"Ok, ok, I forgive you. Stop it! Stop!"

"Ummm... Mistress?"

"Oh. Right. Gardevoir, what is the nature of this pokemon's soul?"

Gardevoir glided over to the knocked out Skitty. After the usual short pause, she turned to Mistress Heart.

"Hmmm. Not one of the thieves. How about that?" She glanced over at the still sleeping RTE. "We'll just let him lie there for now." 

Sounds of shock came from the other trainers as she stood up. "Well, I guess this means it's time for another break! Chimecho?"

The sound of Chimecho's bell rang across the beach, and as the rain began to fall, pokemon were released. 

RTE, trainer of Skitty, League Trainer, has been eliminated from the competition. 

Pokedex information: Skitty Moves

No information available 

It is now Night 2. Since it is a weekend, I'll be extending the deadline by 12 hours. Deadline is in 60 hours. If all night actions are submitted before then, the day phase will start sooner. 

I have played with you many times, Des. That doesn´t mean that I remember exactely how you play or actually know your meta at all. My memory is really bad. There are only a few people that I can actually read properly. Don´t like those argument. 

That said. I like your points about Cloud and Cyan and also your scum list in the next post.

Fair enough, I figured you would have remembered that element of my scum meta.

FOS on Despo for bringing up meta, laying it out so everybody can see it.

@Dap: I went ahead and cleaned up the quotes so it would be easier to see, and I'm only going to respond to the stuff I felt most relevant.

Most of the rest of your stuff against that first post of mine that you quoted has to do with me fence-sitting on RTE, and I completely admit that I am on the fence concerning his alignment.

you miss the point. It's not that you are doing that its that you used that against ithi.

In my experience people usually call out things they find scummy that they do themselves. So to be it reflects poorly on you and looks hypocritical when you thought ithi was mafia for doing exactly what you are doing

Honestly I don't personally find anything scummy about hypocrisy. I'm going to point out behavior that seems questionable to me in others, if someone else wants to point out behavior of mine they find questionable, that's their prerogative. As I said before, fence-sitting doesn't 100% indicate scum, although mafia might want to keep from being pinned down on a certain issue, a townie might be a little unsure as well. Should I have lied and said I was still convinced RTE was town?

That all being said, I never called Ithi out for fence-sitting. You later say that I called her out for flip-flopping, which is true, and I guess you could say that I "flipped" from having a town read on RTE to a null one, but either way I didn't call Ithi out for fence-sitting.

My maint stuff against Ithi was that she was reaching a bit day 1, seemed to be pushing an easy lynch on RTE, was the first to suggest the two teams thing when a mafioso would likely be the first to know in this game, and she said she had a town read on Maddy, who I still find to be the scummiest player in the game. The flip-flopping on RTE was really just icing on the cake for me.

Most of that last WoT is you continuously chalking up the amount of info we can get from this or that... yadda yadda yadda. In a game with two mafia teams, lynch info is much more malleable. Not saying you can't glean any info from it, but it can also easily be used by respective scum teams to their own ends. But yeah, info this, info that in that last big post. We'll get info from how long it takes me to scratch my backside while crafting this post. TONS of info. Bucketloads even. You get the point.

I like info. Disagree if you want but I like to analyse stuff

Lol it's not that I don't like info, I never said that. I was pointing out how you regurgitated the word "info" so many times in that one WoT post that it seemed odd to me, especially since there really wasn't that much concrete info that could have been obtained at that point.

It's kinda like when someone says the word "scummy" an excessive amount of times in their post, to try and really reinforce the concept that someone else might be scummy without actually explaining why. I think you were throwing out "info" so many times in an attempt to gain town cred.

I read it and was interested. Fwiw. BGspeak. Lol.

Sigh. Do I really have to give my precious BT points to the Red Baron?

Jking hehe :tongue:

20 points to you sir.

Hey guys. Seriously ill today and wasn't about yesterday. Having read all of that I can't say it helped heh, my head or the game.

Deadline is coming up and chances are I will miss it. RTE is best and closest candidate for lynch, maddy I beleive we should wait for answers from prior to lynch but can look at next day. I iniyatally thought her town but that is changing.

I'm going go go throw up a new colour now. Don't let random.org do the kybch for is cause that is eate.

Berf defending Maddy a fair amount, and saying we should wait for answers before lynching her.... if she was sitting with this big of a train on her for this many days and apparently declined to show up and comment, what makes you think she'll do so any other day?

Really glad Berf came forward with this, it will help us find Maddy's other teammates (yeah, I'm convinced she's mafia at this point).

To the ones thinking I should step up my posting. I have work so not much time at work to post, when I am on here I have to go through several pages to see what is going on and even that is mostly jargon, no offence to anyone but you just keep quoting each other it doesn't make sense. Sorry I'm a teacher so it might sound bit preachy but there you have it.  I'll stick to my vote though.for the reasons in my previous post.

95% of most of the chatter in mafia games is jargon. That's part of the beauty of the game, or at least it is for me. Gotta use sleuthwork and powers of deduction, scum will rarely give themselves up easily. So the jargon is somewhat necessary in a sense. And even if you don't have much to comment on regarding what you see as jargon, you can still ask questions or point out stuff that you DO think is relevant.

I have played with you many times, Des. That doesn´t mean that I remember exactely how you play or actually know your meta at all. My memory is really bad. There are only a few people that I can actually read properly. Don´t like those argument. 

That said. I like your points about Cloud and Cyan and also your scum list in the next post.

:rolleyes:

Were you even reading what the meta was applying to Krak? It was in regards to whether or not I would defend a mafia teammate, since Tina found my defense of RTE to be odd.

Turns out RTE flipped town.

Plus, it's not exactly like I was trying to hide the fact that I brought up my own meta. Sad that there aren't really that many players anymore that CAN vouch for that part of my meta, I know Ithi and Turin both knew that about me, BG has seen me do it, and Peace has as well.

I don't think bringing up one's own meta is that scummy if it's relevant and also an accurate depiction.

And FOS at Tina for accepting his reasoning and for not pushing Des further on the point.

I don't remember Tina posting since I said that and "accepting" my reasoning. She said she didn't like the argument of me bringing up meta.

So now that we have seen RTE flip town, I'd like to see Dap come forward and show us all the INFO that was gained from his lynch.

Personally I find the initial rush of votes on him to be the scummiest on his train, but I'll take a closer look at those votes in a bit.

Sad that we didn't lynch someone who imo was so much more obviously scummy than RTE. Maddy REALLY needs to be looked at pronto. It would also be nice if she decided to join the fray again.

Right now my scum list is:

Maddy

Dap

Cloud

Cyan

Berf (found him odd at the beginning of the game {remember his self-vote?}, and his defense of Maddy is a pretty big deal imo)

Chuckles (forgot to add him to my last scum list, but tbh at this point it's a little more of a faint scum read, haven't seen anything that questionable for a while that I can remember)

Woohoo! Points!

In all fairness,,Maddy not checking in made RTE the smarter lynch. RTE did say something and could have attempted to defend himself more but chose not to really. Maddy is MIA.

@Dap: I went ahead and cleaned up the quotes so it would be easier to see, and I'm only going to respond to the stuff I felt most relevant.

Most of the rest of your stuff against that first post of mine that you quoted has to do with me fence-sitting on RTE, and I completely admit that I am on the fence concerning his alignment.

you miss the point. It's not that you are doing that its that you used that against ithi.

In my experience people usually call out things they find scummy that they do themselves. So to be it reflects poorly on you and looks hypocritical when you thought ithi was mafia for doing exactly what you are doing

Honestly I don't personally find anything scummy about hypocrisy. I'm going to point out behavior that seems questionable to me in others, if someone else wants to point out behavior of mine they find questionable, that's their prerogative. As I said before, fence-sitting doesn't 100% indicate scum, although mafia might want to keep from being pinned down on a certain issue, a townie might be a little unsure as well. Should I have lied and said I was still convinced RTE was town?

That all being said, I never called Ithi out for fence-sitting. You later say that I called her out for flip-flopping, which is true, and I guess you could say that I "flipped" from having a town read on RTE to a null one, but either way I didn't call Ithi out for fence-sitting.

My maint stuff against Ithi was that she was reaching a bit day 1, seemed to be pushing an easy lynch on RTE, was the first to suggest the two teams thing when a mafioso would likely be the first to know in this game, and she said she had a town read on Maddy, who I still find to be the scummiest player in the game. The flip-flopping on RTE was really just icing on the cake for me.

wasn't that town read before Maddy got all coachy? Also I consider flip flopping and fence sitting one in the same. Both are just ways people avoid taking a solid stand

Most of that last WoT is you continuously chalking up the amount of info we can get from this or that... yadda yadda yadda. In a game with two mafia teams, lynch info is much more malleable. Not saying you can't glean any info from it, but it can also easily be used by respective scum teams to their own ends. But yeah, info this, info that in that last big post. We'll get info from how long it takes me to scratch my backside while crafting this post. TONS of info. Bucketloads even. You get the point.

I like info. Disagree if you want but I like to analyse stuff

Lol it's not that I don't like info, I never said that. I was pointing out how you regurgitated the word "info" so many times in that one WoT post that it seemed odd to me, especially since there really wasn't that much concrete info that could have been obtained at that point. its a good buzz word

It's kinda like when someone says the word "scummy" an excessive amount of times in their post, to try and really reinforce the concept that someone else might be scummy without actually explaining why. I think you were throwing out "info" so many times in an attempt to gain town cred.

didn't ithi say I was using scummy too much as well? Either way I've never been one to try ge town cred by trivial things. If I want town cred I get mafia lynched (as both mafia and town)

Hey guys. Seriously ill today and wasn't about yesterday. Having read all of that I can't say it helped heh, my head or the game.

Deadline is coming up and chances are I will miss it. RTE is best and closest candidate for lynch, maddy I beleive we should wait for answers from prior to lynch but can look at next day. I iniyatally thought her town but that is changing.

I'm going go go throw up a new colour now. Don't let random.org do the kybch for is cause that is eate.

Berf defending Maddy a fair amount, and saying we should wait for answers before lynching her.... if she was sitting with this big of a train on her for this many days and apparently declined to show up and comment, what makes you think she'll do so any other day?

Really glad Berf came forward with this, it will help us find Maddy's other teammates (yeah, I'm convinced she's mafia at this point).

i agree with this. If her team tells her to stay off thread atleast one of them would point out that we should wait in some form or another IMO

Were you even reading what the meta was applying to Krak? It was in regards to whether or not I would defend a mafia teammate, since Tina found my defense of RTE to be odd.

Plus, it's not exactly like I was trying to hide the fact that I brought up my own meta. Sad that there aren't really that many players anymore that CAN vouch for that part of my meta, I know Ithi and Turin both knew that about me, BG has seen me do it, and Peace has as well. what about me? I have been around an age too

I don't think bringing up one's own meta is that scummy if it's relevant and also an accurate depiction.

its one of DMs recent "scum tells". To bring up ones own meta is never a town move

And FOS at Tina for accepting his reasoning and for not pushing Des further on the point.

I don't remember Tina posting since I said that and "accepting" my reasoning. She said she didn't like the argument of me bringing up meta.

I'm making dinner but ill do that info analysis for you later

We shall see what we get

Plus, it's not exactly like I was trying to hide the fact that I brought up my own meta. Sad that there aren't really that many players anymore that CAN vouch for that part of my meta, I know Ithi and Turin both knew that about me, BG has seen me do it, and Peace has as well.

I don't care who knows your meta, I don't care what your meta is, and I don't want you pulling it out and brandishing it like a how-to guide.  You attempt to sway player's opinions without offering anything concrete about your role in the current game.  I don't care about past games, I care about this one.

Tunnelling on me a little? :dry: I'm quite certain I'm not the only one to consider a delay on a maddy lynch until there's a chance for talk. I'm also fairly certain I've spent most of the past day (days whatever) saying I'm voting RTE but if need be will switch. RTE remained the best candidate throughout the day, to my eyes.10 or so other players agreed with me.

With the distractions of day 1 cleared up (Darthe, RTE, Ithi and to a lesser extent Turin I guess) maddy is prime candidate in my book. There are definate signs of coaching, the mia is telling without a comment forthcoming, and the flip-flopping is extreme to say the least. I can't imagine what excuse could cover all of that.

And regarding the day 1 self vote, it was a jibe at me being quite low key in the last mafia game, and a subtle commentary on the current mood of mafia around these parts. What in absolute anything freakin' else would I self vote for? Think about it.

@Dap: :dry:

Dude, if you're going to continue to do the reply in blue thing, I'm going to stop responding. It's too annoying to go back and edit out to make it look neater, and I'm not gonna do that thing where we alternate in colors and crap. At the very least can you just quote everything, then add all your comments below instead of in the quote window? Or do that thing where you bold one part, underline another, italicize another, then include your responses to each, that kind of thing.

wasn't that town read before Maddy got all coachy? Also I consider flip flopping and fence sitting one in the same. Both are just ways people avoid taking a solid stand

I'm not sure, but that wasn't when I started being suspicious of Maddy. Go back and check if you want, I first became suspicious of Maddy cause I thought she might have symp-hinted, with those two posts where she bolded the word "mafia".

And flip-flopping and fence-sitting are definitely NOT the same thing. Flip-flopping can either be scum backpedaling, or town changing their mind. Fence-sitting is what you say, not taking a solid stand, but it could either be scum trying to stay neutral or indecisive town.

Either way, they're not the same in the context you were using. You said I accused Ithi of fence-sitting, which I never did. You didn't say I accused her of not taking a solid stand.

didn't ithi say I was using scummy too much as well? Either way I've never been one to try ge town cred by trivial things. If I want town cred I get mafia lynched (as both mafia and town)

You trying to tell me that's something you wouldn't do as scum? I smell another huge contradiction coming on...

its one of DMs recent "scum tells". To bring up ones own meta is never a town move

Lolololol. Dude, you literally just brought up your own meta. I'll quote it again for ya:

Either way I've never been one to try ge town cred by trivial things. If I want town cred I get mafia lynched (as both mafia and town)

THAT'S BRINGING UP YOUR OWN META. By your own words, never a town move apparently.

This is like the 17th time I've shown you to be a hypocrite Dap. Incidentally, I completely disagree with the notion that bringing up your own meta is never a town move. If someone fos'd me for being wordy and posting big walls of text, I would let them know that is completely normal for me. If someone questioned Wombat for voting without stating a reason, he'd let them know it's something he does fairly often. There's nothing wrong with bringing up meta that is relevant and accurate.

Now, there IS something wrong with trying to use meta to justify obviously scummy behavior. Saying something like "LOL I always look scummy early in games" or "/lesigh Player X ALWAYS thinks I'm scummy" is a dumb, and scummy, move. It's trying to abuse meta when it's not truly relevant. That's not what I did.

Since when did the concept of "meta" become such a huge taboo in DM mafia?

I don't care who knows your meta, I don't care what your meta is, and I don't want you pulling it out and brandishing it like a how-to guide.  You attempt to sway player's opinions without offering anything concrete about your role in the current game.  I don't care about past games, I care about this one.

Watch the hostile tone, brah.

I feel I've done more than enough to indicate my towniness THIS game. And I certainly haven't brandished anything as a "how-to" guide.

And quit being dogmatic. I'll play as how I see fit. If I want to bring up information that I feel is relevant to the game and can possibly help catch scum, I'll do so. If you have a problem with that, then why dontcha 

tumblr_lwj5d5bDzC1qgp3yd.gif

Tunnelling on me a little? :dry: I'm quite certain I'm not the only one to consider a delay on a maddy lynch until there's a chance for talk. I'm also fairly certain I've spent most of the past day (days whatever) saying I'm voting RTE but if need be will switch. RTE remained the best candidate throughout the day, to my eyes.10 or so other players agreed with me.

With the distractions of day 1 cleared up (Darthe, RTE, Ithi and to a lesser extent Turin I guess) maddy is prime candidate in my book. There are definate signs of coaching, the mia is telling without a comment forthcoming, and the flip-flopping is extreme to say the least. I can't imagine what excuse could cover all of that.

And regarding the day 1 self vote, it was a jibe at me being quite low key in the last mafia game, and a subtle commentary on the current mood of mafia around these parts. What in absolute anything freakin' else would I self vote for? Think about it.

I assume you're responding to me here. Can you please tell me how I have tunneled you at all this game? Seems hyper-defensive to describe the fos I just threw at you as tunneling. Also, I haven't seen anyone other than you say we should consider a delay on a Maddy lynch. If you have, please tell me or better yet show me the posts.

I've also never liked the "I'll vote Player X if need be" argument. Stating intention to vote someone is not the same as actually voting them, and in fact I find stating the intention to vote someone to be a fairly big scumtell.

And if you can't imagine what excuse could cover all the things you mentioned about Maddy, why are you preaching caution about her lynch?

As for the self-vote thing, that could have been you trying to look silly and irreverent.

Official Vote Count

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Kronos (0) : Hallia

berf (0) : berf, Ithi, Piano

Ithi (0) : RTE, Darthe, BG, Tina, RTE

RTE (4): Piano, Cloud, Panchi, Razen, BG, Ithi, berf, Hallia, Turin, madness, Luci, Razen

Piano (0): Des, Krak

WoT13 (0): Chuckles

Chuckles (0): RTE, Razen, RTE

Mawth (0): Ley

Darthe (13): Piano, berf, Chuckles, BG, Des, Tina, Krak, RTE, Ithi, WoT13, Cyan, Panchi, Turin

Madness (0): Des

Cloud (0): Des

Turin (1): Darthe

Tina (1): Hallia

Not voting: Mawth, Kronos, Dav, Ley, Hisoka

THAT'S A LYNCH!!!

Scene coming up

Official Vote Count

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

RTE (11): Chuckles, Razen, BG, Cloud, Hallia, berf, Mawth, Tina, Cyan, Dav, Kronos

Madness (6): Panchi, Despo, RTE, WoT13, Krak, Luc, Piano

Ley (0): Piano

Cyan (0): Kronos

Not voting: madness, Hisoka, peace

That's a lynch! Scene coming up!!!

Oh and I was going to push back the deadline if we needed it to but considering the amount of activity/votes we'd already had this day phase I figured it wasn't needed *shrug*

Both final VC's for anyone who likes to analyze such things.

People who abstained from voting Darthe but ended up voting for RTE:

Cloud, Razen, Hallia, Maw, Kronos, and Dav.

Incidentally I think any of those people could use a close looking at.

Cloud, Razen, and Hallia especially, since they were all part of the fast rush onto RTE's train. Cloud said it would be weird for him to have voted anyone else, so apparently he's concerned with how his voting would look to others. Razen and Hallia both have low post counts and have laid very low this game, yet leapt at the opportunity to place a vote on RTE. Btw, someone already mentioned this, but Ithi or Turin being killed could have been a mafia team trying to set RTE up for a speedlynch.

Kronos was all "I don't vote with the crowd" yesterday, yet hammered for consolidation. I don't really think there's a lot there, but meh worth mentioning. Maw was pretty inactive day 1, not sure about him. Don't really have anything on Dav either, he also has an extremely low post count and has laid low.

Other stuff jumping out at me:

Hisoka didn't have a vote on either final vote count. Gotta step it up Hisoka. I know you apparently didn't know the coding, but as I mentioned when the correct format was pointed out to you it would have been smart to go ahead and vote then.

Cyan is a somewhat late vote on both trains. Might have to check his vote on Darthe, see if it looked like his one on RTE. If so, he could be one of those mafiosos that wants to make their votes look very deliberate.

Berf was an early vote on Darthe's train, so there's that. Dap was too, but he already stated his willingness to sacrifice a teammate as scum. I could see his vote being there because Darthe seemed like he might flub up on the QT. Couldn't really see Berf voting so early on a teammate, so if he is mafia I doubt he's on Darthe's team.

Despo

It's hard for me to to wade back and forth through all the code. That's why I comment as I go

About the meta stuff

I was being sarcastic.( thought you would of picked up on that) I don't really mind you brining up your own meta or anyone else doing it. That way I can go back to old games and cross Refrence it

So that particular thing isn't really hypocritical IMO

Also the ithi fence sitting v flip flopping. When I said you accused ithi of it I considered them one in the same

The thing that bothered me about you is you go after ithi for a specific scum tell. But IMO it's something you are doing yourself

Make sense

Also I'd like to point out all that info you got from the VCs lol

Despo

It's hard for me to to wade back and forth through all the code. That's why I comment as I go

About the meta stuff

I was being sarcastic.( thought you would of picked up on that) I don't really mind you brining up your own meta or anyone else doing it. That way I can go back to old games and cross Refrence it

Also the ithi fence sitting v flip flopping. When I said you accused ithi of it I considered them one in the same

The thing that bothered me about you is you go after ithi for a specific scum tell. But IMO it's something you are doing yourself

Make sense

Despo

About the meta stuff

Make sense

Despo

About the meta stuff

Make sense

Despo

About the meta stuff

Make sense

Despo

About the meta stuff

Make sense

Archived